42 replies to this topic

#1 Kinski Orlawisch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 24 March 2015 - 10:23 PM

Check the CW map. We are getting cut off when we get pushed back further. Are we that weak or just unintrested in CW?
Yes we got attacked by everybody and didn t fight back......

What is going on?

I have the Feeling that our noobs are holding the line. Don t tell me that we lost our mercs. We should not depend upon mercs.

So what can we do to change the situation?

Posted Image

Edited by Marc von der Heide, 24 March 2015 - 10:31 PM.

#2 jeirhart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 277 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 10:32 PM

CGB has the same problem CJF has. Low active population.

Simply not enough people playing for our factions to make a difference and the massive numbers being thrown at us deters most from wanting to even bother.

It is a PGI problem. We will just have to see if they can repair it.

#3 Kinski Orlawisch

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 24 March 2015 - 10:45 PM

I think that we got all who thought Clan are stil OP and then wonder why they suck.
The -9th- are more merc than CGB. We for shure will leave when CGB is cut off.

#4 Bulvar Jorgensson

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 164 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 01:07 AM

The main issue, not only for CGB but all of the factions within this franchise of MW.

To big an ambition with a small budget/team.

CW matches are not varied enough (heck the pug/team normal drops are just as bad, if not worse).

I have been playing mech games for years and variation of scope/scale is key.

PGI have stuck to a strange way of allowing planets to be switched/held, which in turn means that a late surge on contested planets just before a switch can have greater sway on who gets the planet than the 5 hours before.

Planets should have a strategic value (allowing certain attack lanes, improved logistics, heck even just loyalty point bonuses) with variations on the ceasefire (so each planet has a unique timer of say 12 hours, 16 hours, 3 days, 1 week, 2 hours) and allowing some kind of proper bidding system for planet conquest.

I.e. Each warrior and above associated with either a clan or faction (not merc, as they have to take contracts that are opened up though bids placed) should get say 5 points to vote towards attack lanes for that given faction, votes must be cast within a 12 hour window on either the UI or in the Web page. PGI collate the numbers and open up the planets with the most votes (these planets are listed as possible attack lanes for each faction)
this then determines the attack and defence planets.

This way if the clans had an operating cease fire agreement it could only be broken if enough members of any given clan voted to do this, hence no merc units throwing in curve balls.

I personally work shifts, and would drop into CW matches more solo or in teams less than 12 if I could perceive a way where my time playing would actually be productive for myself and my clan (C-bill farming is not positive production of time), as it stands I might as well just do normal drops in a pug group until CW gets the fixes it needs.

This game is good, it just need to get better and smarter.

Edited by Bulvar Jorgensson, 25 March 2015 - 01:08 AM.

#5 Kinski Orlawisch

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 25 March 2015 - 02:16 AM

Some Units have fun in CW. A lott look down on CW to realize that it is harder than they think. OK Pugg stomping is of no value. But there are strong Units underway. To beat them is a challenge.

Edited by Marc von der Heide, 25 March 2015 - 02:17 AM.

#6 Kyynele

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 973 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 02:24 AM

Well, most of WDMC didn't play practically any CW for the past week, simply because of the events that had prizes that you could get much faster by playing the public queue. I could imagine quite a few others did the same.

#7 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 25 March 2015 - 10:02 AM

All of Ghost Bear's gains were basically made by -MS-. When CK left -MS-, the remainder of -MS- went to Wolf. GB's been bleeding since.

#8 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 25 March 2015 - 10:16 AM

View PostMarc von der Heide, on 24 March 2015 - 10:45 PM, said:

The -9th- are more merc than CGB. We for shure will leave when CGB is cut off.

This, I think, is a very clear indication of one of the major problems with Community Warfare.

#9 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 25 March 2015 - 10:32 AM

View PostTerciel1976, on 25 March 2015 - 10:02 AM, said:

All of Ghost Bear's gains were basically made by -MS-. When CK left -MS-, the remainder of -MS- went to Wolf. GB's been bleeding since.

Sad but true.

