Best Mech To Mg Boat In.

19 replies to this topic

#1 Striker2237

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 47 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 01:08 PM

I'm not joking here, I want something with the MOST MG dakka I can get with at least one heavy gun to breach armor sections.....thanks!

#2 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 26 March 2015 - 01:10 PM

Jeagermech can do well with it. 6 Ballistic slots and some energy slots. If you wish, 6 MGs and 2 ERPPs or Large Pulse Lasers.

The Arrow Blackjack Hero mech also comes to mind, as well as the King Crab 000, which also has 6 Ballistic slots.

#3 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 01:18 PM

Arrow: Can take energy and ballistic. I set this one up with a Std engine for survivability, some jump jets for their advantages, and 6 MGs. I placed a LPL and two MPLs for it's punch.

Jagermech: Will be slower, but have more armor than the Arrow. However, can't take jump. Standard engine again for better survivability, with 6 MGs and two LPLs.

King Crab: Similar as the others, but will be slower but better armored.

I'm sure there are more, and these are just examples. Hope it helps.

#4 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 March 2015 - 01:22 PM

I don't think you're not going to like it... but...

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...c544c74c5889047

Posted Image

#5 DONTOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,804 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 26 March 2015 - 01:36 PM

It is the Arrow for sure. Its 45 tons so you arent wasting a 65 or 100 ton mech with MGs, then apply 2 PPCs for a solid punch or LPLs too taste. I LOVE playng this mech its sooo much fun.
Also the Shadow Cat comes out in a few months and it comes with 6 MGs and a gauss rifle (or 2 Clan energy of your choice) capable of 130KPH. That will be a fun ride also.

#6 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 01:44 PM

View PostDONTOR, on 26 March 2015 - 01:36 PM, said:

Also the Shadow Cat comes out in a few months and it comes with 6 MGs and a gauss rifle (or 2 Clan energy of your choice) capable of 130KPH. That will be a fun ride also.

97 KPH without speed tweak for the Shadowcat. The Arctic Cheetah can go 130 KPH without speed tweak...

#7 Striker2237

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 47 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 01:45 PM

View PostDONTOR, on 26 March 2015 - 01:36 PM, said:

It is the Arrow for sure. Its 45 tons so you arent wasting a 65 or 100 ton mech with MGs, then apply 2 PPCs for a solid punch or LPLs too taste. I LOVE playng this mech its sooo much fun.

I might just wait for that then lol! Might get a jager for now though, LPLs should strip armor fairly fast right?

View PostTarogato, on 26 March 2015 - 01:22 PM, said:

Posted Image

DAMN! This would work! I'll reconfig my dire to this!

#8 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 01:47 PM

View PostStriker2237, on 26 March 2015 - 01:44 PM, said:

I might just wait for that then lol! Might get a jager for now though, LPLs should strip armor fairly fast right?

Can if your aim is decent. Keep the beam on target (one dedicated section) and it can stripe armor fairly well. Spread it around and it's like any other laser, not so well then...

View PostStriker2237, on 26 March 2015 - 01:45 PM, said:

DAMN! This would work! I'll reconfig my dire to this!

Just be careful with it's slow speeds with all those close weapons. Have to be extra sneaky to get in to deal your damage... (But I've been told clan MGs sound really cool.)

#9 jss78

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,575 posts
  • LocationHelsinki

Posted 26 March 2015 - 02:49 PM

View PostTesunie, on 26 March 2015 - 01:18 PM, said:

Arrow: Can take energy and ballistic. I set this one up with a Std engine for survivability, some jump jets for their advantages, and 6 MGs. I placed a LPL and two MPLs for it's punch.

I got the Arrow in the BJ bundle, and had to grind through it to level up the BJ. I set up mine similar to the above, but with two ER-LL's for long-distance fire in the early game, and an SPL which is grouped with the MG's to help punch through last bits of armor.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...7ad9549231921bc

People say boating 6xMGs is a troll or joke build, but really I've found this mech surprisingly well-rounded, apart from being fun to run. The thing is that even 6xMGs with ammo don't weigh that much, so it's all about how you complement that.

Edited by jss78, 26 March 2015 - 02:52 PM.

#10 Redwo1f

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 213 posts
  • LocationMaple Ridge, B.C. , Canada

Posted 26 March 2015 - 02:51 PM

The Arrow closed the coffin on my 6MG Jagger -DD and forced a rebuild. The Arrow just does it better. :)
(run mine with 2xLPL as well (and an XL - be fast, know when to close in tight for the MGs....and the XL isn't a liability (not for me at all)...and it is my top achieving hero mech at the moment).

