Best Mc Promo Mech

5 replies to this topic

#1 Marduk2

• Pip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 03:27 AM

What is the best mech to acquire in March's deals on MC purchases?

i.e.: What is the best of:

NOVA NVA-A, KFX-C, ADR-B, and MLX-A

SMN-C, SCR-A, MDD-C, and IFR-D

TBR-D, GAR-C, WHK-C, and DWF-S

As a footnote, I currently own the Misery, the Higuinn, the Catapult-C4, and the Thunderbolt-9S

#2 Kyynele

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 973 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 06:37 AM

View PostMarduk2, on 20 March 2015 - 03:27 AM, said:

What is the best mech to acquire in March's deals on MC purchases?

i.e.: What is the best of:

NOVA NVA-A, KFX-C, ADR-B, and MLX-A

SMN-C, SCR-A, MDD-C, and IFR-D

TBR-D, GAR-C, WHK-C, and DWF-S

As a footnote, I currently own the Misery, the Higuinn, the Catapult-C4, and the Thunderbolt-9S

Well, I'm pretty sure the general consensus is that Timber Wolf and Stormcrow are the best clan mechs in the game, followed closely by Dire Wolf (and Hellbringer, which isn't an option here.)

If you like heavies, Timber Wolves are likely the best heavy in the game. Relatively fast, durable, and versatile.

If you'd like something more mobile without sacrificing much firepower, Stormcrow is a great choice. It's also a nice option here since it's at a lower price point than the TBR and the DWF.

And Dire Wolf is the ultimate slow blob with over 50 tons of weapons strapped to it.

Personal preference?

#3 Marduk2

• Pip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 06:54 AM

What about among the Light's? $50 is a little out of my price range at the moment since I'm saving for Comic-Con

#4 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 March 2015 - 07:02 AM

No. Just don't.

Those clan variants you listed will eventually be released for C-Bills. Right now, at the full pricing, they are a complete ripoff. Don't buy them yet. The only mechs you should EVER buy with MC or cash are actual Hero mechs, or Pre-Order packages (ie. Wave 2, Wave 3, Resistance, etc)

Nevermind everything I just said, I misunderstood the context.

Of the mechs you listed, the "fourth variant" clan mechs, only the TBR-D, DWF-S, and SCR-A are actually "good." The rest of them ... well... they're free. If you want four free clan mechs to try out, with free mechbays, go for it. You could sell any of the ones you didn't like for some decent C-Bills. You've got nothing to lose, really - it's a good promo/bonus.

Edited by Tarogato, 20 March 2015 - 07:11 AM.

#5 Kyynele

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 973 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 11:08 AM

View PostMarduk2, on 20 March 2015 - 06:54 AM, said:

What about among the Light's? $50 is a little out of my price range at the moment since I'm saving for Comic-Con

Like hinted in the overlined part by Tarogato, all these variants will be released for C-bills next month. There's nothing really exclusive about them besides that. And the way omnipods work, you can have pretty much the same loadout in all variants of a clan chassis, so the variants don't really matter either. It boils down to which chassis are good, and the good ones are TBR, SCR and DWF.

Sadly, all the current clan lights are quite rubbish, and I'd say Huginn trumps all of them rather easily. Nova is pretty bad too, especially compared to Stormcrow.

You could take the Nova and sell it, it's the most valuable of the cheapest tier mechs in C-bills.

#6 InspectorG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 20 March 2015 - 07:44 PM

Summoner.

Those quirks are gonna break the game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users