Is Cw Sniping Deck (Pure Erll 911+M Range)

No replies to this topic

#1 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 26 March 2015 - 02:06 AM

After looking over the quirks we have now and picking mechs that have good energy mounts and 25% or more Energy Range (edit: Except the Dragon-1C which is 15% but that makes it equal to clan ERLL range) I spent the next couple of days leveling up my new drop deck for CW. All the mechs only have one weapon type which is the ER Large Laser backed up by the ER Large Laser Range module which gives me an effective range of 911m (or 945m on the Raven-4X). Edit: Dragon is a bit less but since there is an extra 5 tons to spare for the deck I might go buy another Thunderbolt to replace it with. It's nice having 4 ERLL move at 90 kph though. :ph34r:

Posted Image

I've been mostly using brawlers in CW which hasn't been working out too well for me so I decided to just play the long range game with the clanners by having more range than they do. At 900m their ER Medium Lasers won't reach you and their ER Large Lasers will deal less damage while you do full with less burn time. It's nice to see clan mechs backing out from a shootout at long range for once.

I used what I had so I made a deck with the following (people prefer their own armor values for front/back so I didn't change those but I put more to the front like most people do):

Raven-4X - RVN-4X
Dragon-1C - DRG-1C
Thunderbolt-5SS - TDR-5SS
Battlemaster-1S - BLR-1S

Posted Image

All of the mechs have at least 2 high mounts for energy giving you the edge on hill humping and all are relatively fast for their weight class. I'm sure some would prefer standard engines over XL but you're supposed to be fighting at long range anyway.

I actually ran out of ERLL when building this and had to spend another couple of million buying more to fill them all out. I would prefer to have 3 Thunderbolts (because 45 alpha at 911m is sexy) but since I don't have the time to build those up I'll be sticking with this group for awhile.

Clans rely a lot on ERML which is outranged by the ERLL on these mechs so most of them will fight back with maybe 2 CERLL and you're mostly spewing out 4-5 back at them.

Anyway, if you guys have other ideas with the quirks that'd be great and if it's fun I might have more reason to grind out my other variants. :lol:

Edited by Elizander, 26 March 2015 - 01:41 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users