Shooting Range

4 replies to this topic

#1 Ronbocop

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:14 AM

If it hasn't been done already or is not yet implemented, I would like to see an ability to go to a "shooting range/testing ground" for various reasons:
1. Key configurations - If I decide to modify the operation keys to better suit my A10 HOTAS & Saitek Rudder, I don't want to be doing it after being thrust in a game. It hinders my team by leaving them a man short whilst I play with my new configuration as well as leave me vulnerable to being killed, skewing my stats.
2. Mech configurations - It would be nice to see how my new mech configuration handles with the adjusted speed and manouvreability, the new weapons array, how are the heat-sinks coping with the new loadout. Should I shed some kilos for some speed. (Targets could illuminate how much damage an alpha strike or other weapon volley causes, different ranges could also help determine the mech's new lethal kill range sweet spot.)
3. Re-familiarisation - There other other sims and games that I play, that and other life commitments might intruded on this excellent remake and I need a re-fam refresher to re-acquaint myself.

There are other reasons, but that highlights some of my main concerns, others feel free to add

Edited by Ronbocop, 01 August 2012 - 03:16 AM.

#2 Daveman

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 06:40 PM

Bots, to give you a terget.

#3 MarshmallowRampage

• PipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 98 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:01 PM

Yeah, some kind of shooting range would be nice, get the feel for weapon load outs, heat sink numbers, ect so we can see if they feel good to us before we face targets that might shoot back

#4 Naherven

Rookie

• 7 posts
  • LocationOld Connaught, Arc-Royal

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:00 AM

Seems like a good idea. It would great for new or rusty players.

#5 Rusty Trombone

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:32 AM

very good idea
would be a great part of a tutorial for people who suck.. like me :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users