Inner Sphere Resistance Badges

93 replies to this topic

Poll: IS Resistance Badges (308 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you satisfied with the new Resistance collection badges?

1. No. They must match those on the Resistance collection page. (175 votes [56.82%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 56.82%

2. Voted Yes. I like the new badges. (56 votes [18.18%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

3. I don't care (77 votes [25.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Vermaxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 3,012 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires

Posted 20 March 2015 - 07:07 PM

I agree, if one paid for a Resistance set thinking they were getting those skull emblems and received those lame flags; that one has a right to be cheesed off.

Personally, I think the emblems are kind of a stupid motivation; but I guess they're as valid as any other reason. On the other hand, PGI will eventually find a way to monetize your mech decals, numbers, satin/shine/dull finish, your player flag, your title, and anything else someone can conceive.

#22 Vegalas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 136 posts
  • LocationAt the screen. On my seat too.

Posted 21 March 2015 - 03:55 AM

I wish people just stopped complaining. The new badges look too much like a quick scetch done with paint in my opinion but otherwise I don't see what people are complaining about. Weapon badges are otherwise usually much cooler than ones with skulls. At the moment I don't even know how to get a badge since I should have a founder badge but for some odd reason it doesn't show up. Is it toggleable somewhere in the forumprofile I haven't checked?

#23 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 21 March 2015 - 05:04 AM

I considered trying to get the resistance package. The badges on the page were so ugly I instantly decided against it. The new badges are MUCH better.

#24 Varhait

Archivarius

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 9,698 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 07:47 AM

View PostVegalas, on 21 March 2015 - 03:55 AM, said:

I wish people just stopped complaining. The new badges look too much like a quick scetch done with paint in my opinion but otherwise I don't see what people are complaining about. Weapon badges are otherwise usually much cooler than ones with skulls.

Don't you think it's a bit unfair if you will get COM-TDK instead of AS7-BH for the same price? Same thing here.

#25 InRev

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, USA

Posted 21 March 2015 - 07:58 AM

View PostTina Benoit, on 20 March 2015 - 01:13 PM, said:

Hey!

Basically the reason they were changed is due to the badges being so small in-game (16x16).
The skulls being the same color and similar shape were barely recognizable from one another in that size.
So therefore the change was made to better differentiate them!

What about the option to choose? Personally, I think the forum badge takes priority over the in-game badge and, tbh, the replacement ones look terrible. Why not just give people the option to pick between the two? Or, even better, why not make the 8-bit badges the in-game ones and the skull ones the forum badges?

Regardless, I can't even get the right badge to show up in the forum anyway (it's different from my in-game one for some bizarre reason)

#26 Machinae Mortis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 10:31 AM

Hey!

Basically the reason they were changed is due to the badges being so small in-game (16x16).
The skulls being the same color and similar shape were barely recognizable from one another in that size.

I don't really care about any of that. I want what I saw and paid for.

#27 Hellen Wheels

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,326 posts
  • LocationDraconis March

Posted 21 March 2015 - 07:47 PM

Hey!

Basically the reason they were changed is .....

"Basically"?! Is that "the reason" provided for the less intellectually gifted, or only the mentally challenged?

Please do share what the more complicated, actual answer is, if you please, for those of us who just might be able to grasp the complexities of this fraud.

Edited by Hellen Wheels, 21 March 2015 - 07:53 PM.

#28 Tor Jorgensson

• PipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 55 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 12:56 PM

I actually like the new badges. But I also like the old ones.

Kind of wish we could have both. :P

#29 Myke Pantera

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 836 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 22 March 2015 - 01:09 PM

View PostIgor Kozyrev, on 20 March 2015 - 06:57 AM, said:

Also I'd like to point out, personally I'm not against small icons in the game being different from skulls, because I understand it's a tough question how to make those skulls distinctive enough when you have 8x8px picture. But for the forums no doubt I'd like to have the original ones.

Agree 100%

Luckily i won't switch away from my Storm icon ever. Like founders will never use anything but the founders icon.

#30 Vegalas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 136 posts
  • LocationAt the screen. On my seat too.

Posted 23 March 2015 - 02:08 AM

View PostVarhait, on 21 March 2015 - 07:47 AM, said:

Don't you think it's a bit unfair if you will get COM-TDK instead of AS7-BH for the same price? Same thing here.

No offense but forum badges and ingame 3D-models are not even close to the same thing. A mech package is bought because of the mechs not badges. People are just being stupid here. Just use another badge if you can't stand the resistance one or get rid of the whole badge thing. Too bad I still don't know how to toggle the badge because by all common sense I should have a founders badge: I thought the badge would be toggled by changing the in-game title but obviously it didn't. Does anybody know how to toggle the badge here? It would be useful info.

Edited by Vegalas, 23 March 2015 - 02:08 AM.

#31 Varhait

Archivarius

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 9,698 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 03:17 AM

View PostVegalas, on 23 March 2015 - 02:08 AM, said:

No offense but forum badges and ingame 3D-models are not even close to the same thing. A mech package is bought because of the mechs not badges. People are just being stupid here. Just use another badge if you can't stand the resistance one or get rid of the whole badge thing.

No problem.
Of cource badges and 3D-models are not same thing. Badges are more simple. Yet, i can't understand why PGI can't inject the promised part of content, the simplest part. As i said before, some peolpe bought resistance only for badges. If you don't like analogy with TDK and BH, i can bring parallel with Khan mechs (first wave for 500$). This is the same situation as if, instead of golden skins buyers got simple white skin.

