Inner Sphere Resistance Badges

93 replies to this topic

Poll: IS Resistance Badges (308 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you satisfied with the new Resistance collection badges?

1. No. They must match those on the Resistance collection page. (175 votes [56.82%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 56.82%

2. Voted Yes. I like the new badges. (56 votes [18.18%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

3. I don't care (77 votes [25.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 HammerMaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 25 March 2015 - 05:11 AM

Ok. I can see the furor here. The skull badges are neat. The new badges I like having the Hammer (Obviously) Even though they are MSPAINT. But....looking at the whole picture. The new ones have zero correlation to the Resistance page. Wrath is Wrath. Not Wrath is Blade. I also recall some clan picture debacle that PGI said "Which one do you want?". Recall that?

#42 Jetfire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 25 March 2015 - 05:17 AM

I really liked the originals and am not keen on the new ones... but honestly I don't care about them enough.

#43 Draal Kaan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 356 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 March 2015 - 05:18 AM

I understand the reason. But i don't understand that such things are evaluated or made public after release?

I don't like this Paint stuff. I want a flaming skull. *stomping on ground*

Edited by Draal Kaan, 25 March 2015 - 05:19 AM.

#44 Varhait

Archivarius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 9,698 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 09:01 AM

View PostDraal Kaan, on 25 March 2015 - 05:18 AM, said:

I don't like this Paint stuff. I want a flaming skull. *stomping on ground*

And warhorns with Manowar songs.

#45 Draal Kaan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 356 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 March 2015 - 01:42 PM

View PostVarhait, on 26 March 2015 - 09:01 AM, said:

And warhorns with Manowar songs.

Frankly spoken, i would prefer Slayer. :D
But great idea anyway.

#46 TurkeyMcCoolRay

• PipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 48 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon

Posted 27 March 2015 - 07:33 AM

What a strange change, ah well.

#47 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 27 March 2015 - 03:30 PM

I want to know why if wasn't evaluated before it became part of the advert, hell I was never going to change my founders badge, but whatever the excuse, the skulls should be what we get not some school boy attempt at technical drawing, the clan badges in game are hardly stellar either but as a forum badge they would look alot better than the rip off people were left with

#48 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 March 2015 - 04:14 PM

View PostTina Benoit, on 20 March 2015 - 01:13 PM, said:

Hey!

Basically the reason they were changed is due to the badges being so small in-game (16x16).
The skulls being the same color and similar shape were barely recognizable from one another in that size.
So therefore the change was made to better differentiate them!

How about something like this?

Posted Image

I've included the in game icon size, which is 16x16. These are quite easy to differentiate, as they are coloured to match each pack as it appears both on the order page and the "new" badges.

Edited by Tarogato, 28 March 2015 - 02:27 AM.

#49 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 27 March 2015 - 07:17 PM

Some of the battlejingles are growing on me.

They will never be warhorns.

#50 Varhait

Archivarius

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 9,698 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 02:14 AM

View PostTarogato, on 27 March 2015 - 04:14 PM, said:

Posted Image

I've included the in game icon size, which is 16x16. These are quite easy to differentiate.

Can i get 4th skull in silver please?

#51 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 29 March 2015 - 06:25 AM

Hey!

Basically the reason they were changed is due to the badges being so small in-game (16x16).
The skulls being the same color and similar shape were barely recognizable from one another in that size.

Understandable, but can I have the original badge in the Forums, at least?

View PostTarogato, on 27 March 2015 - 04:14 PM, said:

Posted Image

I've included the in game icon size, which is 16x16. These are quite easy to differentiate, as they are coloured to match each pack as it appears both on the order page and the "new" badges.

This, this, this and this!!!!

View Poststrikebrch, on 20 March 2015 - 03:00 PM, said:

...guess that means i'll have to stay with my "marshmallow on a stick" forum badge -_- .....still .....next time they better tell us beforehand.

The fight is not over yet, Bro!

Edited by Odanan, 29 March 2015 - 06:22 AM.

#52 SethAbercromby

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,308 posts
  • LocationNRW, Germany

Posted 29 March 2015 - 07:14 AM

View PostKjudoon, on 25 March 2015 - 04:56 AM, said:

I don't like being House Compact Fluorescent Bulb (Purple) any more than House Ping Pong Paddle (Green), Hidden Illuminati (Blue) or Lava Lamp (Orange).

That one made my day. Thanks mate.

PS: I don't really mind what the badges look like, I just loved that comment.

Edited by SethAbercromby, 29 March 2015 - 07:16 AM.

