Firewall Blocking Mwo

No replies to this topic

#1 Psyberian

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 05:19 PM

I may need to send this directly to support, but I figure I would check here first. Hopefully some PGI guys check this forum out.

I'm working on a new pfsense firewall for a regular monthly LAN party (30ish people in a large room). One of the key features I am putting in place is to block P2P hosts. This is mainly being done as we are in a public space and do not want to annoy the owners of the facility and we don't want one person to ruin it for everyone. Also P2P traffic is often a bandwidth hog and impacts gaming.

All other games (WoW, Titanfall, CoD, etc) are working correctly. I've isolated the only issue being with MWO so far. I am getting this as the destination Ip and traffic I am getting.

Destination IP: 192.99.40.103 Type: ET P2P Edonkey Publicize File

Searching the forums come up with this IP frequently used to test to for MWO. Edonkey, is a background p2p service from what I can tell. So, if they do, why does MWO do any P2P file transfers in the background? There were issues with Edonkey and teamspeak a while ago. Is this something to do with the new in game voice chat?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users