#10 NUJRSYDEVIL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 331 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 01:09 PM

CJF shares your misery. The past few nights there have only been 2-3 active planets people are attacking/defending.

#11 _Comrade_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 01:18 PM

View PostTerciel1976, on 25 March 2015 - 10:02 AM, said:

Population is so low in CW in general that any influx of new mercs makes a huge difference for any faction

#12 Kinski Orlawisch

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 29 March 2015 - 10:27 PM

It is time that a leader from a big unit, wich is active in CW, calls for a big meeting of all Clans and to establish an hidden Leaderforum where the Clans can coordinate without reading eyes from the IS.

#13 Sirius Drake

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 467 posts
  • LocationThe Aett

Posted 30 March 2015 - 01:24 AM

View PostMarc von der Heide, on 29 March 2015 - 10:27 PM, said:

It is time that a leader from a big unit, wich is active in CW, calls for a big meeting of all Clans and to establish an hidden Leaderforum where the Clans can coordinate without reading eyes from the IS.

It's not like Clan leadership wouldn't talk to each other.
But seems like they don't always share the same opinion ;-)
Anyway, didn't Russ say something about resetting the map?
I guess that would be one reason why we seem rather inactive at the moment.

#14 RedEagle86

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 246 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan

Posted 30 March 2015 - 08:23 AM

Plus some of the more senior players are burned out on MWO altogether, not just CW.

#15 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 30 March 2015 - 01:10 PM

Problem is the clan leaders, not just CGB but various wolf, Falcon and Jaguar as well as CGB have been in talks in the past. It does little aside from push a bit of loyalist movement. Problem is that the mercs do not play by the same game atm and the game is completely set in a way that promotes their do as they please. Loyalists had tried to maintain our alliances and such but it kept being in vein as mercs, and not just -MS- did as they pleased.

I still think that pgi made a mistake letting mercs play as Clan and that it completely ruins the aspect most Clan loyalists wanted.

Redeagle is also very accurate. A lot of people are getting burnt out of MWO. We have seen only minor game play changes and the fact we see almost no love from pgi to tj Clan loyalist base that we get discouraged. A number of loyalists try to white Knight but it gets exceedingly difficult when pgi obviously keeps an inner sphere bias.

I know I am not the only one who feels that pgi looks at Clan players as more income and little else. I am sure it is not like that at the pgi office and that they do spread a little Clan love but for the most Clan players have yet to see it.

#16 Mexicutioner46

• PipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 81 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:31 PM

From the Dragon's perspective.... NOM NOM NOM!

P.S. Obligatory "DIE CLANNERZ!"

Edited by Mexicutioner46, 30 March 2015 - 11:32 PM.

#17 Qtvcfr

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 51 posts
  • LocationManhattan, Kansas

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:33 PM

View PostMexicutioner46, on 30 March 2015 - 11:31 PM, said:

From the Dragon's perspective.... NOM NOM NOM!

P.S. Obligatory "DIE CLANNERZ!"

Clearly you've made enemies of the MixiCans. Not the MexiCants.

#18 Mexicutioner46

• PipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 81 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:38 PM

View PostQtvcfr, on 30 March 2015 - 11:33 PM, said:

Clearly you've made enemies of the MixiCans. Not the MexiCants.

I miss your plethora of light mechs, Q!

MexiCans for LYFE!

#19 Qtvcfr

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 51 posts
  • LocationManhattan, Kansas

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:44 PM

Light Mechs = Life. Everything else is just AWESOME!

Yeah, that was just for you Mexi.

#20 Sirius Drake

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 467 posts
  • LocationThe Aett

Posted 31 March 2015 - 06:45 AM

View PostCoffiNail, on 30 March 2015 - 01:10 PM, said:

I still think that pgi made a mistake letting mercs play as Clan and that it completely ruins the aspect most Clan loyalists wanted.

Redeagle is also very accurate. A lot of people are getting burnt out of MWO. We have seen only minor game play changes and the fact we see almost no love from pgi to tj Clan loyalist base that we get discouraged. A number of loyalists try to white Knight but it gets exceedingly difficult when pgi obviously keeps an inner sphere bias.

This!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users