Ping Problem

Question Help Me

7 replies to this topic

#1 Safila

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 12:08 AM

https://youtu.be/6H_fNQRlvp4

I am an oversea player. I have a ping around 240. I can't normally move and play like the video shows. I think the problem is caused by ping(? Is there anyway to solve the problem? I really want to play the game. I have seen other players having the same or higher ping than me. Am i the only one suffer from this? Thank you.

#2 Modo44

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 12:49 AM

If you have a stable connection, and a good enough PC, you should be fine playing even from Australia. You seem to have sumbled upon a bug -- the map objects are not rendering in your video, and the resetting mech suggests a broken connection. Contact support, they should be able to help.

#3 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 25 March 2015 - 01:43 AM

View PostSafila, on 25 March 2015 - 12:08 AM, said:

https://youtu.be/6H_fNQRlvp4

I am an oversea player. I have a ping around 240. I can't normally move and play like the video shows. I think the problem is caused by ping(? Is there anyway to solve the problem? I really want to play the game. I have seen other players having the same or higher ping than me. Am i the only one suffer from this? Thank you.

I used to have that issue occasionally when playing using WiFi (from the UK with about 100-110 ping), for upto about 20 seconds I could be waking a few meters, teleporting back walking again, teleporting back over and over, if it continued for more than about 20 seconds I would get disconnected.
are you using a wireless connection to play?

if you are then switching to a hardwired connection (e.g. running a network cable from your router to the PC or using some power line network adapters) could help

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 25 March 2015 - 02:39 AM.

#4 Ace Selin

• 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 25 March 2015 - 01:49 AM

Yep i have 270 odd ping and have mostly no problems (occasional lagging games) but nver seen anything like the rendering issue you have in the vid.

#5 Safila

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 05:42 AM

I have figured out the problem. My game is broken and has some objects can't show. I have reinstalled once but the problem still exists. I think i need to find the officials for help. Thanks anyway.

#6 dragnier1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 08:00 AM

When you open the launch window, instead of clicking on "play", look for the small button that looks like gears (besides minimise and close window button). Click on that and choose "start the MWO repair tool". The repair tool might help fix the errors for you.

#7 mailin

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 25 March 2015 - 12:09 PM

Your video card might be going. At one point about a year and a half ago I got the balls instead of objects on my screen. (I must admit it was pretty nice being able to see the enemy mechs "through" the city maps.) I tried everything, including uninstalling and reinstalling both MWO and my video drivers. The only thing that fixed it was getting a new graphics card. (I really hope that there is an easier and less expensive fix for you though.)

Good luck.

Edited by mailin, 28 March 2015 - 12:11 AM.

#8 CruiseMissileCowboy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 108 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 25 March 2015 - 08:13 PM

If you are on a wired connection, not wireless, and your Internet Service provider is feeding you 25MB Download and 10MB upload or better, and you still have 270 ping, they only thing that you can do is pay more for a higher speed internet connection; otherwise, you are just out of luck.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users