- - - - -

What Does The Efficiency Multiplier Actually Do?

7 replies to this topic

#1 Bubblewhip

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 03:41 PM

I'm skilling out my mech trees and I don't understand the "x2 multiplier to all basic tier efficiencies."

I'm having a hard time understanding what this means? Does this mean "Cool run" runs at 15% rather than 7.5%?

#2 Tylerchu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 253 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 22 March 2015 - 03:49 PM

yes
To clarify, unlocking all four of the elite-tier efficiencies is what gives you the 2x boost to the basic efficiencies. Only the basic ones.

Edited by Tylerchu, 22 March 2015 - 03:50 PM.

#3 Molossian Dog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 04:34 PM

Practically "encourages" or rather neccessitates you to buy three variants of the same Mech.
You don´t have to keep all of them once you unlocked elite and master efficiencies

"But I got only 4 Mechbays"
Say hello to the the paywall.

Of course it is not a hard wall with some events giving Mech Bays and Loyality Points from CW offering more Mech Bays. But the first one is ... rare ... the second one requires lots of grinding. And I mean lots. And CW will require you to bring 4 leveled Mechs at least if you don´t want to be carried by the team all the fricking time.

Or you can just create a new account each and every time.
If that is more convenient for you.

Edited by Molossian Dog, 22 March 2015 - 04:39 PM.

#4 Bubblewhip

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 05:10 PM

Thanks

#5 SCHLIMMER BESTIMMER XXX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 879 posts
  • LocationNiemalsland

Posted 24 May 2016 - 02:52 PM

View PostMolossian Dog, on 22 March 2015 - 04:34 PM, said:

Practically "encourages" or rather neccessitates you to buy three variants of the same Mech.
You don´t have to keep all of them once you unlocked elite and master efficiencies

"But I got only 4 Mechbays"
Say hello to the the paywall.

Of course it is not a hard wall with some events giving Mech Bays and Loyality Points from CW offering more Mech Bays. But the first one is ... rare ... the second one requires lots of grinding. And I mean lots. And CW will require you to bring 4 leveled Mechs at least if you don´t want to be carried by the team all the fricking time.

Or you can just create a new account each and every time.
If that is more convenient for you.

have 100 accounts to collect all mechs in game
really dude, didnt figured out that sollution all the time i am playing Posted Image
damn, spend 80 bucks allready c(@_@)

Edited by shr84, 24 May 2016 - 02:53 PM.

#6 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 03:16 PM

View PostBubblewhip, on 22 March 2015 - 03:41 PM, said:

I'm skilling out my mech trees and I don't understand the "x2 multiplier to all basic tier efficiencies."

I'm having a hard time understanding what this means? Does this mean "Cool run" runs at 15% rather than 7.5%?

Exactly.

#7 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 03:38 PM

I recently learned what a difference it makes as I leveled my three Kit Foxes up. Big improvement.

I'm now working on my 3 Stormcrows(I so wish I had went with the Shadow Cat instead to have ECM). All my Mechs (a huge 11 in all) except the Kodiaks are Omnimechs so I only plan to keep one out of the three. I will strip the chassis and keep all of the Omnipods,

#8 SnagaDance

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 25 May 2016 - 02:01 AM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 24 May 2016 - 03:38 PM, said:

All my Mechs (a huge 11 in all) except the Kodiaks are Omnimechs so I only plan to keep one out of the three. I will strip the chassis and keep all of the Omnipods,

You might want to keep some more of certain chassis if you plan on doing any CW (in the future), Mediums and Heavies especially as you'll often use multiples of these to make up a dropdeck. For example, I usually run 3 Stormcrows + 1 Timberwolf when doing Clan CW, though I've also done 2 Timberwolf + 1 Stormcrow + 1 Arctic Cheetah.

That central torso (chassis) pod is the most expensive one as it contains the locked engine (for value purposes), think carefully before you sell one.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users