11 replies to this topic

#1 BetaVirus

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 63 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 26 March 2015 - 08:27 AM

So I just wanted to let you know that if you have issues with the game related to your mech skill tree getting reset they will not help you.

The first day i get a reply asking for screenshots of the 3 mechs (one chasse type) that i think get reset. I send the pic a few mins later and have not got a response since. Not even an update to say we are still looking into it. It has been 2 weeks now.

#2 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 26 March 2015 - 11:21 AM

Reset as in completely wiped out? I'm curious can you post your picks here?

#3 Banditman

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationThe Templars

Posted 26 March 2015 - 11:35 AM

Support is slow. Welcome to MWO. I've had tickets open 6-8 weeks before I got any response on them. Support is usually helpful, but man, slow.

#4 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 11:43 AM

View PostBetaVirus, on 26 March 2015 - 08:27 AM, said:

So I just wanted to let you know that if you have issues with the game related to your mech skill tree getting reset they will not help you.

The first day i get a reply asking for screenshots of the 3 mechs (one chasse type) that i think get reset. I send the pic a few mins later and have not got a response since. Not even an update to say we are still looking into it. It has been 2 weeks now.

Truth be told, you should have gotten an answer -- but at the same time this is not something support would do.

There is no point in resetting your skill tree, it is a single path (not branching), and thus 100% linear. If you unlocked the wrong thing first, just unlock what you really wanted a few matches later. (Seriously these things fill up so fast, what's the point?)

The game has no way of having a skill unlock to be undone.

#5 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 11:48 AM

View PostBanditman, on 26 March 2015 - 11:35 AM, said:

Support is slow. Welcome to MWO. I've had tickets open 6-8 weeks before I got any response on them. Support is usually helpful, but man, slow.

Yep. The most negative thing I've noticed of PGI losing its rather greedy publisher is that the PGI run support is ungodly slow compared to the IGP run support that the publisher was formerly in charge of (get answers within 2 hours during normal hours).

Though honestly, if IGP was still there I wouldn't buy anything anymore. IGP had been behind communication blackouts from the devs, censorship, other things. PGI's a lot closer to how it was back in 2012. Not quite there yet (and not sure if they will ever be that awesome again), but there's been a huge turnaround with the publisher given the boot.

(I mean, look at the various Devs EA the publisher buys... EA support might be pretty good, but pfft, I liked a lot of the developer companies before EA's involvement too.)

#6 Nick Makiaveli

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in mechdrek

Posted 28 March 2015 - 05:41 PM

View PostKoniving, on 26 March 2015 - 11:43 AM, said:

Truth be told, you should have gotten an answer -- but at the same time this is not something support would do.

I'm thinking they weren't sure what he was talking about, so asked for pics to get a better idea, then shunted him off into the "Respond When We Get Around To It" folder.

Why yes, I do deal with End Lusers on a regular basis...why do you ask? ;)

#7 Sandersson Jankins

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 352 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 11:23 PM

View PostKoniving, on 26 March 2015 - 11:48 AM, said:

EA support might be pretty good

LOL

#8 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 28 March 2015 - 11:28 PM

Send a new/fresh email and mention the ticket number they sent you from the first email.

If you send an email to support, and they ask you to provide more information, and then you reply directly to their response, sometimes it gets lost in the ticketing system. They're actually completely revamping the ticketing system soon, so until then, just make sure you send fresh emails to support, try to avoid replying.

Edited by Tarogato, 28 March 2015 - 11:29 PM.

#9 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 08:33 AM

View PostSandersson Jankins, on 28 March 2015 - 11:23 PM, said:

LOL

It (EA Support) was to me. Cept for my last problem (the person then was a {Richard}). Anyway, I typically had my issues resolved within about 20 minutes or less and given my choice of a 20 dollar game out of five different ones each time I had a problem. (Two of the three games I had acquired from them after getting them on origin, I went over to Steam and redeemed them there too because lets be honest, the Origin program is a performance hog.)

Edited by Koniving, 29 March 2015 - 08:34 AM.

#10 BetaVirus

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 63 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 29 March 2015 - 10:57 AM

View PostTheCaptainJZ, on 26 March 2015 - 11:21 AM, said:

Reset as in completely wiped out? I'm curious can you post your picks here?

I dont have the pics anymore i deleted them and the sent email. I gave up and just starting playing. I could not prove it was reset. Eventually they helped me with info about my logs since i got the clan mech. so in the end it was resolved, but the support was slow and very aggravating.

I had not been reset and confirmation is all that mattered to me.

Edited by BetaVirus, 29 March 2015 - 10:59 AM.

#11 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 02:05 PM

Ah -- it was about your skill tree being reset rather than trying to get support to reset your skill tree. Sorry I read it wrong.

Glad they got around to it, and yeah from what I understand they are a bit slow on solving tickets.

#12 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 29 March 2015 - 04:17 PM

View PostNick Makiaveli, on 28 March 2015 - 05:41 PM, said:

I'm thinking they weren't sure what he was talking about, so asked for pics to get a better idea, then shunted him off into the "Respond When We Get Around To It" folder.

Why yes, I do deal with End Lusers on a regular basis...why do you ask? ;)

If they're using Zendesk it just turns into an open ticket. Those are a ***** to sort out because in Zendesk all the replies count as ticket content when you do searching and sorting. The only way to get it done right is to have a system where you tag tickets with a predetermined system in order to find them later. If you let untagged open tickets pile up in Zendesk... well... good luck. I may or may not have experience dealing with 30,000-110,000 incoming zendesk tickets per month in my previous line of work. :ph34r:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users