Sony Aquires Robotech Live Action Rights

8 replies to this topic

#1 Katrina Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 157 posts
  • LocationTharkad

Posted 25 March 2015 - 03:44 PM

This is fantastic news. I've waited so long for this. I just hope they do it right and not screw it up.

http://variety.com/2...ime-1201460191/

#2 Kenyon Burguess

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 25 March 2015 - 03:48 PM

hopefully it will use a diverse cast

#3 Hans Von Lohman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 05:56 PM

Hopefully they can make a decent video game using controls similar to the War for Cybertron games.

#4 Crotch RockIt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 583 posts
  • Locationchewing his lower lip

Posted 25 March 2015 - 07:27 PM

More importantly, maybe PGI can license the Unseen mechs from Sony, now that Harmony Gold is out of the picture.

#5 Heffay

Rum Runner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 25 March 2015 - 07:57 PM

View PostCrotch RockIt, on 25 March 2015 - 07:27 PM, said:

More importantly, maybe PGI can license the Unseen mechs from Sony, now that Harmony Gold is out of the picture.

Wait, what?

#6 MarineTech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 2,969 posts
  • LocationRunning rampant in K-Town

Posted 26 March 2015 - 01:10 AM

The article isn't terribly specific, but it appears that Sony has only acquired the FILM rights to Robotech. Harmony Gold is still very much in the picture.

#7 9erRed

• Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 March 2015 - 11:53 AM

Greetings all,

Yes, sadly HG is embedded into this production.

Frank Agrama of Harmony Gold, which is the original intellectual property rights holder, will executive produce with Michael Gordon and Jehan Agrama. Leonard B. Rosman and Christy Duran will serve as co-producers.
(The deal on behalf of Harmony Gold and the producers was negotiated by Ralph P Brescia of Bloom Hergott, together with Leonard B. Rosman, Esq. of the Law Offices of Leonard B. Rosman and Christy Duran, Esq. of Harmony Gold.)

Sidenote:
Frank Agrama is an American director, producer and writer. He is the founder and chief executive officer (CEO) of Harmony Gold USA, Inc. He is best known for producing the film Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles, other Robotech animated works and the miniseries "Heidi".

9erRed

Edited by 9erRed, 26 March 2015 - 12:02 PM.

#8 WonderSparks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 909 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC, Canada

Posted 26 March 2015 - 12:10 PM

Too bad HG is still "in the picture", I would have very much liked to see some Unseen become Reseen for MWO. :P

All negativity towards "Not Harmonious or Golden" aside, I suppose this marks a pretty neat opportunity. Never seen more than a bit of gameplay for a PS2 Robotech game (pretty sure that was what it was, that was years ago) but it seemed like an interesting enough franchise.

"Mighty Morphin' Power-Mecha!" Or something to that effect. :P

#9 Hans Von Lohman

• Knight Errant
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 12:04 AM

It might also be possible that Sony will make a true sequel movie not based on Macross/Southern Cross/Mospeada, but on a 4th (5th?) generation of the continued storyline.

I hope if they do that, they at least keep the cool as hell cyclones in some fashion. I love those things. Who wouldn't want to be an infantryman in that future if you job involved ridding around on powerful racing motorcycles that turn into Iron-Man suits at a button push?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users