Edited by Redwo1f, 26 March 2015 - 02:53 PM.

#11 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 03:01 PM

6 MGs? I took the trial spider into a CW match, it has 4, I couldnt core out the back of a cherry red Zeus with it......MGs? Are they some sort of joke weapon? CUz really, they are useless...

I really long to see some videos where an MG packin mech actually did something, and not wiht its supporting weapons, but with the MG...

#12 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 03:04 PM

View PostLordKnightFandragon, on 26 March 2015 - 03:01 PM, said:

6 MGs? I took the trial spider into a CW match, it has 4, I couldnt core out the back of a cherry red Zeus with it......MGs? Are they some sort of joke weapon? CUz really, they are useless...

I really long to see some videos where an MG packin mech actually did something, and not wiht its supporting weapons, but with the MG...

Ask Koniving. I'm sure he has a few around someplace... :ph34r:

My Raven 4X has been very effective due to those MGs. But they are a niche weapon and not exactly easy to use. It's a slow damaging laser. (If it could be held onto a single location long enough, it can actually out DPS the small laser. But because it normally can't be held on target like that, it tends not to deal it's damage as well.)

#13 Deadead

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 66 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 03:11 PM

Actually just did this earlier today for fun with a nova. 4mgun and 12 sl, the sl will strip armor But heat You up quick so you have an exposed part for the machineguns AND an actual need for them Or You Won't Finish Your Target. If you want more machinegun put the ballistic arm on and a 5th chinegun and swap to 6 ml or spl. As a bonus clan machineguns sound ridiculously cool.

#14 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 03:23 PM

Arrow with 3 LL, 6MG and 6k ammo is about the most fun you can have with them from my experience. Pulled a 943 damage 5 kill match with that setup and had a a few hundred rounds to spare.

#15 Xaiier

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 04:29 AM

Posted Image

Its actually not bad. I run it with this build: DWF-B

74 point alpha with no ghost heat makes it very deadly.

#16 Flak Kannon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 581 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 01:45 PM

I like a Jager with a couple LL, and LBX10 and 5 machine guns.

Step #1 Melt Armor
Step #2 Shred Internals with (5) Machine Gun and (1) LBX10.
Step #3 Rinse & Repeat

I have had fun with this build.

BUT.... it is an END OF ROUND Mech. Do not ever be first, or Die first. If you can make it to the end, you have a legit chance to cause some major havok.

#17 mailin

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 27 March 2015 - 03:24 PM

I have a Nova with 6 small pulse lasers and 4 mgs. Throw in a clan targeting computer and this thing destroys enemy mechs. With only 6 small pulse there's no ghost heat.

And yes, the clan machine guns DO sound very cool.

Edited by mailin, 27 March 2015 - 03:25 PM.

#18 ShadowbaneX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 12:19 PM

View PostTesunie, on 26 March 2015 - 01:47 PM, said:

Just be careful with it's slow speeds with all those close weapons. Have to be extra sneaky to get in to deal your damage... (But I've been told clan MGs sound really cool.)

Yeah, the close range weaponry isn't that great. 5 MPLs? Why, those 4 LPLs are going to do a much better job of things and you'll be overheating. Solution: Ranged weaponry.

Drop the MPLs and a ton of ammo for ER LLs. Add in an extra Double Heat Sink. You've got a trio of ER LLs for range, a quarter of LPLs for mid-range and the hex MGs for confetti as the LPLs probably do most of the real work.

Edited by ShadowbaneX, 28 March 2015 - 12:19 PM.

#19 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 01:05 PM

Posted Image

I've done something similar. Mine mixes ACs into the mix.

#20 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 01:15 PM

View PostLordKnightFandragon, on 26 March 2015 - 03:01 PM, said:

View PostTesunie, on 26 March 2015 - 03:04 PM, said:

Ask Koniving. I'm sure he has a few around someplace... :ph34r:

This dual MG, LBX, triple SPL build might interest ya.

LPL, dual streak 2, Tag, twin MG.

King Crab. 2 PPCs, 2 streaks, 6 MGs.

----------

Though my best MG match ever was this (unless you count my plethora of Ember matches). Quad MGs, 2 MPL and nothing else.

Posted Image
Back then, the MG bullet did 0.04 damage (compared to 0.08 now), which was 0.4 damage per second and 4 damage in 10 seconds per MG. Of course, people didn't pad their crits as much so I was destroying lots of weapons and ammo along the way. Now everyone boatloads as much DHS as possible which makes it difficult to get at their weapons and ammo.

If you count the Firestarters.. All pre-quirked.
Spoiler

Edited by Koniving, 28 March 2015 - 01:29 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users