Another Bunch Of Ideas. Cw-Related

No replies to this topic

#1 Col Skaza

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 05:48 AM

One of the biggest advantages of IS over Clans in Thy Lore, was Clan doctrine. While IS fought on total warfare level (so: everything goes, as long as enemy dies. There is Ares convention though... but thats irrelevant atm), Clans fought type of warfare thats called "ceremonial warfare". So both sides of clan vs clan conflict agreed to set of rules, and they followed it. When Clans attacked IS Zellbringen bite them in their back side more than once.
Adding Zellbringen will do more to Clan vs IS balance that all drop-weight adjusments. But the thing is: How to add Zellbringen, without breaking the game?
Here. I have some ideas about that:

1. First, and one I have most hope about:
Reward clanners for not bringing full tonnage.
Right now, when Im building CW dropdeck, I do whatever it takes to fill up tonnage, I imagine clanners do the same. They should not. Idea of batchall was to defeat enemy force with smallest force possible. But right now, not bringing full 240 tons of clantech is counterproductive. How about give clan unit LP and Cbills bonus for NOT taking 240 tons?
Lets say clan 12-men brings into battle not 2880 tons, but, say, 2400 tons, each pilot takes 200 tons worth of mechs. Each pilot that is below weight, gets % bonus equal (or proportional) to tonnage missing, so in this example, let it be 40% LP and Cbills bonus per player. In addition, whole team gets bonus for being underweight by 40%.
Well, ok, 80% bonus total is a bit big. Lets make it half tonnage missing in %. So 20% for each player, 20% for team being underweight. And lets set maximum bonus to 50% (for 100 tons per player/1200 tons per 12 men missing).

2. This will require more work, and more reward-wise balancing (and its much less likely to happen):
Reward for not bringing full numbers. This should work for both IS and Clan. So, if You want to drop in 10-men, You drop with 10 men. I think 8 should be lower limit of what You bring into a battle, and reward should be similar to one described above: 5% for 10 tonnes missing.

3. Zellbringen option (this one is the most Lore-wise correct, but somehow I dont feel it like happening)
So in game settings You can enable Zellbringen reward system. How does it work?
- Kill without Kill most Damage: Killsteal: I would go as far as impose penalty for that.
- Assist without KMD: Zellbringen violation: no reward for assist.
- Spotting assist: Dishonorable assist: no reward.
- Kill while using spotting assist: Dishonorable kill: no reward for kill. (as for this one, it would be just better to make clan-lrms lore-wise correct, so no indirect fire, no minimum range)
- Kill with strike: Dishonorable kill: no reward for kill
- Kill with KMD: increased reward for the kill, lets call it "Path of the clans".
- Kill with KMD and Solo kill: further increased reward for the kill, lets call it "Way of the clans".

As for the last proposition, I see how its most controversial, and I already see clanners whining about this proposal. Idea is to let players that want to, force Zellbringen-induced tactics on themselves. Thats why I said: ENABLE IN GAME SETTINGS. And I repeated it again, so I wont get too much flak about it :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users