No Voice Chat With Logictech G35 Headset/mic

6 replies to this topic

#1 Wildedge

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 05:00 AM

I've started playing again after a couple of months off and noticed the new universal chat feature now available.

I need help to figure out why my Logitech G35 headset/mic won't allow me to chat with this new feature.

I've gone into the logitech software and while it does list a couple of hundred games there, MWO is not one of them.

However, the Mic works fine with Raidcall and Teamspeak.

Any suggestions?

#2 Banditman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationThe Templars

Posted 24 March 2015 - 06:02 AM

Is the headset your default audio device? Perhaps the built in voice only uses the default audio device? No idea really, the built in voice isn't used very often in my experience. Most groups maintain their own external solution, typically Teamspeak.

#3 Ryokens leap

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,180 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posted 24 March 2015 - 06:43 AM

Did u monkey around with the ingame settings? I had to turn the mic gain way up to get it to work.

#4 Marvyn Dodgers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,859 posts
  • LocationCanuck transplanted in the US

Posted 24 March 2015 - 03:18 PM

Moving to hardware forum

#5 Spike Brave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 695 posts
  • LocationIn your base, killing your dudes

Posted 24 March 2015 - 03:18 PM

Something I have noticed is that my headset doesn't work with MWO if I have my SoundBlaster ProStudio running. If you have audio card software running, you might try turning it off and see if that works.

#6 Finkledbody

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 53 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 05:55 AM

I have the G35 Headset.

Download the G35 Logitech software @

Support.Logitech.com/Product/G35-Surround-Sound-headset

... Do any and all updates. Make sure the software running before entering MWO. Sometimes you may have to replug the USB after opening the software. Look for the red light at the end of the microphone for a visual indication that it is recognized by your computer.

Occasionally, I'll have to reopen MWO for everything to sync up correctly for full VOIP functionality.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Finkledbody, 26 March 2015 - 05:56 AM.

#7 9erRed

• Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 March 2015 - 10:25 AM

Greetings all,

I'd first check the 'speaker' icon on the taskbar.
- Open the recording tab and insure that this device is set to Default device.
(for me, I have 2 sound devices, 'onboard' and X-Fi card. As well as 2 mikes, desktop boom and headset each plugged into a different device.)

Insure any settings (below) are not conflicting with the manufactures program, or it's settings.
You should be seeing the headset and if its set as the default device, as well as what interface its using to record in. (should be a green checkmark.) Insure it's the highlighted item. Check by right click and set 'set as default communications device'
- There's a configure tab on the bottom left, opening it will present a window to 'set up speech rec. and configure mic'.

- The lower right tab 'Properties', 4 tabs to check,
~ under general check that its set to 'use this device'. (should also show what plugin and its colour is for that device. ie: rear panel, front panel. And what 'Controller' is running the sound output.)
~ under listen, 'playback through this device' needs to be set to your current output device.
~ under levels, check it's volume is turned up.
~ under Advanced, set the sound quality format, (higher is better) and the 2 checkbox settings for 'take exclusive control' and 'exclusive mode' should be checked.

As a note here:
Simply 'hot-plugging' in a device will not 'enable' it in some cases, often windows may need to be restarted to 'see' this new connection. Other times it will detect the active item plugged in. Some games are like this, the device needs to be plugged in before the game is started for it to be seen.
- USB devices may or may not function like this, as some are powered, and a new active connection will trigger windows to 'enable it'.

Good luck,
9erRed

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users