6 replies to this topic

#1 Cataphractos

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 66 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 12:46 PM

You may remember me from almost exactly a year ago, when I posted this --

http://mwomercs.com/...i-wasnt-a-n00b/

Welp...my computer crashed a few months back, just as I was putting the finishing touches on the next-to-last MechCommander mission. So, first thing -- did I have the presence of mind to send some kind of rough-draft missions to one of you, or do I seriously have to make 10 maps all over again? 'Cause maaaaaaaan, that ain't happenin' this summer.

Second thing -- the new computer is also having trouble running MWO. Unbelievable. So it looks like I'll be stuck in Training Grounds h*** for a while yet...

:( :( :( :( LOOK AT ALL THESE FROWNS

#2 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 12:57 PM

1), that totally sucks, I think there is a possibility that Luxebo might have them. But probably not. I recommend saving backups on multiple drives -- I personally run 7 hard drives and anything important gets periodic backups spread among them.

2) That...sucks even more. Did you buy new or used? If new, I would have suggested to aim higher than recommended stuff for it. If used, might I suggest an AMD R9 270x? I got one to replace my old twin AMD HD 680s, and my god... every game where I had troubles is working fine. (And even this card is already outdated, if that says anything).

#3 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 25 March 2015 - 12:58 PM

Can't help with the MC2 stuff, but I might be able to help with MW:O objects.

What problems are you having while trying to play MW:O? Is it a frame rate issue? (Press F9 to see your current running frame rate while in game.) Is it something else?

If it's a frame rate issue, what are you visual settings in game at? I'd suggest starting with lowest and slowly bumping them up. I find (In advanced settings) Object Details and Texturing are the two settings that will make the game look nicer, so bump those up first if you can.

Lastly, if your settings are already set to lowest, what are you computer's specs? How much RAM do you have? Processor speeds? Video Card? You may need to upgrade your computer more to run this program, but can't say till we know what you have.

#4 CruiseMissileCowboy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 108 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 25 March 2015 - 08:02 PM

Your new computer was fail.

#5 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 08:13 PM

View PostCruiseMissileCowboy, on 25 March 2015 - 08:02 PM, said:

Your new computer was fail.

Or it's settings are not set up correctly...

Most new computers I know of need a video card placed in for this game, minimum. I suspect that to be his problem. But without farther information, I can not say.

#6 Cataphractos

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 66 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 05:46 AM

Thanks, peeps. I'm 95% certain it's a video card/processor speed thing -- this is a very used computer, since most of my meager savings have to be spent paying old bills. (I got it for about $75; I fully expect the hard drive to burn out by year's end.)

Really, this is a lesson for me to get another USB drive. My old one was full-up when I was playing with MC2, and I figured "oh, this machine has another couple months in it, I don't need any more USB drives". Ah-ha-ha-ha. I've remedied that problem, anyway: the next time I make a campaign, everything gets saved every time I open the d***ed editor.

#7 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 08:51 AM

I tend to fix my own computer, as most times the repairs are simple. I lose my Power Supplies more often than anything else. Only one computer started to have hard drive issues, but it's still running surprisingly enough. (Even though I've already replaced it.)

Sounds like you have everything figured out now. Nothing more I think I can do here, besides provide possible entertaining conversation... B)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users