19 replies to this topic

#1 starwolf1991

• PipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 51 posts
  • LocationNo Data Available

Posted 21 March 2015 - 03:06 AM

To the successor states participating in the Star League Defense Force. In cooperation with diplomatic representatives from the varying states and as the Free Rasalhague Republic's primary representative on the Allting Council to the Star League itself, I would like to issue the following advisement.

Due to the recent string of short-notice and political developments within the different member states, the fourth Star League meeting which was scheduled for the 21/03/15 and due to be hosted by the Federated Suns will not be proceeding as planned. Having met with several representatives from the Lyran Commonwealth, Free Worlds League and Federated Suns, it has been agreed it is not possible to organize and conduct a meeting based on the present circumstances on all sides. Therefore, pursuant to the need for our nations to reassess and reorganize our affairs, the next Star League meeting is to be postponed for the time being.

Star League representatives will need to reconvene at a later date once affairs from our nations start falling into peaceful order. It is my hope things will be back on track and meetings ready to be resumed on what would be the next ideal scheduled date; the 04/04/15, two weeks from this date. Many apologies for the inconvenience this may cause and appreciation in advance for your understanding at this point of time.

Edited by starwolf1991, 21 March 2015 - 05:57 AM.

#2 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 21 March 2015 - 03:11 AM

View Poststarwolf1991, on 21 March 2015 - 03:06 AM, said:

... the next Star League meeting is being postponed for the time being...

Given the history of MWO in general, and the development of Community Warfare in particular, your postponement is rather ironic ;)

Edited by Appogee, 21 March 2015 - 03:11 AM.

#3 starwolf1991

• PipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 51 posts
  • LocationNo Data Available

Posted 21 March 2015 - 03:23 AM

I can assure you no irony was intended. This is just a general notice being issued as is only fair in regards to the outlined matters when required. Better for the participating states to be informed than left in the dark.

#4 YCSLiesmith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 05:35 AM

Star League meeting postponed until OP can find anyone who believes that there is or should be a star league

#5 Shimmering Sword

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 221 posts
  • LocationPortland Oregon

Posted 21 March 2015 - 04:04 PM

Turmoil sounds like exactly the time that we should be having a meeting, not the time to postpone it. I intend to gather whoever I can for a chat today at 9pm EST, it can be done in a more casual form if need be.
I'm lurking in multiple Faction TS, but I say we have the meeting on NGNG in the ACES channels , take it as the mercs turn to host. Please attend if you can.

TS info:
voip01.n1585.hypernia.net:9992
pw: mechwarrior

Edited by Shimmering Sword, 21 March 2015 - 04:47 PM.

#6 Shimmering Sword

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 221 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 06:31 PM

Good meet, thanks for showing up guys.
As the OP says, the next meeting will be in 2 weeks on the 4th.

#7 Texas Merc

• The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 10:46 PM

Instead of talking about fighting the clans, why don't you just you know go fight the clans?

#8 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 March 2015 - 10:51 PM

View PostTexas Merc, on 21 March 2015 - 10:46 PM, said:

Instead of talking about fighting the clans, why don't you just you know go fight the clans?

Because for some people the roleplay aspect of organising politics is a way of playing the game and achieving a higher level of enjoyment. =P

#9 Tasker

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 06:48 AM

View PostTexas Merc, on 21 March 2015 - 10:46 PM, said:

Some people are bad at shooting mechs. Can't ghost drop clan worlds. Ha ha.

Edited by Tasker, 23 March 2015 - 01:18 PM.

#10 Czarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 414 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 04:47 PM

View PostYCSLiesmith, on 21 March 2015 - 05:35 AM, said:

Star League meeting postponed until OP can find anyone who believes that there is or should be a star league

i hope no house liao units are involved with this "star league" nonsense, we in the Capellan Confederation have no reason to fight the clans

Edited by Czarr, 23 March 2015 - 04:47 PM.

#11 Shimmering Sword

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 221 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 10:35 PM

Northern factions have it pretty simple. The clans are knocking on your door, you fight them. For the southern factions it's a little more complicated, especially when you're often going north to defend a faction you've previously been at war with.

Marik, Liao, and Davion all have many units that want nothing to do with fighting the clans. The purpose of the SL is to improve communication between those units that DO want to fight clanners. No, it's not hard to click "attack" in client, but too many people have a "you go first" mentality.

For all the anti SL trash talking that goes on. Defense against the clans has been consistently up since the day the SL started. Just one piece of the puzzle.

#12 DarkExar

• PipPipPip
  • Star Colonel
  • 77 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 24 March 2015 - 06:33 PM

"One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them"
;)

#13 StUffz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 485 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 11:10 PM

View PostShimmering Sword, on 23 March 2015 - 10:35 PM, said:

Northern factions have it pretty simple. The clans are knocking on your door, you fight them. For the southern factions it's a little more complicated, especially when you're often going north to defend a faction you've previously been at war with.

Marik, Liao, and Davion all have many units that want nothing to do with fighting the clans. The purpose of the SL is to improve communication between those units that DO want to fight clanners. No, it's not hard to click "attack" in client, but too many people have a "you go first" mentality.

For all the anti SL trash talking that goes on. Defense against the clans has been consistently up since the day the SL started. Just one piece of the puzzle.

Reading this from a faction that currently knocks at the southern Steiner border is like a slap in the face...

