Frr Should Be Proud Of Its Pugs

54 replies to this topic

#21 Redshirt93

Rookie

• The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 11:45 AM

Wow, that is kinda a lame penalty. Permanent contract it is! See you on the battlefield!

#22 General Pete

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 123 posts
  • Locationny usa

Posted 27 March 2015 - 01:11 PM

My unit is currently contracted with the FRR. However, I have 4 kids ranging from 7 yrs to about 7 weeks. It is very tough finding windows to play, especially CW.
That said, you guys are great. I'm glad to fight alongside you (mostly because there is a chance to beat the clans- I've rarely seen that before). I particularly like the camaraderie in forum posts like this- poor Engrish Kurita posts denouncing Davion rats as clanners are hysterical and make for great entertainment, but I find this refreshing.

#23 B L O O D W I T C H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 01:16 PM

pugged for the ffr until rank 7, fun time!

#24 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 04:20 PM

View PostGeneral Pete, on 27 March 2015 - 01:11 PM, said:

My unit is currently contracted with the FRR. However, I have 4 kids ranging from 7 yrs to about 7 weeks. It is very tough finding windows to play, especially CW.
That said, you guys are great. I'm glad to fight alongside you (mostly because there is a chance to beat the clans- I've rarely seen that before). I particularly like the camaraderie in forum posts like this- poor Engrish Kurita posts denouncing Davion rats as clanners are hysterical and make for great entertainment, but I find this refreshing.

Add me man, I'm usually on for CW 5-10 CST during the week and later on Fri/Sat. Also in/out all day between routes at work so we could standard drop if nothing else which it what I generally do.

#25 Sandersson Jankins

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 352 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 09:55 PM

View PostGeneral Pete, on 27 March 2015 - 01:11 PM, said:

Oh god, if I'm feeling particularly low on any given day, I go to the Kuritan, Davion, or Marik house forums and see the NKVA guys doing their thing. I don't think I'd like to do the same as them, but I'm grateful for their presence. It's too damn funny!

But I like making friends on the internet, man. I've made plenty, always been an "active" player in any game I've played. MWO's demographic is interesting- there are far more adults than minors, with plenty of people that have "grown-ass man" lives. Kids, big-boy jobs, etc. I really like it! I'm 23, so I can really identify with any group, even jackass highschoolers, but it is very refreshing to drop with people that don't say "ROFL NERD ***** GET LAID VIRGIN" when you say things like "roger that, lead", etc. A sort of pseudo-RP evolves, and its just so nice!

#26 General Pete

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 123 posts
  • Locationny usa

Posted 28 March 2015 - 04:28 AM

Yeah, a level of maturity and courtesy is nice- I usually try to lead by example in game with that stuff and don't trash talk the opposition. Others doing it doesn't bother me, but it's not my style. I had a game the other night when the enemy force (clan) was trash talking without contractions and I complimented them on it. As for the rude kids, well, we were all rude kids once, quiaff?

#27 Sandersson Jankins

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 352 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 06:02 AM

Amazing work from a really motley group of solo unit members, an organized lance here or there, at least in my drops. Good work on taking outpost- ClaymoreRellik was a perfect marshall for the PUG and otherwise solo forces in most drops.

Hopefully we'll keep this up, I'm digging it!

#28 Molossian Dog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 06:37 AM

View PostArioch1973, on 27 March 2015 - 03:09 AM, said:

... While there is some occassional bad pugs in FRR, I have found that those that generally drop in FRR actually listen ...

This needs to be underlined.

Also: Less drama.
For the most part those that play in my timezone whine little. Victory or defeat.

#29 Strykewolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 394 posts
  • LocationRogue River, Oregon

Posted 28 March 2015 - 09:47 AM

Oh, we have our share of arses.

#30 Tank

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationSelling baguettes in K-Town

Posted 28 March 2015 - 10:34 AM

Actually there was a quality leap in FRR pugs witch started just a week ago - I guess they been finally beaten and hardened that Atlas leg actuator broke from hitting that FRR arse.

Made a meme this week to commemorate that:

Posted Image

#31 Ramrod

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 205 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 28 March 2015 - 10:56 AM

View PostStrykewolf, on 28 March 2015 - 09:47 AM, said:

:( I recognise my failing and will be sure to correct it.

Edited by Ramrod, 28 March 2015 - 10:57 AM.

#32 Strykewolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 394 posts
  • LocationRogue River, Oregon

Posted 28 March 2015 - 09:02 PM

LOL

#33 Rouza

Rookie

• The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 8 posts
  • LocationHuddersfield UK

Posted 28 March 2015 - 09:30 PM

Yeah, You guys actually give a fight.

Had someone today that got stomped.. and then preceeded to while about it in chat.. not helping their allies.

Not seen you guys do that once.

even when losing. Respect o7

#34 huskinater

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 27 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 09:41 PM

My heart and soul are with you FRR guys. Kurita has my unit's contract but I'm a space viking deep down.

#35 Molossian Dog

• 1,393 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 02:58 PM

View PostStrykewolf, on 28 March 2015 - 09:47 AM, said:

At your service!

My fees are modest.

#36 Lucity

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 108 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 29 March 2015 - 04:45 PM

I'm happy to see FRR's borders expand once more!

#37 Rampancy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 568 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 06:01 AM

As a pug dropping with pugs, this weekend was an absolute blast. There were large groups and full 12-mans toppled, teamwork, communication, and guts. Only had one game where a push did not happen when a push was called, and it's the only game out of 11 I played where we lost.

FRR pugs mean business. We'll keep fighting the good fight for ya.

PS: Liezen is almost ours. We pugs are feisty this morning.

#38 Damia Savon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 608 posts
  • LocationMidwest, USA

Posted 31 March 2015 - 04:48 PM

Well I came back after 7 months off and dove into CW. I found out I am way rusty and my mechs are not top order since I cannot afford all the modules to take advantage of the quirks, heck I am just learning about quirks. I was happy to get my kills in and help the faction I love the best. I confess to whining once when our opponents spawn camped (I hate spawn camping).

CW is not perfect but the FRR is just the perfect faction.

#39 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 31 March 2015 - 11:23 PM

View PostDamia Savon, on 31 March 2015 - 04:48 PM, said:

Well I came back after 7 months off and dove into CW. I found out I am way rusty and my mechs are not top order since I cannot afford all the modules to take advantage of the quirks, heck I am just learning about quirks.
My unit has been participating in league events recently, so in all the mess I haven't been paying attention to which mechs have my modules. Suffice it to say that my CW dropdeck mechs don't have any modules in them and they haven't had any all weekend - completely empty. Haven't even missed them in the slightest. Tactics and piloting skill trumps 10% range and 12% cooldown boosts. ^_^

#40 Rehooja

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 18 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 01 April 2015 - 12:11 AM

FRR Warriors in PUGS:
- push when push is called!
- don't whine!
- listen to commands and play as a team!
- kick the shlt outa clans!

FRR FTW! Skål!

(For me there was never another faction I would have joined then the FRR because I'm Scandinavian! :D )

Edited by Vin Reho, 01 April 2015 - 12:12 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users