any good builds for them?

#2 XXXBunnyXXX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • 203 posts
  • LocationFar Far Away

Posted 20 March 2015 - 11:21 AM

View PostOzealot, on 20 March 2015 - 11:17 AM, said:

King Crab - use 4xUAC5, 3 backup ML, rest ammo + case(maybe), use std300 engine + 2 internal heatsinks and have a good laugh while using finally balanced IS tech.

Warhawk - sell it and buy an IS chassis.

like this http://mwo.smurfy-ne...c8cb829b6aa04ca

#3 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 20 March 2015 - 11:28 AM

Can't help with the Warhawk, but the King Crab I'd played around with. It's a good chassis.

Some of the builds I run:
MWO:Mechlab - KGC-000(L)
MWO:Mechlab - KGC-0000
MWO:Mechlab - KING CRAB KGC-000B (Not tested)
MWO:Mechlab - KGC-000B

Has a lot of flexibility to the chassis, able to do just about any given assault role.

#4 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 775 posts
  • LocationFields of the Nephilim

Posted 20 March 2015 - 11:32 AM

Warhawk - 4 LPLs - 5-6 kills in PUG matches no prob, I adore him.

#5 XXXBunnyXXX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • 203 posts
  • LocationFar Far Away

Posted 20 March 2015 - 11:35 AM

View PostExoForce, on 20 March 2015 - 11:32 AM, said:

its kinda sad that most assault classes are long range snipers ... they shuld just rename the assaults to support or super heavy targets

#6 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 20 March 2015 - 11:42 AM

View PostExoForce, on 20 March 2015 - 11:32 AM, said:

I've never dropped in a Clan mech, and don't plan to, but this sounds like the kind of build I'd run.

As for the KGC? Oh man, it's a beast. For the 000, you can either take advantage of those AC20 quirks (and with the range and cooldown modules, it just gets ridiculous) or go for the 4 UAC build - both are extremely nasty.

#7 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 20 March 2015 - 11:44 AM

My King Crab of choice, she just wrecks Dire Wolves, Timber Wolves and Storm Crows, when they stumble across me.

KGC-000(L)

My two Warhawk builds:

WHK-PRIME Lightning Vomit

Or:

WHK-PRIME Reach out and touch someone.

#8 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,593 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 20 March 2015 - 11:49 AM

A few. This is my Dakkacrab; if you're running out of ammo you can ditch CASE and just let the chips fall, but I'd recommend leaving the Medium Lasers and the engine alone - just practice fire discipline.

For an alternate, build, you could try a BrawlerCrab, and of course there's always the BlasterCrab to fill out your variants.

#9 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 01:20 PM

View PostXXXBunnyXXX, on 20 March 2015 - 11:35 AM, said:

its kinda sad that most assault classes are long range snipers ... they shuld just rename the assaults to support or super heavy targets

Yeah, really...and it really bugs me in thisgame...its why I dont play it nearly as much as I would like. I just cant get my head around how assaults are the ones who should fear lights......how the game is PPFLD lolpha everything and not at all mechwarriorish where heat actually plays a part in the game for more then keeping heat below 100%.

And the Warhawk, its sad that it only has a small number of meta viable buiilds....meta...another word I really hate...right alongside nerf...

#10 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 21 March 2015 - 05:32 AM

View PostOzealot, on 20 March 2015 - 01:17 PM, said:

How can you kill a god? In an IS mech? Screenshot or it didn't happen.

Kill like a god? No, but I have sent two Storm Crows running that happened down my trech in CW. Timbers don't like eating over 40 points to one location, twist, shoot again, twist, shoot and they are usually dead... Timbers have big CT's, and long burn time lasers. Dire Wolves often lack the PPFLD of the King Crab. That being said, I wouldn't try to do a 2v1 against anything bigger than 60t in clan line up, but 1v1 sure.

#11 SethAbercromby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,308 posts
  • LocationNRW, Germany

Posted 21 March 2015 - 06:09 AM

For the King Crab, I've been running 2xAC5 + 2xLB10X. It's an interesting mixed range brawler that can deal a lot of damage at close range. The AC5 are useful for both brawling and for softening up targets at range while the LBs can chew off a lot of armor, albeit spreading it's damage a little.

With the Warhawk, the big selling point of it is its speed. If you don't plan to use it (for example with pure sniper builds), the Dire Wolf will almost always be the better option. This is an untested build I cooked up some while ago that tries to take advantage of its speed but is also capable of keeping its distance as needed.

#12 stalima

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 227 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 21 March 2015 - 04:54 PM

The single best warhawk build that ive found is:

3x LRM15 + Artemis and 1440 missiles
5x Medium Pulse Laser
Clan active Probe

A lethal 85 damage alphastrike at 180-360 range or so, generally sits near the back to begin with raining missiles down then swoops in with those pulse lasers to mop up anything left standing when the ammo starts to get below 50%

The 5 medium Pulse Lasers grant you 40 damage overall while 4 Large pulse would only give you 52. However the Medium pulse lasers allow you to equip another 45 damage worth of LRMs bringing your 180-360 alpha strike to 85 damage with only one LRM 15 worth of Ghost Heat. You can also remove 2 tons of ammo to add another pair of heat sinks if you want to focus more on getting closer and pulsing (this will use every single slot in the mech to do).

#13 Doman Hugin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 197 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 05:07 AM

A nice simple and effective build

LA - AC20 - weapon group 1
RA - AC20 - weapon group 2
RT - 2x LPL - weapon group 3
STD 300 engine
Ammo, DHS's & and armour can be played with to suit.

All the variants can run this.

And most mechs back off when i start firing which is always fun.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users