#14 mp00

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • 319 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationIn a bottle, Canada

Posted 26 March 2015 - 04:26 PM

Considering the border was relatively quiet with occasional planetary exchanges until your own unit attacked multiple days taking multiple planets. Even at that time we were still sending units up to fight CJF defending Steiner worlds.. and still are.

#15 PerfectDuck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 328 posts
  • LocationLenexa, KS

Posted 28 March 2015 - 06:57 AM

Marik owes the rest of the inner sphere like 70 planets then defends vs the clans and wants medal for being hero

#16 Chef Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 908 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 04:59 AM

View Postmp00, on 26 March 2015 - 04:26 PM, said:

Considering the border was relatively quiet with occasional planetary exchanges until your own unit attacked multiple days taking multiple planets. Even at that time we were still sending units up to fight CJF defending Steiner worlds.. and still are.

"Uhh we didn't start taking your planets again until you started taking them back, and also we were watching your back while punching you in the mouth"

#17 Shimmering Sword

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 221 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:58 PM

He's right though Chef. Steiner did spend several consecutive days of offense against Marik, which is understandable when Steiner was maxing out their clan borders and needed somewhere to go. Marik has every right to hit back, and SL goals say nothing about prohibiting border skirmishes.

View PostStUffz, on 25 March 2015 - 11:10 PM, said:

Reading this from a faction that currently knocks at the southern Steiner border is like a slap in the face...

Remember I'm a Coalition merc, not Marik. Steiner and Marik can skirmish all they want, have fun with it, this is a game. I think one day I defended a Marik planet from Steiner attack for a few matches, past that we spent our entire stay in Marik taking planets from Kurita (something I asked NS and NKVA permission to do) in order to get Marik close to Terra again.

#18 Drakaan

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 12:39 AM

View Postmp00, on 26 March 2015 - 04:26 PM, said:

View PostShimmering Sword, on 30 March 2015 - 11:58 PM, said:

He's right though Chef. Steiner did spend several consecutive days of offense against Marik, which is understandable when Steiner was maxing out their clan borders and needed somewhere to go. Marik has every right to hit back, and SL goals say nothing about prohibiting border skirmishes.

Ah.... well. Marik took several worlds from Steiner one at a time. Then they attacked Skye which triggered a lot of units to stop just looking at the situation and actively doing something against it. They defended Skye and took Zebebelgenubi (best name ever btw). It became quiet again after that for some days. Then Marik attacked Zebebelgenubi again. And that was the time units reacted again. It had nothing to do with maxed out planetary attacks on the Clans. Now it's a mutual back-and-foth in a way, meaning that Marik too is continually attacking and taking Steiner planets. Because we had to defend the Marik border we were repeatedly hindered in taking Clan planets. At least that is my perception of what has happened.

In my point of view, it would be great if the fighting at our southern border would cease. It actively prevented the taking of Clan planets continously. And we should just stop the blaming game (even if my first paragraph could be considered a blame, it is not meant to be. just a description of a perception). It doesn't matter who attacked first, we just should stop right now and focus again on the Clans.

But remember: I'm no official. This is just my opinion. Just an ordinary mechjockey.

#19 Shimmering Sword

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 221 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 01:41 AM

My advice is the best way to cool down a border is to switch onto the defense, rather than go for limited counter attacks. It's hard for the opposing side to tell if your attack is just "we want back that one you just took" or "this is war". After a few days of your opponent only seeing you defend, they'll often stop too.
However that also requires players that don't hold grudges, and are willing to let planets go rather than constant "you owe us those back". People like that are in short supply in CW.
Actually talking to your opposition leadership is critical too. I'm not sure who the biggest heads are in Steiner, but mp00 and Stingr4y hold a lot of sway in Marik. Davion and Kurita also have easy to track down leadership.

Marik has its own problem though: It has had a ceasefire with Liao since day one, it's part of the SL with Davion and Steiner, and if it attacks Kurita they'll get stomped. Many Marik players want a local fight, but none of their local options are clear cut good ones. Steiner at current just happens to be the best balance of attributes to fight against.

#20 Drakaan

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 02:02 AM

View PostShimmering Sword, on 31 March 2015 - 01:41 AM, said:

My advice is the best way to cool down a border is to switch onto the defense, rather than go for limited counter attacks. It's hard for the opposing side to tell if your attack is just "we want back that one you just took" or "this is war". After a few days of your opponent only seeing you defend, they'll often stop too.
However that also requires players that don't hold grudges, and are willing to let planets go rather than constant "you owe us those back". People like that are in short supply in CW.

Actually (and again that is only my perception) Steiner didn't defend at all for a long time. So they just ghostdropped a lot of planets. Then Steiner resorted to defend with small numbers. So they took to rushing a lot. Then they took Skye. And that was when the **** hit the fan...

Personnaly I spoke against fighting Marik for a long time in our unit. But somehow sometime it made sense even for me to try to stop the bleeding. I don't think anyone in our unit holds a grudge against Marik. It's more like the urgent feeling that the line is reached where we don't want to go back any further. I would feel far more comfortable fighting against the Clans.

Don't know exactly about leadership of different Houses. As I told ya, just an ordinary mechjockey. But perhaps there can be a solution for the situation at the meeting. Hope so at least. Perhaps something like don't attacking northern nSL-members. Just a proposal...

Edited by Drakaan, 31 March 2015 - 03:39 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users