• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 495 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationBristol, Va

Posted 21 March 2015 - 04:45 PM

View PostTarogato, on 21 March 2015 - 01:01 PM, said:

Iterative quirks.

Yes, I'm sorry, it's a big word. But it's literally the word PGI used to describe this quirk pass, especially in regards to the Clan quirks and I think everybody is completely ignoring this word.

It means that the values or indeed the quirks themselves are liable to change incrementally. Today it might be 4%, next week it might be 8%, and the week after it might go to 16% and then perhaps 20%.

The quirks are weak because PGI wants numbers. They want to see how much 4% can make a difference in both the mechs performance and how often people choose to use it. It doesn't mean that the mech is going to stay at 4%. Their metrics will be a lot more inconclusive if they jumped to 25% quirks like they have BEEN doing.

Have some damned patience, folks.

Yet they still gave IS mechs the 1.2 to 25% quirks in the same patch. Not to mention they have left the 3 IS lrg laser heat advantage on top of the quirks. Patience is one thing, being told the world is great and the sky is purple is another.

#62 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 March 2015 - 04:54 PM

View PostLeggin Ho, on 21 March 2015 - 04:45 PM, said:

Yet they still gave IS mechs the 1.2 to 25% quirks in the same patch.

Okay, you have a point there. I don't know how they could ever explain that away.

#63 greywolf79

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 83 posts
  • LocationCedar City, UT

Posted 21 March 2015 - 05:21 PM

Personally I wish they would allow clan tech items to be equipped to Inner Sphere mechs like EVERY other version of mechwarrior with both techs has allowed. It has always been that when there had been a little time after the invasion, you could customize your mechs to use the weapons from the other side. In fact, you can even put Inner Sphere tech on a clan omni-mech - but they do not allow that here yet either. I am looking forward to Inner Sphere omni mechs and weapon/item interchangeability...

#64 B L O O D W I T C H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 06:44 PM

in a couple of years, greywolf, but not 3050.

#65 ThrashInc

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 248 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 09:56 PM

View PostTarogato, on 21 March 2015 - 01:01 PM, said:

Iterative quirks.

Yes, I'm sorry, it's a big word. But it's literally the word PGI used to describe this quirk pass, especially in regards to the Clan quirks and I think everybody is completely ignoring this word.

It means that the values or indeed the quirks themselves are liable to change incrementally. Today it might be 4%, next week it might be 8%, and the week after it might go to 16% and then perhaps 20%.

The quirks are weak because PGI wants numbers. They want to see how much 4% can make a difference in both the mechs performance and how often people choose to use it. It doesn't mean that the mech is going to stay at 4%. Their metrics will be a lot more inconclusive if they jumped to 25% quirks like they have BEEN doing.

Have some damned patience, folks.

I eagerly await the UrbanMech quirks of 2% Torso Twist, 1% AC-10 Cooldown, and 4% SL Cooldown.

#66 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 03:39 AM

View PostThrashInc, on 21 March 2015 - 09:56 PM, said:

I eagerly await the UrbanMech quirks of 2% Torso Twist, 1% AC-10 Cooldown, and 4% SL Cooldown.

362% torso twist.. now that's overpowered!
that's like..
"360 no scope? do you even 4th dimension frontal backshot?"

#67 ThrashInc

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 248 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 03:55 AM

Forums gonna explode when the UrbanMech gets legit quirks.

This all really boils down to transparency, or the lack thereof. We have no idea what PGI plans to do to eventually balance these mechs, we don't know if PGI has considered the IS versions of clan tech in the future and what happens to quirks then, we don't know what the end game for CW is supposed to look like.

We only know that "iterative" quirks is word fluff, that (IS and Clan) quirk passes have been overboard, underwhelming, and just right. If MWO was supposed to be Goldilocks then I'd get it.

There is no road map with clear cut, well defined goals, ambitions, and timelines for what this game is supposed to become in the future readily available for reference.

If I am wrong, someone tell me what is going to be released (aside from Mech Packs) in June? August? November?

I can easily reference developer roadmaps for other games and answer those questions with a high degree of confidence.

Edited by ThrashInc, 22 March 2015 - 03:56 AM.

#68 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 04:10 AM

View PostThrashInc, on 22 March 2015 - 03:55 AM, said:

We only know that "iterative" quirks is word fluff, that (IS and Clan) quirk passes have been overboard, underwhelming, and just right. If MWO was supposed to be Goldilocks then I'd get it.

I think that this is also influenced by the fact that PGI is really trying hard to please their audience (which i admire).
community wants more maps? serving new maps (which are kinda buggy and rushed).
community wants DOA mechs to be valid? serving quirks (which are kinda rushed too)
community wants new mechs? serving new mechs (which are also mostly buggy early access)

sometimes, what the community wants isn't what would actually be good for them.

Edited by LOADED, 22 March 2015 - 04:10 AM.

#69 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 06:57 AM

View PostCrushLibs, on 21 March 2015 - 01:27 PM, said:

Here is an idea put the PPC heat back down to 12 or 13 like it used to be.

Don't like that one. Then again I don't like the more efficient heat quirks for mechs either.

Also PGI has messed up thinking take a hot puma and cut its PPC cycle time so it can overheat even faster?? ya

or the NOVA stock 12 med laser very hot but could be used , up the heat on all clan lasers and now the NOVA is WORTHLESS.

