Damage Indicator Responsiveness

8 replies to this topic

#1 Platypus Pilot

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 04:39 PM

I would like to leave some constructive feedback concerning the responsiveness of when a player receives damage from enemy weapons. To be direct, the current system implemented prevents the Mech pilot from receiving any useful information for around three seconds while damage indicators flash before displaying any damage taken. While three second may not seem like a very long time on paper, it certainly feels much longer on the battlefield, where a single second or half second can allow a pilot to respond to threats or change plans. Ergo, pilots need to be able to respond to threats as quickly as possible and the current damage indication system does not provide this.

Further, due to the relatively competitive nature of the game and to promote the competitive scene, it would be ideal to allow pilots immediate knowledge to the condition of their Mech while under fire, as the lack of this information severely hampers this. Due to a lack of a better comparison, imagine playing Counter Strike and not knowing how much damage you've taken for 3 seconds. It's simply not an ideal situation.

I believe it also goes without saying that if a change addressing this issue was implemented, it should also apply to immediately displaying where damage is being dealt to a target enemy Mech, to further provide the pilot with better feedback, as well as any new pilots as they continue to get situated.

TL;DR

Players need to know how much their damage they're taking immediately, otherwise it prevents them from quickly responding to threats.

#2 saagri

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 04:48 PM

Agreed.

#3 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 04:58 PM

Yeah.. I think the paperdoll refresh/update time is too slow aswell.

See the 5min 35sec mark.. Thought I still had armour poof 70 armour of CT all gone.
My mechs armour percentage (%) indicator on TOP seems to updating fast enough. The paper doll on the other hand is misleading.

Edited by ShinVector, 26 March 2015 - 08:18 PM.

#4 destroika

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 05:30 PM

I agree with needing to know the status of your own mech at an immediate pace, but as for the enemy knowing, that is purposely delayed and can be sped up with a BAP + Command Console, or CAP + Targetting computers.

#5 Platypus Pilot

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 05:47 PM

View Postdestroika, on 26 March 2015 - 05:30 PM, said:

I agree with needing to know the status of your own mech at an immediate pace, but as for the enemy knowing, that is purposely delayed and can be sped up with a BAP + Command Console, or CAP + Targetting computers.

I can get behind this. I usually know what I'm hitting on an enemy for the most part, so immediately knowing what I'm hitting on an enemy mech is less pertinent.

#6 XphR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,513 posts
  • LocationTVM-Iceless Fold Space Observatory Entertaining cats...

Posted 26 March 2015 - 06:40 PM

Lets hope this gets a test run.

#7 Platypus Pilot

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 12:47 PM

View PostXphR, on 26 March 2015 - 06:40 PM, said:

Lets hope this gets a test run.

Never gonna set my hopes too high :P

#8 Art3mis1337

Rookie

• The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 04:20 AM

Yeah, I would definitely agree with getting some faster damage recognition, and I don't want some ****** module or perks for it either, just make it a level thing across the board, I'd say 300ms should be the longest it would take to register as that's about the highest average pings you're gonna see.

#9 OrangeAvengeer

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 07:36 AM

I agree completely with Destrokia and platypus.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users