Independent (Pug) Queue For Cw

15 replies to this topic

#1 SmoothCriminal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 815 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 04:00 AM

This might sound controversial but since I'm not hugely prone to joining a 12 man team, I thought it might be a nice feature to allow CW to accessed by players who are not meta 12 man competitive teams.

It would also allow new/independent players to associate with the surrounding story and be emotionally invested in the progress of CW.

Impact of each battle would presumably be limited substantially v the 12 mans - so large competitive teams can still go ahead and take worlds.

Premise would be a pug queue separate from the main one - for towards IS v Clan (which ever faction you represent would give you limited renown)

Anyone agree?

#2 markomaniac

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 07:37 PM

I think this would be a good idea, nobody likes getting stomped all of the time.

#3 Firewuff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,204 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 27 March 2015 - 01:49 AM

It would fragment the player base way too much. There are juat not enough players to split the queues. Likely no one would get a game at all

#4 Idealsuspect

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 02:07 AM

View PostFirewuff, on 27 March 2015 - 01:49 AM, said:

It would fragment the player base way too much. There are juat not enough players to split the queues. Likely no one would get a game at all

Sorry but you prefer unfair matchs or normal challenge matchs...?

If you wanna play in a group you should prefer play agaisnt another group too...
Or maybe you just prefer play in group whatever if its an unfair game for other pugs team. Yea good method for make pugs leaving the game definitively...

Before CW and before regular queue was split between solo and group some people said exactly same:

Now we know they were wrong now game is more fair for everyone.... It will be same for CW but it will became harder for bad players who can't play without grouping ^^ i agree.

Edited by Idealsuspect, 27 March 2015 - 02:09 AM.

#5 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 27 March 2015 - 02:16 AM

Yes and no - with the current "queue" it doesn't make sense for a single player to choose a planet-
wich planet you choose? of course that with the highest numbers - and maybe you prefer to choose an attack - becaus choosing defense means you have to face a premade with a good chance
on the other hand defense in PUG is simpler as an attack.

so why not simple take that burden of choice from those poor pugs - and give them a "participate" button - the mm will drop them where needed.
The advantage you channeling all the available players on one planet - with a bigger pool of players MM can better mix.

in the current form of choose a planet seperating queues has a good chance of failure - take for example -
5 12men teams attack 1 planet - on the other side are only 3 groups - 8; 10 and 6 players - and 36 pugs - this planet queues are full - but still there would not be a single battle going on.

#6 Firewuff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,204 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 27 March 2015 - 02:25 AM

Burdon of choice... like i have one now? One planet had 1 attacher and 2 defenders. The other has 12 attackers and 38 defenders... exactly what choice do i have? Im lucky to get 2 games a day becaue im not in the us.

#7 Idealsuspect

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 02:29 AM

Yep Participate button is a good idea anyway just separate pugs than groups.

NB : in new event page we can see

This Event applies to both Solo and Group Community Warfare queues.

How many time, as pug, i choose planet with 10's, 5', 4' in queue .. and how many time, always as pug, i faced large clan premade ^^.
Also i was in solo queue or group queue...?

PGI i need a annoying popup " You will play in group queue even you are pugging, are you sure ? "

:)

Edited by Idealsuspect, 27 March 2015 - 02:31 AM.

#8 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 27 March 2015 - 02:35 AM

View PostIdealsuspect, on 27 March 2015 - 02:29 AM, said:

NB : in new event page we can see

This Event applies to both Solo and Group Community Warfare queues.

That is not even funny

View PostFirewuff, on 27 March 2015 - 02:25 AM, said:

Burdon of choice... like i have one now?

that is the point you don't have one now - you wont have one then.
But with the option to "face" more PUG on PUG games - maybe CW get more participants

On the other hand if all those SOLOs would start to participate they should be able to block the queues for premades even now.

#9 Idealsuspect

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 02:42 AM

View PostFirewuff, on 27 March 2015 - 02:25 AM, said:

Burdon of choice... like i have one now? One planet had 1 attacher and 2 defenders. The other has 12 attackers and 38 defenders... exactly what choice do i have? Im lucky to get 2 games a day becaue im not in the us.

+10
Pretty sure that a real solo queue for CW will increase number of viable match for asian and european time zone...

#10 Kenyon Burguess

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 27 March 2015 - 04:04 AM

because teams will just count "3..2..1.. launch", end up mostly together, and roll pugs anyways. join a team, coordinate and win, its what team based content is about.

