• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,009 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationHomeless, in the streets of Solaris 7

Posted 23 March 2015 - 10:15 AM

...huh.

So I came back to MWO (after a long pilgrimage into Elite Dangerous) and played a bit of CW. Took me full 10 minutes to figure out how exactly the interface works, then signed a 28-day contract with Liao (because I'm Chinese) but it turns out to be not the best idea since there just aren't much happening at Liao's border. Only managed to get into two matches, first one we got completely steamrolled, second one there was this European dude (judging from his accent), who clearly knew what he was doing, constantly talked through VOIP during the intense 25-minutes stalemate, and under his command we finally managed to destroy their base during the last 5 minutes. It was pretty damn cool, even though I could see it get frustrating without proper management during match.

So yeah, before I though I'm almost completely burnt off on MWO, and even despite I don't give a fly on the power struggle itself, the game mode itself is really cool and I guess I'm coming back to MWO once more. Good job PGI :)

Edited by Helmstif, 23 March 2015 - 10:16 AM.

#2 Anjian

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 11:59 AM

Liao gets a lot of Russian players, and just like in the lore where they also have a lot of mechwarriors with Russian ancestry. You probably get more matches during the prime time of the European continent, especially around the evening time of Russia. Despite lacking players, CW Liao has well exceeded the performance of its lore counterpart, conquering much more territory than in lore, that it is almost in its Dark Age size rather than 3050. All this of course comes at the expense of Davion.

#3 Hex Pallett

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,009 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationHomeless, in the streets of Solaris 7

Posted 23 March 2015 - 01:06 PM

View PostAnjian, on 23 March 2015 - 11:59 AM, said:

Liao gets a lot of Russian players, and just like in the lore where they also have a lot of mechwarriors with Russian ancestry. You probably get more matches during the prime time of the European continent, especially around the evening time of Russia.

So...that means weekend mornings for me. Thx for the tip.

#4 Anjian

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 11:45 PM

I tried playing Liao for a while, went back to JF after a few days. I only set a week loyalty. I might try again to join Liao another time since I might want to experiment using IS mechs in CW matches. I didn't get that much action in Liao unless I play Clan vs. IS, which has a way of coming out bad for IS. But the few matches I was able to drop against Davion we won mostly, using Thunderbolts and all. In Clans like JF I got a better range of time. First there are a lot of Russian and Eastern European players in the Clans and many of them are very good. The Clan lore attracts many Russian players for obvious reasons (the real Alexander Kerensky was a Russian politician), the Bears (another strong Russian symbol), the Wolves and the Falcons, and addition to those going to Liao. From the European time zone, you then hit the American time zone, where the US and Canadian players chime in, where there is plenty to feed all factions.

Edited by Anjian, 23 March 2015 - 11:49 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users