7 replies to this topic

#1 Tam Wolfcry

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 77 posts
  • LocationPortland

Posted 21 March 2015 - 01:25 PM

How freaking long is PGI going to ignore ECM in PUG matchups? It is absolutely the most game effecting piece of wargear in the whole MWO universe, but you still don't give a rat's ass when determining matchups. I simply don't get it.

I just got out of another game where the other side had one third of their team carrying ECM. My team did not. How the hell do you call that balanced matching???

How much longer does this game have to go on before you take that into account? Stop being lazy, and factor it in.

#2 Night Thastus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 825 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 05:34 PM

Whine more why dont you?
Sure, matches would be more balanced if ECM was taken into account. However, it would take about 10x as long to find a match. Matchmaker would sit there for hours looking for a f*cking pug drop.

So no, it's not fixable. Wish it was, it isn't.

#3 Telmasa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 07:37 PM

While I agree with the idea that ECM should be considered a priority by the matchmaker (as in try to spread it evenly between both teams), your post is worded too aggressively.

I disagree with Night Thastus, I see no reason that ECM considerations would terribly lengthen matchmaking times - you'd simply be swapping light for a light, heavy for a heavy, assault for assault or (if it happens) medium for a medium.

Like this: imagine the mechs tabulated in 2 columns side by side, 12 per side, sorted by weight from heaviest to lightest - and make it so you could flip-flop one row at a time if you chose, according to the sum total of ECM-capable mechs, in order to try and get as close as possible (with say, an error margin of 1) to the same number of ECM mechs per side.

You might rarely still get matches with 1 ECM mech on one side and none on the other, but I don't think it's such a big deal in that case as BAP is usually widespread enough that one lone ECM won't tip the balance too far in one side's favor.

Edited by Telmasa, 21 March 2015 - 07:37 PM.

#4 Tam Wolfcry

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 77 posts
  • LocationPortland

Posted 27 March 2015 - 06:04 AM

This isn't whining, its exhaustion. I've been supporting and playing this game since it launched. They have seen for years the impact of ECM on the meta and yet they still don't factor it in. Team matches are one thing, but pug drops should have near equal sides in terms of ECM. I have never even seen PGI address it once. I have plenty of reason to be upset and tired of this lack of action on their part.

#5 Adamski

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,071 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 March 2015 - 12:38 PM

Just nerf the stupid jesus box ECM and then they don't need to recode the matchmaker.

#6 destroika

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 03:20 PM

I've made a few of these posts myself to no avail. I even tried to help brainstorm proper balancing of ECM outside of match maker. Typically, these forums are just here for us to vent and rant with occasional policing by moderators that do nothing more than enforce the code of conduct. No matter how aggressive or polite your post is, or how effective, yet practical your idea is that could change the whole game around massively for the better, all the same, it sinks into the void of rejection by default.

I used to primary the catapult-K2, now I primary the Cicada-3M. Even switching out to my hellbringer or raven, there is simply a HUGE difference in being in an ECM mech. Generally, it is easier and you get to be more effective, therefore, funner. I'll still goof around on my K2, or get in a stalker, or hunchback, but my fall back are my ECM mechs when the heat gets turned up, mainly when LRMs start getting ridiculous. It's all I can suggest to you for now.

This is a unique game trying to hang on in the aftermath of poor management from the old company. PGI is small and recently-ish got full control so the changes are slow. Very slow. Eyebrow-raisingly slow. But there is a flicker of hope that I'm holding on to and I don't know how long I will hold on to it. One day, I'll just not feel like playing this game and that one day will turn into weeks, months, and without realizing it, I'll have quit completely. Could be tomorrow, could be a year from now. But the sooner PGI gets a grip, the better.

#7 Idealsuspect

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 05:40 PM

View PostAdamski, on 27 March 2015 - 12:38 PM, said:

Just nerf the stupid jesus box ECM and then they don't need to recode the matchmaker.

Matchmaker need a total recoding ... ecm nerf or not that's all.

#8 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 06:59 PM

Try using the new Feedback email.
Eventually, your topic will get posts from the excusers.
It is not just PUG matches, it has an effect on CW pushing calls for more ECM Mechs.
Imagine what this game would be if some got their request to allow all to use ECM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users