• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • 203 posts
  • LocationFar Far Away

Posted 21 March 2015 - 01:48 AM

they are the worst class

they are strong... bullshit
they can mount better of weapons than other classes ... bullshit

in a higher elo no1 plays them you just get left behind if you try to play them ...i wish i was in a lower elo becouse playing assaults is just stupid atm

Edited by XXXBunnyXXX, 21 March 2015 - 01:51 AM.

#2 kapusta11

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 01:54 AM

0/10 OP.

#3 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 21 March 2015 - 01:55 AM

You haven't played this game very long. If you keep playing, you will change your opinion as you learn more about how the game works.

Good luck.

#4 XXXBunnyXXX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • 203 posts
  • LocationFar Far Away

Posted 21 March 2015 - 01:59 AM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 21 March 2015 - 01:55 AM, said:

You haven't played this game very long. If you keep playing, you will change your opinion as you learn more about how the game works.

Good luck.

i have multiple accounts and i started playing in 2013 i think

#5 XX Sulla XX

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 02:05 AM

i have multiple accounts and i started playing in 2013 i think

Then you should have a more balanced view.

Some assaults are not good. But that is true for every class. But the right assault with the right build with a good pilot can carry / dominate games. This is true in every part of the game. For example in solo Gman has 5 assaults listed on the short list of mechs that can carry a game. http://metamechs.com...ists/solo-list/

Edited by XX Sulla XX, 21 March 2015 - 02:06 AM.

#6 XXXBunnyXXX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • 203 posts
  • LocationFar Far Away

Posted 21 March 2015 - 02:10 AM

View PostXX Sulla XX, on 21 March 2015 - 02:05 AM, said:

Then you should have a more balanced view.

Some assaults are not good. But that is true for every class. But the right assault with the right build with a good pilot can carry / dominate games. This is true in every part of the game. For example in solo Gman has 5 assaults listed on the short list of mechs that can carry a game. http://metamechs.com...ists/solo-list/

assault class is only good when ur team is good... but when they leave u ... ur just useless

#7 Kiiyor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 21 March 2015 - 02:16 AM

I actually think they are less durable than fast heavies and lights, as they twist poorly to soak damage, and move slowly enough that it is relatively easy to knock off the bits you actually want to knock off. The only thing that makes them survivable is their weapons. Their armour is increased dramatically in a narrow cone in front of them because nothing wants to stand under their guns.

I think they are mostly balanced, except perhaps the Dire. I think heavies are in a better place than assaults. They (assaults) aren't the end game be all and end all that they have been in every previous title.

#8 XX Sulla XX

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 02:16 AM

assault class is only good when ur team is good... but when they leave u ... ur just useless
Bunny its just not true at least for top players. Sure they will not win every single game but they can more often than not carry the team. And about half the mechs of choice for doing this are assaults. So its not an assault problem. If you cant do it in one of the right builds for it then its a skill problem. Is it easy no but it should not be easy now should it :)

Here is the thing assaults are MUCH MUCH less forgiving to pilot but also more rewarding for a top pilot. If you go to the wrong place or go push at the wrong time you will not be able to recover most of the time. If you need to keep range and stay with your team you have to watch them and plan in advance to be able to be in position. They are just harder to play than a fast mech. Not worse just harder.

Edited by XX Sulla XX, 21 March 2015 - 02:19 AM.

#9 XXXBunnyXXX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • 203 posts
  • LocationFar Far Away

Posted 21 March 2015 - 02:19 AM

View PostXX Sulla XX, on 21 March 2015 - 02:16 AM, said:

Bunny its just not true at least for top players. Sure they will not win every single game but they can more often than not carry the team. And about half the mechs of choice for doing this are assaults. So its not an assault problem. If you cant do it in one of the right builds for it then its a skill problem. Is it easy no but it should not be easy now should it :)

this "top" players of yours have friends to support them... i have lights/mediums that leave me and use me as bait

#10 Jackofallpots

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 219 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 02:25 AM

I've actually be running into a lot of matches where the team immediately links up with the Assaults or an ECM mech will seek them out to provide protection and just hang out next to them

#11 XXXBunnyXXX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • 203 posts
  • LocationFar Far Away

Posted 21 March 2015 - 02:29 AM

[ERROR]

Edited by XXXBunnyXXX, 21 March 2015 - 02:29 AM.