#53 Varhait

Archivarius

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 9,698 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 03:30 PM

View PostOdanan, on 29 March 2015 - 06:25 AM, said:

Understandable...

But not very believable.

Edited by Varhait, 29 March 2015 - 03:30 PM.

#54 Siej

• PipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 52 posts
  • LocationIn your base, drinking your coffee.

Posted 29 March 2015 - 11:16 PM

Okay, this is gonna sound stupid... but where do I even choose my forum badge and does resistance have an in-game badge? I can't seem to find this in my searches...

#55 Varhait

Archivarius

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 9,698 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 09:51 AM

View PostZhennZ, on 29 March 2015 - 11:16 PM, said:

Okay, this is gonna sound stupid... but where do I even choose my forum badge and does resistance have an in-game badge? I can't seem to find this in my searches...

In game. Home->Titles/Badges

#56 Ryoken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 744 posts
  • LocationEuropa, Terra

Posted 01 April 2015 - 03:11 AM

While I do understand PGIs concerns about visuability ingame I fully understand people beeing dissatisfied by not getting what was advertised and what they paid for.

So there should be better ways how to get the best of both worlds as some artists in this thread allready pointed out by adding colors to the skulls.

Or maybe only show the skull, a flash, a wing and a flame in the respective in game badges and give the original badges to the forum signatures?

#57 Ryoken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 744 posts
  • LocationEuropa, Terra

Posted 01 April 2015 - 03:23 AM

Hey!

Hello Tina,
as pointed out by many players I think the MWO art department could do better than this. If they are stressed out by actual work packages it is fully understandable that they focus on the present work. But PGI should reconsider giving those badges at least a review as soon as the appropriate department gets some free time on its hands.

In fact there are a lot of places where parts of the art department (Alexis Art is Awesome!) leave a lot of potential (bad camo&color-options, forced on decals, etc.) unused and gets players frustrated as they form the face of MWO but sometimes show little heartblood or understanding of the universe they are creating. You can look up the players base reaction when some artist just wanted to change the Clan Insignias! I mean it is the same as trying to change something fix as national insignias, or to speak in gundam terms, change the Neo Zion insignias for a tulip or something...

I do not want to sound mean and I apologize if my words are received in an offending matter. I do not know how much/few time they got to redo the badges. I just want to express that they hold a precious universe in their hands, a lot of players grew up with for decades. So it is not an easy task but study on Battletech lore and real life combat vehicle camouflage, insignia & inscriptions should help to get an idea.

Edited by Ryoken, 01 April 2015 - 07:20 AM.

#58 Creovex

• The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 1,466 posts
  • LocationLegendary Founder, Masakari Collector, Man-O-War Collector, Wrath Collector, Gladiator Collector, Mauler Collector

Posted 01 April 2015 - 09:59 AM

Since the Urbanmech is getting at least decent COLOR SCHEMES for its badges, can we get a REDO on the resistance badges? I mean lets be honest, they look like **** and the colors are appalling. I won't mount those until you either make a high def version for the forums (that doesn't suck) and a re-color as these badges are a total joke. Unsure why one badge isn't resistance red, resistance grey and so forth...

Overall, these badges suck.

#59 Burktross

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 01 April 2015 - 12:25 PM

Hey!

Why not keep the skull geometry and color them differently?

#60 Machinae Mortis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 10:03 AM

View PostMyke Pantera, on 24 March 2015 - 02:31 AM, said:

View PostMachinae Mortis, on 23 March 2015 - 11:26 PM, said:

Actually, I was pretty excited about trading the yellow flag in for a skull, but that's probably because I spent way too much time listening to metal in my youth.

2) Why did you stop doing it?

I never did, really. Though now I'll switch between metal and industrial. I'll listen to a lot of Front Line Assembly these days, but can always make room for some Overkill or Savatage.

View PostBurktross, on 01 April 2015 - 12:25 PM, said:

Why not keep the skull geometry and color them differently?

I actually favor the originals. If we swapped out colors I'd prefer it to be the secondary color (e.g. orange flame, black horns, white or light blue wings, yellow lightning).

Frankly, though, I just don't care that much about the distinction. In-game badges tell me two things:

1) If that player has been here a long time.
2) If that player supports the game or not.

To be clear, I'm relatively apathetic about the results of these categorizations, but this is the majority of the passing recognition I give any in-game badges when I'm looking over the scoreboard. I don't care enough to differentiate further. People pay within their means and I'm not going to think differently of them for having purchased an Uller collection instead of a Masakari collection.

I wouldn't care about the badges at all, but as said previously, they're pretty f****** metal. I'd use a skull over a flag in a second; even if that means no longer displaying my veteran status.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users