Any Is Factions Actually Active In Cw From 5-10Pm Cst?

17 replies to this topic

#1 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 04:54 PM

Just tried out Davion and I'm not really sure what's up there because there were 0 attacks and about 200 pugs/small groups on defense for other people's planets. Didn't see any attacks when I checked in throughout the day either.

3 hours into that I just canceled the contract and paid the fee because that's about pointless. So I guess if there are any groups or factions that are actually active and not caught up in a bunch of pointless ceasefires for roleplaying (my only assumption as to why there were 0 attacks) let me know or I'll just head on back home to the FRR where they like to fight.

#2 mp00

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • 319 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationIn a bottle, Canada

Posted 26 March 2015 - 05:00 PM

It might be easier to look for a unit active during that time. As units currently move around a lot and if it is during a lower activity time slot you are more likely to find the drops you are looking for with a specific unit then a house.

#3 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 05:07 PM

I guess that was partly intended, but I could have been clearer on that.

The Davion group appears to not have anyone but pugs active in CW during this time so the thought is to check elsewhere or just forgo the mechbays and hang out in the FRR where there's at least a couple teams fighting at most times of the day.

#4 LordSkyKnight

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 194 posts
  • LocationPLACES!!!

Posted 26 March 2015 - 05:10 PM

Did you get on the House Davion TS and try to find a group? I'll admit we're a bit shorthanded on pilots who actually want to play CW, but the best way to find a group is to hit up the house TS server.

#5 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 05:27 PM

Yep, was on there. There were a few groups, but none sounded as though they were doing CW. Got one chime in after about an hour of sitting in lfg for faction while I was tinkering in the mechlab and before I could speak into my mic the guy had left - about 5 seconds between in, ask and leaving.

I can totally understand not wanting to deal with CW given its lackluster design, I'm pretty disappointed myself honestly. I was just looking to merc out some mechbays and help some factions in the process. If FRR is where the matches are at though, then FRR is where I will return at the end of this countdown.

#6 jlewis413

• Pip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 12 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationTexas

Posted 26 March 2015 - 05:59 PM

Feel free to hop on the FWLM TS and poke around the bays, we're always welcoming new players and have many active timezones.

Check out www.house-marik.com for TS instructions

Edited by jlewis413, 26 March 2015 - 06:00 PM.

#7 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 06:27 PM

I'll consider it sometime after this event, but unfortunately taking a second risk diving into what appears to be a large faction and having nothing but pug defenses available just kind of destroys the game play part of the game.

Going to go back to where I know there will be good matches after thinking about it and looking at the new event, and put this off until later. Paying for mechbays is actually less consuming than earning them with horrid pug matches even after you factor in time spent at work.

#8 YaKillinMeSmalls

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 332 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 06:58 PM

RRB is active in CW during those hours most days. Check out rrb.enjin.com

#9 Not Bob

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • 688 posts
  • LocationThat one place

Posted 26 March 2015 - 07:06 PM

Sycos, today is an odd day for us - We have a ton of members leaving for the weekend starting today, and other packing. Right now, we've had a 12 man and change going for about 2+ hours.

#10 Texas Merc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 12:21 AM

DCMS always has fights.

#11 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 05:16 AM

View PostNot Bob, on 26 March 2015 - 07:06 PM, said:

Sycos, today is an odd day for us - We have a ton of members leaving for the weekend starting today, and other packing. Right now, we've had a 12 man and change going for about 2+ hours.

You posted at 4am my time, 2-4 would be way out of where I'm able to play anyhow.

#12 GrizzlyViking

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationMarik

Posted 27 March 2015 - 07:32 AM

View Postsycocys, on 26 March 2015 - 04:54 PM, said:

Just tried out Davion and I'm not really sure what's up there because there were 0 attacks and about 200 pugs/small groups on defense for other people's planets. Didn't see any attacks when I checked in throughout the day either.

3 hours into that I just canceled the contract and paid the fee because that's about pointless. So I guess if there are any groups or factions that are actually active and not caught up in a bunch of pointless ceasefires for roleplaying (my only assumption as to why there were 0 attacks) let me know or I'll just head on back home to the FRR where they like to fight.

That is the same as 6-11 eastern and House Marik always has units dropping during that time. Feel free to check us out here: http://housemarik.enjin.com/

#13 Greyfoxx

• PipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 70 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 07:47 AM

Skye Rangers and Steiner are always looking for more pilots. We usually have at least 1 group(if not more than one) going in your time frame. Feel free to check us out. www.skye-rangers.net

#14 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 08:48 AM

I'll start looking into the other recommended units sometime after the event, but moving into the kind of drops I was seeing before then is hopeless. Only way to go would be to merc myself to another unit for some short duration times the big thing was looking to gather up some extra mechbays before they decide to change the reward system on us and make loyalist actually rewarding.

I'll add you guys in game though and maybe we can chat live or do some defense/standard drops or something in the mean time.

#15 Count Zero 74

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 733 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 10:09 AM

House Steiner has a tradionally lage european player base and we have a large amount of players from the North American timezone too now.

In addition all the great Steiner House Units have established close relations over the last few weeks and have achieved a high level of cooperation. So even if no other players of your unit are online you will always find a spot in another group.
I myself do regular drops with SRoT,DHB,KKF,TJ,JAGF,TBW and of course with the guys from the Steiner Hub.

An extra bonus is as Steiner most of your drops will be against the Jade Falcons so you will face some of the very best teams in MWO like Lords,JFP,Kcom,Emp and some I can't remember at moment.

#16 Lightning0861

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 60 posts
  • LocationBerenson, Free Worlds League

Posted 07 April 2015 - 05:52 AM

Most active FWLM units drop at this time. I do. like my Marik bros said check out housemarik.enjin.com.

#17 S T I N G S

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 07 April 2015 - 05:56 AM

House Marik is very active around that time

#18 Leonidas Rommel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 137 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationFar side of your moon

Posted 07 April 2015 - 02:04 PM

Well, come check out the Kellhounds.net

Don't let the Liao fool you, we are a mostly stiener unit (home base) but we farm different groups for the free mech bay. Currently we float around in IS, but we are building our clan decks and soon well be farming them too.

So if you like Beer and (well I cant say it here), and enjoy a laid back gaming experience with a winning group, come check us out. You dont have to join today, just come to our team speak server at kellhounds.typefrag.net. Our website is www.kellhounds.net. Read our posts and see what we are about.

You can talk to me, Beowulf, or Ghost Badger. Oh and BTW, we are a 12 man group always on at that time. that is our prime playing time as well.

Edited by Leonidas Rommel, 07 April 2015 - 02:05 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users