#11 Lord0fHats

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 619 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 04:17 AM

There is a much simpler solution; integrate CW into the mechlad menu better. Most players only go into CW in two ways;

-As a unit which has a full (or near full) 12 man that wants to play and initiates a attack on a planet so that they can go play.
-A PUG who sees the "Planet X needs defenders" popup and clicks on it. frequently resulting in them fighting aforementioned 12 man.

The fix is to make CW battles more accessible to general pug players, namely by making it easier for pugs to initiate their own attacks. Part of the reason there's so many 12vpugs is because most battles get initiated by a twelve man, and unless a large unit is currently online and trying to push their front, that 12 man is most likey going to be seal clubbing.

Another is to simply learn the maps and frankly L2PCW. I've seen pug groups put up good fights and win. It's not impossible. The current situation really isn't as bleak as the forums like to make it out. The objectives in Invasion and Counter-Attack favor the defenders. It's just that many pugs do really silly things like set up in bad spots or engage in trades they don't have to and 1 or 2 people doing really badly is enough to cost the entire team the match in CW. I've played games where a player has gone through all 4 of their mechs in the first 6-8 minutes (myself included). If that happens, something very wrong has happened.

Edited by Lord0fHats, 27 March 2015 - 04:20 AM.

#12 MechWarrior849305

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 05:34 AM

When there is an army that drops on a planet to conquer it - are the little defence force, like local militia whine something like "Please, don't ROFL Stomp us!!!". When you go into CW - you have to be sure what you are doing. And, obviously, even a solo gamer can be rather deadly and have higher firing skill than that of any premade player. So shoot, deal damage and kill invaders... Or don't do it - that's the only choice you have -_-

#13 Idealsuspect

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 08:22 AM

View PostDuoAngel, on 27 March 2015 - 05:34 AM, said:

When there is an army that drops on a planet to conquer it - are the little defence force, like local militia whine something like "Please, don't ROFL Stomp us!!!". When you go into CW - you have to be sure what you are doing. And, obviously, even a solo gamer can be rather deadly and have higher firing skill than that of any premade player. So shoot, deal damage and kill invaders... Or don't do it - that's the only choice you have -_-

Exactly also PGI have to build a solo queue for pugs or don't allow non-12' to play CW ..

Unfair matchs make people left this game ^^

NB : some 12' are really bad and some pugs are good but MWO is a teamwork game also group have advantage even they are bad at this game

Edited by Idealsuspect, 27 March 2015 - 08:23 AM.

#14 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 09:15 AM

I'd be not opposed to it at all if say 60-70% of the game population was playing CW. Maybe after this event and the inclusion of lobbies they say are coming next month the population will pick up substantially.

Totally understand guys not wanting to play hard mode where following tactics and orders is required for success unlike standard drops, but in some ways getting stomped into the ground until you decide you want to learn to play better is the only way to motivate people.

But either way until the population is there, separated queues would destroy the mode for everyone.

#15 Idealsuspect

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 09:45 AM

View Postsycocys, on 27 March 2015 - 09:15 AM, said:

Totally understand guys not wanting to play hard mode where following tactics and orders is required for success unlike standard drops, but in some ways getting stomped into the ground until you decide you want to learn to play better is the only way to motivate people.

But either way until the population is there, separated queues would destroy the mode for everyone.

You talk about hard mode, you mean play in a pugs mode Vs large premade also ?
Cause playing in premade vs pugs isn't hard mode but easy un-challenging mode.

So you must agree with me when i ask PGI to split CW between solo queue, 12' only queue...
Or don't allow solo player to play CW.

Fair and challenge matchs for both queues but maybe some people don't want this... ( i am sure lots of large premade players will play only pugs coze they can't handle with Elite premade ^^ ) cya peace.

Your people said same about regular queue before solo and group queue split... now it work for Pugs and group also it proove you were totally wrong.. it will be same for CW.

Edited by Idealsuspect, 27 March 2015 - 09:45 AM.

#16 SmoothCriminal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 815 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 06:45 AM

I'd be not opposed to it at all if say 60-70% of the game population was playing CW. Maybe after this event and the inclusion of lobbies they say are coming next month the population will pick up substantially.

I understand where you are coming from here and as to the danger of spitting an already small group - however it is a self fulfilling prophecy:

1. Premade groups dominate CW
2. PUG individuals are put off by fighting unfairly advantaged teams (I'm talking about communication here ofc)
3. Only premade groups are left playing CW
4. Premade groups dominate CW

That's OK for a gameplay perspective - though PUGS are missing out on asymmetric games which can be fun (but happy to ignore that for now).
But from a lore/story/catch/USP that will keep people here beyond a simple grind a mech, grind xp, grind modules... repeat ad nauseam - to not allow a private way to immerse themselves in this mode will annihilate the player base in the long run.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users