Inner Sphere Resistance Badges

93 replies to this topic

Poll: IS Resistance Badges (308 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you satisfied with the new Resistance collection badges?

1. No. They must match those on the Resistance collection page. (175 votes [56.82%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 56.82%

2. Voted Yes. I like the new badges. (56 votes [18.18%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

3. I don't care (77 votes [25.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Machinae Mortis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 12:00 AM

Posted Image

I'm no artist, but I thought I'd take a crack at it. This involved much painting pixel by pixel. At first I tried to color the flame, horns, wings, lightning, but decided the texturing was beyond my skills and it would probably be better to just color the bases. That turned out pretty well, but the slope of the V's at the bottom of the red and white need work.

Though that did preserve *somewhat* when sizing down to 16 x 16, I was trying far too hard to preserve respective scaling and form and found that to be crippling to the final product. I decided that instead of trying to preserve the bases in the tiny versions I'd just crop it and put them on colored backdrops.

I'm sure there are artists out there that can do better, but hopefully the intention of the idea is preserved well enough. :)

edit: Oh, the black box outlying each (even the black one) is an 18x18 box, so what's inside it is actually the 16x16 icon.

Edited by Machinae Mortis, 08 April 2015 - 12:41 PM.

#62 Twilight Fenrir

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 09:05 AM

View PostMyke Pantera, on 22 March 2015 - 01:09 PM, said:

Agree 100%

Luckily i won't switch away from my Storm icon ever. Like founders will never use anything but the founders icon.

Damn right I won't :P

I have no stake in this discussion, never bought the resistance pack, but I can DEFINITELY understand, and agree with the argument.

Ideally, the Resistance people should just get both badge sets, and let them choose between them. Regardless of how crappy it might look small, if that's what they want. Fix it, and be done with it.

#63 Hawk819

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,620 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 12 April 2015 - 08:39 PM

How do i go about changing my badge?

#64 Appuagab

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 319 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 05:19 AM

I like orange 8u++plug much more than HERP DERP EDGY SKULLS.

Edited by Appuagab, 13 April 2015 - 05:24 AM.

#65 Tina Benoit

Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 817 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 03:14 PM

Hello!

Good news, we're going to be releasing these old versions of the Resistance Badges, on top of letting you keep the new ones you currently have.

We don't have an exact ETA on this yet but we'll try to release them to eligible Resistance owners in the next patch.

#66 Varhait

Archivarius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 9,698 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 03:17 PM

View PostTina Benoit, on 13 April 2015 - 03:14 PM, said:

Hello!

Good news, we're going to be releasing these old versions of the Resistance Badges, on top of letting you keep the new ones you currently have.

We don't have an exact ETA on this yet but we'll try to release them to eligible Resistance owners in the next patch.

Awesome NEWS. Thanks Tina, really appreciate this(And will even more after adding them :D).

Edited by Varhait, 13 April 2015 - 03:28 PM.

#67 AThousandD

• PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 01:41 AM

I like the new badges. I want them.

I didn't care for the old ones and would be upset now if they were to replace those that we have now.

#68 Morgana

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 647 posts
  • LocationCleaning 10-year old dust out of Cockpit!

Posted 14 April 2015 - 04:25 AM

Nice! To be honest I never noticed these things in-game. Is it due to my being stuck with Low Level Detail Settings? But I sure can see a lot of these getting used in the forums.

Posted Image

#69 Ryoken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 744 posts
  • LocationEuropa, Terra

Posted 14 April 2015 - 02:23 PM

Hello!

Very happy to hear this. Thank you for passing through the concerns and very well done by PGI to now offer both variants.

View PostAThousandD, on 14 April 2015 - 01:41 AM, said:

I like the new badges. I want them.
I didn't care for the old ones and would be upset now if they were to replace those that we have now.

Dude, I do not know on which outworld planet of the proud Clan Purple Pigeon you strumble around but learn to read man. She explicitly stated those with bad taste... erm I mean different taste can keep the new ones on top!

#70 ArchMage Sparrowhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 722 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 09:10 PM

I was wondering about it, and maybe someone complained about the skulls and said it looked too much like death squad insignia, or maybe someone complained about the satanic angle.

I went for it because it looked Metal as **** and I paid for the skulls, not that thing that I pretty much refuse to use. I looked at it and laughed and went back to my old badge. I like the trashcan now though.

edit: oh, cool, we can hazz IRON METAL DEATH SKULLZZ

that plus my Steiner War horn will be perfect. Now we need decals.

and jump jets.

Edited by ArchMage Sparrowhawk, 14 April 2015 - 09:13 PM.

#71 Desintegrator

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 April 2015 - 09:31 AM

The badges from the sales page look fantastic !

That was one reason I bought the big resistance pack including Zeus (...I said one reason...).

Premium time and so on was also nice, but I would NOT bought the big package with these crappy new badges.

The Spear, The Sword - what the He.. !?

The other Badges look fantastic and have that Warhammer style. Great !

But I have learned from my mistake. Never buy a package again !

#72 Sereglach

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 05 May 2015 - 07:34 PM

Hello!

I realize you've announced that this IS happening, and there is no ETA on it. However, two patches have passed since this announcement and we do not have it, yet. Would it be possible to please have some sort of timetable, or explanation as to why it hasn't happened, yet?

Thank you, in advance.

EDIT: I am very much looking forward to my wonderful incendiary skull from the Fire tier of my package (eventually upgraded to the Fury/Grasshopper).

Edited by Sereglach, 05 May 2015 - 07:36 PM.

#73 Varhait

Archivarius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 9,698 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 03:55 PM

Hello!

So... two months and four patches have passed. Any news about situation? I'm asking because new packs are approaching and some interested people still in doubts. Can they trust you or you gonna change something in last moment, again? For example, forget about mechbays for ressistacne 2 or about premium time or maybe even about 4th variant?

#74 Aleski

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 873 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 22 May 2015 - 01:31 AM

Hello!

What's the news Tina?

Come on... Four little Pixel art of 16x16 isn't taking two month of work! I know you should be busy at PGI's office, but you can tell to a designer to work something like an afternoon for this stuff, hu? ;)

#75 Speedy Plysitkos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 24 May 2015 - 02:23 AM

i dont understand one thing.

if you look to all currntly badges, there are3 DIFFERENT styles of it.

1) Detailed, like founders
2) childish, like civil servant
3) medium, like mech inside it.

Now tell, why 3 levels ? each totaly different in design/detail ?

doesnt make sense.

#76 Tordin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,936 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 27 June 2015 - 02:54 PM

Yeah they should match the badges was shown, what we have now dosent make sense and feels a bit cheap.

#77 Sereglach

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 09 July 2015 - 08:35 PM

Hello!

Again asking, since we're almost to the three month mark of this announcement. When is this happening? It may seem like a little thing, but it's a little thing that some of us accounted for when making our purchases.

#78 Thumper3

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 281 posts
  • LocationTemplar Headquarters

Posted 14 July 2015 - 09:33 AM

Badges?

Oh dear god.......LOL

#79 Yellonet

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 29 July 2015 - 12:53 PM

View PostKilo 40, on 20 March 2015 - 04:38 PM, said:

lol!

Wayt, wut?! yo gets more than bedg in ristanse pak?!?!

#80 D34DMetal

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 134 posts
  • Locationin a Mad Cat duh...

Posted 29 July 2015 - 08:00 PM

Hello!

So where the hell are the new badges? Nothing came in the patches as you mentioned. How about stepping it up as a community manager and keeping the community informed?

Edited by DeadMetal89, 29 July 2015 - 08:04 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users