31 replies to this topic

#21 DoomEngine

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 123 posts
  • Locationsomewhere on Old Kentucky

Posted 27 March 2015 - 10:03 PM

Metal Militia has won the internets.... :)

#22 Timicon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 12:11 AM

Personally, I would go with the Adder as a simple stating 'Mech, but a Stormcrow would be the best way to go, career-wise.

#23 dragnier1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 12:22 AM

Adders don't seem so simple...me thinks...

#24 Dino Might

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 06:02 PM

View PostDONTOR, on 27 March 2015 - 09:49 AM, said:

Nah, I recomend just ignorng modules at first except maybe radar deprevation as you can use it in everymech and it basically cancels enemy incomng LRMs from locking onto you if you break line of sight for even a second. sadly its 15,000GXP and 6mil C bills :(

Hold off on Weapon modules until you have more mechs and know what weapons you really like, rather than wasting GXP and millions on weapon modules.

Radar Deprivation isn't as crucial anymore, because it no longer cancels lock immediately on losing LOS. It now reduces the time to about the same amount as target retention increases lock after LOS loss by the mech targetting you. I ultimately find that the different in 2 seconds doesn't mean much. If I'm near cover, I'm already there. If not, well, I'm eating a volley or two. The only time I find it really useful is in Locusts, where every missile that hits you can be a problem. Take 20 of them, and you are in a world of unhappy.

#25 mogs01gt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 31 March 2015 - 10:39 AM

View PostDavers, on 23 March 2015 - 05:38 PM, said:

Try Stormcrows first. One of the best mechs in the game, and not as expensive as Timberwolves.

This!

Start with the best that way you arent Cbill poor. Then you can work through other mechs that you find interesting. Being cbill poor makes this game frustrating!

#26 Bjorn Stormseeker

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 01:55 PM

Thanks again everyone for their input.

I haven't been able to play a lot lately due to being sick. I have been playing more today, and running CW for the first time in prep for the big event starting tomorrow. I did go with a Stormcrow, and I am loving it. I did change it around despite everyones advice not too, but I wanted to make it more to my play style that I've found I like. Its probably not very good, but it seems to do well for me.

3 LRM10s+arty, 5 ER-Med Lasers. It runs hot, so I have to juggle lasers a bit, but I like the 30 lrms.

I'm saving now for the next Stormcrow chassis, got a long ways to go lol! I must admit that CW earns quite a bit of coin. It wont take as long to get to the next stormcrow chassis with that supplementing normal matches.

#27 Repasy Cooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 23 April 2015 - 01:59 PM

View PostBjorn Stormseeker, on 23 April 2015 - 01:55 PM, said:

Thanks again everyone for their input.

I haven't been able to play a lot lately due to being sick. I have been playing more today, and running CW for the first time in prep for the big event starting tomorrow. I did go with a Stormcrow, and I am loving it. I did change it around despite everyones advice not too, but I wanted to make it more to my play style that I've found I like. Its probably not very good, but it seems to do well for me.

3 LRM10s+arty, 5 ER-Med Lasers. It runs hot, so I have to juggle lasers a bit, but I like the 30 lrms.

I'm saving now for the next Stormcrow chassis, got a long ways to go lol! I must admit that CW earns quite a bit of coin. It wont take as long to get to the next stormcrow chassis with that supplementing normal matches.

You came back just in time, big ComWar event starts tomorrow.

Small note on your Stormcrow build. You may want to consider equipping 2 x lrm15 instead of 3 x lrm10. The overall tonnage is .5 less and slightly more heat efficient, so it should help you cool down your mech.

See you on the battlefield comrade! :)

Edited by Repasy, 23 April 2015 - 01:59 PM.

#28 Bjorn Stormseeker

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 02:07 PM

View PostMetal Militia, on 27 March 2015 - 12:38 PM, said:

He will have an A variant also next time he decides to log in and look at his messages. Hint* Look at your messages, Mr. Bjorn!!!!!

Metal! So sorry I didn't see this sooner! I've been really sick the last month (which isn't unusual for me) so I haven't been on lately.

I just tried to redeem the code, but it happened right as the downtime happened so I don't know if it even went through... I tried to redeem again and said it was already redeemed... did I blow it up?

#29 Bjorn Stormseeker

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 02:54 PM

It all worked! Thank you so much for the gift Metal!

Any suggestions for outfitting the A?

#30 Metal Militia

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 31 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 06:00 AM

It runs very hot so drop the pulse for ERMed or drop 1 pulse and add 2 more HS.

#31 Bjorn Stormseeker

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 08:31 AM

So, I've spent the day rebuilding my Stormcrows. These are how they now stand. I like each of them, they seem to work for me. I don't know how good they are compared to I guess the meta, but what works for me might not work for others. I would like some advice to improving what they are (if that makes sense)

SCR-PRIME

SCR-A

#32 Phra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 233 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 11:05 AM

Couple of basic rules building mechs:
  • TC1 on all clan lazor builds. Once you strip your armor away, you kill internal faster with the crit chance given the DoT nature of lasers. Anything higher is pointless thanks to diminishing return.
  • Try to achieve at least 40% heat eff is possible, it really is not worth putting on more DPS if it gives you a much lower percentage. (Hard with clan lasers running as hot as the sun.)
  • Asymmetric builds lets you shield better with one side.
The most common SCR builds: The last one squeezes the most out of your podspace + tonnage, the most optimized build of em all, can split the LA lasers into 2 / 2 if you don't wanna buy the A pod.

Edited by Phra, 29 April 2015 - 11:10 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users