Of course i can use another badge. Phoenix Overlord, Wave I, Wave II, Urbie (soon), and even Resistance... i've got them all(except founder and khan). For me it is not only a matter of the badges, it's a matter of trust. I want to MWO become better, I want support it. But, how can I support the PGI if they are trying to deceive me? Yesterday badges, today mechs, and tomorrow what? Small lie can lead to large consequences. That is my opinion.

View PostVegalas, on 23 March 2015 - 02:08 AM, said:

Too bad I still don't know how to toggle the badge because by all common sense I should have a founders badge: I thought the badge would be toggled by changing the in-game title but obviously it didn't. Does anybody know how to toggle the badge here? It would be useful info.

In Game. Home->titles/badges->badges.

Edited by Varhait, 23 March 2015 - 06:06 AM.

#32 Tom Sawyer

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationOn your 6

Posted 23 March 2015 - 04:04 AM

How about giving us the option to have the original skull and lightning bolts as a giant image on our mechs :)

#33 AdamBaines

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 09:34 AM

View PostTarzilman, on 20 March 2015 - 01:31 PM, said:

Thx Tina. I think this is an understandable reason. But it still leaves the question behind, why the community haven't been asked. The last couple of months should've shown, that the more communication pgi does the more satisfied the community is. Tell us the reason for a change and let us at least choose between a few other design variants. After all I think that the colour thing is a nice Idea, but the symbols are pretty awkward.

Im all on board with general community feedback on some issues, but at the same time PGI cannot paralyze themselves by always having to wait for the community to make up its mind on what it wants. Also, even if they do take community feedback and make a decision based on that, there will still be people raging that PGI decided one way or another.

In this case it does not affect game play so PGI making this decision uni-laterally is not really a big deal.

#34 Igor Kozyrev

• WC 2017 Silver Champ
  • WC 2017 Silver Champ
  • 1,881 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationRussia, Siberia

Posted 23 March 2015 - 12:30 PM

Welp, this topic has been here for a while, and we can clearly see the results of the discussion and the votes. Will PGI do anything about it? At least give us the final statement on that matter if you not going to change anything.

#35 627

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 11:23 PM

Hey!

I really want to know if these new badges are some kind of placeholders or if they are really the final batches everyone gets.

You could at least make a HiRes version for the forums. 8-bit art is nice and all but it doesn't really fit here.

Edited by 627, 23 March 2015 - 11:24 PM.

#36 Machinae Mortis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 11:26 PM

View PostMyke Pantera, on 22 March 2015 - 01:09 PM, said:

Agree 100%

Luckily i won't switch away from my Storm icon ever. Like founders will never use anything but the founders icon.

Actually, I was pretty excited about trading the yellow flag in for a skull, but that's probably because I spent way too much time listening to metal in my youth.

View PostAdamBaines, on 23 March 2015 - 09:34 AM, said:

Im all on board with general community feedback on some issues, but at the same time PGI cannot paralyze themselves by always having to wait for the community to make up its mind on what it wants.

I made up my mind on what I wanted when I looked at the package details, said to myself "I want that," then bought it.

Not sure how everyone else does this whole capitalism thing, but that's how I do it.

#37 Myke Pantera

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 836 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 24 March 2015 - 02:31 AM

View PostMachinae Mortis, on 23 March 2015 - 11:26 PM, said:

Actually, I was pretty excited about trading the yellow flag in for a skull, but that's probably because I spent way too much time listening to metal in my youth.

1) One can never spend too much time listening to metal
2) Why did you stop doing it?
3) When I saw the icons i though: Cool! I might switch to that. But than i realized that i like the fact that my Storm icon shows for how long I'm already part of this game/community...

#38 AdamBaines

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 08:49 AM

View PostMachinae Mortis, on 23 March 2015 - 11:26 PM, said:

I made up my mind on what I wanted when I looked at the package details, said to myself "I want that," then bought it.

Not sure how everyone else does this whole capitalism thing, but that's how I do it.

Hey I can understand. You made your decision to a purchase a specific package based on a badge you thought was cool, and made the said purchase. For me, as long as they delivered "a" badge as part of the package I was OK. To me the design of the badge is no biggie. Ill live with PGI making that unilateral decision to change it. Now if they had changed the mechs in that package I had chosen then I'd be a bit more concerned.

But, to each their own.

#39 D34DMetal

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 134 posts
  • Locationin a Mad Cat duh...

Posted 25 March 2015 - 04:51 AM

Hey!

And yet the old skull badges are still being advertised on the Resistance Pack Page: enjoy your false advertisement lawsuits!

How is it that badges in game being barely recognizable from one another a valid excuse? Have you SEEN the in-game badges for the clan waves? They suffer from the same issue. And to help clarify why this is false advertisement: 1) The Resistance Collection page fails to disclose that the badges displayed are not the badges that players actually receive upon purchase. This can be addressed in several ways: 1) Correcting the advertisement by displaying the badges which players actually receive upon purchase of a Resistance Collection, or 2) Waiting for those people affected by the false advertisement to collect damages (this could end up in a lawsuit).

Edited by DeadMetal89, 25 March 2015 - 05:30 AM.

#40 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 25 March 2015 - 04:56 AM

Okay, I accept the reason, but to be honest, they still could use a graphics pass to enhance this a bit? Give us a little something?

Besides, I really don't get the naming theme either. The Spear, Hammer, Scythe, Blade?

Make it at least something comparable to the Phoenix Badges or Founder's Badges. Those look nice even though simple. The clan stuff, I agree is too complex.

I don't like being House Compact Fluorescent Bulb (Purple) any more than House Ping Pong Paddle (Green), Hidden Illuminati (Blue) or Lava Lamp (Orange).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users