PGI needs to revamp the entire setup from quirks to hard points on both sides of the fence. Push the timeline to 3060 and lets rock

But this is truth. I dunno about 3060, the rest definitely. Instead of making some mechs more efficient at heat, (where the 25% and 50% are bringing things like medium lasers back down to canonical TT values for specific mechs), they should just bring the heat for the small and medium class laser weapons down. The heat for the AC/20 back up (won't change for Clans but it'd raise for the IS).

De-inflate the hardpoints.

Slap together a lower threshold (no matter what people might say, a lower threshold is a Clan and PPC nerf more than anything else, and with that, you won't have laser vomit TBRs or mass PPC spray. We can bring back the old lightning fast PPCs and ER PPCs). Combine with a pilot death cap (where if you go way out there [say DireStar], your pilot dies but the mech itself acts as if you disconnected so that any player can go get the kill; removing the abuse of overheat suicides to avoid giving kills).

Edited by Koniving, 22 March 2015 - 06:59 AM.

#70 Torchfire Katayama

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 114 posts
  • LocationNA

Posted 22 March 2015 - 03:18 PM

View Postgreywolf79, on 21 March 2015 - 05:21 PM, said:

Personally I wish they would allow clan tech items to be equipped to Inner Sphere mechs... In fact, you can even put Inner Sphere tech on a clan omni-mech - but they do not allow that here yet either. I am looking forward to Inner Sphere omni mechs and weapon/item interchangeability...

So what you mean is your looking forward to the direwolf with four IS AC/20's? I like you.

#71 Surn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 23 March 2015 - 08:27 AM

If planets have factories that affect price and availability of weapons...things could be interesting. Further, various grades/brands of weapons could have quirks...be built on specific planets and cw would be pretTy interesting

#72 Torchfire Katayama

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 114 posts
  • LocationNA

Posted 28 March 2015 - 03:59 PM

View PostMechregSurn, on 23 March 2015 - 08:27 AM, said:

If planets have factories that affect price and availability of weapons...things could be interesting. Further, various grades/brands of weapons could have quirks...be built on specific planets and cw would be pretTy interesting

I'm pretty sure thats a horrible idea. One faction starts gaining the upper hand, and then becomes unstoppable cause of quirks that are based on planets owned.

#73 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 30 March 2015 - 09:22 AM

View PostTorchfire, on 28 March 2015 - 03:59 PM, said:

I'm pretty sure thats a horrible idea. One faction starts gaining the upper hand, and then becomes unstoppable cause of quirks that are based on planets owned.

True, but i think he might have meant weapons having slightly different stats, beeing produced by different manufacturers.. Say, slightly longer burn time for medium lasers for a bit of more damage , a bit of more range but more heat, a bit of less recycle time but a bit less damage.. Nothing big enough to heavily impact balance. I would love it.

#74 Torchfire Katayama

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 114 posts
  • LocationNA

Posted 30 March 2015 - 09:31 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 30 March 2015 - 09:22 AM, said:

True, but i think he might have meant weapons having slightly different stats, beeing produced by different manufacturers.. Say, slightly longer burn time for medium lasers for a bit of more damage , a bit of more range but more heat, a bit of less recycle time but a bit less damage.. Nothing big enough to heavily impact balance. I would love it.

So if my faction owned some 100 planets, and 15 of them produced medium lasers. I then have to choose between 15 different medium lasers in the mech lab? No thanks.

#75 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 30 March 2015 - 09:47 AM

View PostTorchfire, on 30 March 2015 - 09:31 AM, said:

I then have to choose between 15 different medium lasers in the mech lab? No thanks.

You do not have to, but you can ;)

Imagine you have the "standard"/"average" ML, which you can buy and mount just like you do now. Then, you have in a corner of the ML picture a small arrow; you click it and a small window comes down, showing you alternative ML models you can purchase if you wish.

More options are always better usually, and i see no reason to force you to buy something else or scroll down to check every single available ML.

#76 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 02 April 2015 - 05:28 AM

View PostClaymoreReIIik, on 20 March 2015 - 05:34 AM, said:

P.S.: Just so that I said something in regards to the OP:
Considering a constellation where both lights run max armor and back torsos are distributed 8/10/8:
Ignoring headshots this gives us the following:
- The adder will die after receiving a minimum of 56 damage (CT).
- The panther will die after receiving a minimum of 40 damage (either ST).

The panther with 2 ER PPCs (quirked) will dissipate 20 heat per full cycle from 10 internal heat sinks. The Adder with 2 er ppcs will dissipate 24,4 heat per full cycle from 8 internal heatsinks and 6 external ones.

The clan advantages are there, you just need to look at all of the numbers. The adder is not even one of the top clan mechs, btw. There is quite a few where the general picture is a lot more depressing.

The Panther will also generate 25% less heat from the ERPPCs, have ERPPCs that move at a reasonable velocity (+40% speed), can Jump, is 20kph faster, and can fire more frequently (25% cooldown). And thats the 10k with 2xERPPC which is TERRIBLE. its far too hot to use, the 9R with 15% heat, range and cooldown and 40% velocity for regular PPCs is FAR better. Guess what? the adder doesnt have the option of using standard PPCs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users