#12 XX Sulla XX

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 02:31 AM

this "top" players of yours have friends to support them... i have lights/mediums that leave me and use me as bait
No because I have been talking about "Solo Queue". They get the same kinda groups as you do. Many times they get worse groups than you because of higher ELO assuming they can carry the team.

#13 Hit the Deck

• 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 21 March 2015 - 03:17 AM

View PostXXXBunnyXXX, on 21 March 2015 - 01:48 AM, said:

in a higher elo no1 plays them you just get left behind if you try to play them ...i wish i was in a lower elo becouse playing assaults is just stupid atm

You imply that you are in higher ELO where everyone leaves their Assaults behind. But higher ELO players can reach their place because they win more instead of losing, so it doesn't make sense that this kind of bad teamplay happens. Are you sure that you're in higher ELO? :huh:

#14 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 21 March 2015 - 03:25 AM

View PostXXXBunnyXXX, on 21 March 2015 - 02:10 AM, said:

Then you are not grouping up with the other Assaults. 3-4 Assaults sticking together make fairly short work of what ever tries to harrass them.

#15 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 21 March 2015 - 03:32 AM

Yep assaults are hardest class to pilot by a long shot just because they are slow and large targets. Although they can be great in the right situation, they dont get a chance to choose their situations as easily as lights.

It gets easier after speed tweak, that little bit of extra speed makes a huge difference.

Oh and its nothing personal 90% of the time when groups run off they are just charging ahead to get a good position for themsevles. The other 10% is a bunch of trolls trolling anyone they can. :) Its worse in the early hours NA when there are not as many regular players to dillute their trollishness. lol

Edited by Johnny Z, 21 March 2015 - 03:37 AM.

#16 ThrashInc

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 248 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 03:37 AM

View PostHit the Deck, on 21 March 2015 - 03:17 AM, said:

You imply that you are in higher ELO where everyone leaves their Assaults behind. But higher ELO players can reach their place because they win more instead of losing, so it doesn't make sense that this kind of bad teamplay happens. Are you sure that you're in higher ELO? :huh:

Elo has nothing to do with teammate ability/skill.

#17 XXXBunnyXXX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • 203 posts
  • LocationFar Far Away

Posted 21 March 2015 - 03:37 AM

View PostJohnny Z, on 21 March 2015 - 03:32 AM, said:

Yep assaults are hardest class to pilot by a long shot just because they are slow and large targets. Although they can be great in the right situation, they dont get a chance to choose their situations as easily as lights.

It gets easier after speed tweak, that little bit of extra speed makes a huge difference.

Oh and its nothing personal 90% of the time when groups run off they are just charging ahead to get a good position for themsevles. The other 10% is a bunch of trolls trolling anyone they can. :) Its worse in the early hours NA when there are not many regular players to dillute their trollishness. lol

yea... but of that 90% only 1% go back to help u

anyway i started playing my BJ-1x and im back to making 500-600 dmg

Edited by XXXBunnyXXX, 21 March 2015 - 03:38 AM.

#18 Hit the Deck

• 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 21 March 2015 - 04:05 AM

View PostThrashInc, on 21 March 2015 - 03:37 AM, said:

Elo has nothing to do with teammate ability/skill.

Since there can't be a gap so big between you and the rest of your teammates, in higher ELO bracket a better teamplay should be expected. Unless if you think that everyone increases their ELO solely by their shooting skill.

#19 ThrashInc

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 248 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 04:24 AM

There can be a gap "so big". If the MM can't find players near your Elo, it starts expanding to the point that at off peak hours you could be top tier quickscoepz and be playing with people barely considered alive.

#20 Dirkdaring

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 685 posts
  • LocationTwycross

Posted 21 March 2015 - 05:05 AM

This has to be a troll...

I have 1 Dire Wolf, it has basics done...

Posted Image

Edited by Dirkdaring, 21 March 2015 - 05:07 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users