Frr Should Be Proud Of Its Pugs

54 replies to this topic

#1 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 05:58 PM

Just saying, even when FRR gets a bad one here and there, they see how everyone plays and either run away or actually learn CW.

After seeing how the pugs react and play from other factions I have to say that I don't think I'll ever complain about one that chooses FRR again. There's really that large of a skill and comprehension gap.

#2 StalaggtIKE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 2,304 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 26 March 2015 - 06:02 PM

Our pugs are hardened from fighting clans on multiple fronts.

#3 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 06:20 PM

View PostStalaggtIKE, on 26 March 2015 - 06:02 PM, said:

Until today I really didn't know how true that is.

#4 Klappspaten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 March 2015 - 07:19 PM

View Postsycocys, on 26 March 2015 - 05:58 PM, said:

Just saying, even when FRR gets a bad one here and there, they see how everyone plays and either run away or actually learn CW.

After seeing how the pugs react and play from other factions I have to say that I don't think I'll ever complain about one that chooses FRR again. There's really that large of a skill and comprehension gap.

I can tell you, we are proud of them, not only because we all worked hard to get everyone on that level.

#5 Aurihalcon

• PipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 24 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 26 March 2015 - 07:37 PM

Hello, I'm Aurihalcon. And I'm an FRR pug.

I'll admit to being not great at CW and perhaps a bad example for this topic. I'm not here to complain, but I get frustrated a lot in CW. Maybe it's because the clans are so daunting. At the same time, that's exactly why I'm I've joined the FRR; fighting the desperate fight. I once defended against a Direwolf rush (more of a Direwolf mosey, really). And let me tell ya, that'll let the steam out of anyone.

I'd like to apologize to anyone I've been nasty with, that's not who I am in real life. =(

To fellow FRR pugs...
Stick with it. Fight the fight. Communicate and follow orders. It won't be easy, but you don't join FRR for easy mode. You are therefore encouraged and forewarned.

#6 StickFigureDevil

Rookie

• Mercenary
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 07:43 PM

As one of the random nooblets that shows up to fight for the Space Vikings, I'll chip in with praise for the small outfits and individuals who take charge when FRR pure attacks form up. Every week we get better, it seems like all bear and wolf can do to hold their planets most mornings.

#7 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 March 2015 - 08:10 PM

Clan

FRR's Clan-Hardened PUGs®.

#8 goatreich

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrench
  • The Wrench
  • 105 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 26 March 2015 - 10:24 PM

I actually noticed the same thing. I was droping solo yesterday, defending some backwater planet from kurita or steiner or whatever, and us FRR PUGS were carrying our weight with 3-4 kills to our name and tons of damage dealt.

#9 Sandersson Jankins

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 352 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 11:12 PM

Maybe this is why I have a myopic and "what are you talking about, things are fine :P" mindset towards CW. I've never had to deal with PUGs from any other house. Loyalist from the get go here. I guess I've been finely blessed and not even aware of it.

I like our PUGs too. Usually, they're more than happy to follow any lead given. Hell, half the time, a "random" FRR pug dropping alongside me has probably dropped alongside me dozens of times. There aren't that many of us, heh.

Like StickFigureDevil, random nooblet pfffttt...

Dropped probably 20 times with you over the last week, man. You've done some pretty good things some games. I don't think anybody in FRR is a random, really.

Edited by Sandersson Jankins, 26 March 2015 - 11:13 PM.

#10 Stealth Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 736 posts
  • LocationOff in the Desert

Posted 26 March 2015 - 11:37 PM

If by multiple fronts, You mean being surrounded by all sides being flogged by a mob.

Don't worry, We do it cause we love you. You actually put up a fight and are not annoying.. unlike Kurita.

#11 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 March 2015 - 02:38 AM

One thing that I can really recommend to every FRR player that usually drops solo. If you think CW is fun, or if you think its too unfair to be fun, doesn't matter, just download teamspak and get on the FRR hub. We got open and organized 12 man drops for players of all skill levels that are not only a lot of fun, but we do win most of the matches we drop in.

I mean it, there is no excuse for any FRR player to drop solo, you are really missing out.

frrhub.tk:9725
pw: Dragon (case sensitive)

#12 Sandersson Jankins

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 352 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 02:52 AM

View PostKlappspaten, on 27 March 2015 - 02:38 AM, said:

One thing that I can really recommend to every FRR player that usually drops solo. If you think CW is fun, or if you think its too unfair to be fun, doesn't matter, just download teamspak and get on the FRR hub. We got open and organized 12 man drops for players of all skill levels that are not only a lot of fun, but we do win most of the matches we drop in.

I mean it, there is no excuse for any FRR player to drop solo, you are really missing out.

frrhub.tk:9725
pw: Dragon (case sensitive)

Absolutely true; the population of FRR is largely die-hard loyalist that is also committed to winning while having fun. TS has been nothing but enjoyable, with only a few days experience with these guys, they treat me as an equal well enough.

Get on FRR hub, you don't even need a mic. You WILL have a competent drop lead, and competent team-mates.

Just THINK about it! COMPETENT TEAMMATES. GOOD GOD.

#13 Hronis1974

• Pip
  • Mercenary
  • 14 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 27 March 2015 - 03:02 AM

Hi mates

I am an FRR pug and proude of it . I dont always do well in CW but i always try my best. I only have a request tho . When you , more experienced players , drop with us pugs , grap your mic and lead us through voip...we are always listening , despite that some of us dont have mic's.We do have speakers tho and we can type .

Tnx in advance

:)

#14 Arioch1973

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 33 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 27 March 2015 - 03:09 AM

I belong to a group of mercenaries currently on contract with FRR. While there is some occassional bad pugs in FRR, I have found that those that generally drop in FRR actually listen to what a drop commander says. Not all of them, but enough to make a difference. I just wish more and more players would actually learn teamwork and follow what the drop commander says.

#15 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 March 2015 - 04:30 AM

View PostArioch1973, on 27 March 2015 - 03:09 AM, said:

I belong to a group of mercenaries currently on contract with FRR. While there is some occassional bad pugs in FRR, I have found that those that generally drop in FRR actually listen to what a drop commander says. Not all of them, but enough to make a difference. I just wish more and more players would actually learn teamwork and follow what the drop commander says.

I would much rather wish that our PUGs would continue to be great and the PUGs of the other factions continue to suck. :D

#16 Ivan Romatovich Kerensky

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 44 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 27 March 2015 - 04:57 AM

Recomending pugs get on the ts server as stated here. It really makes a huge difference in your win/loss. Hell you might even find a unit that fits for you like I did.

#17 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 05:45 AM

View PostArioch1973, on 27 March 2015 - 03:09 AM, said:

While there is some occassional bad pugs in FRR, I have found that those that generally drop in FRR actually listen to what a drop commander says.

This sentence right here pretty well explains the number 1 difference between what FRR get and other houses get.

The other thing is that FRR pug pilots tend to, as I believe Sanderson or Jodi put in another post - have man parts. More than makes up for the sometimes weird drop decks they use.

TS server would be good for some of you guys, the comms outside the game actually run better than the in-game one, plus its easier for them to set up multiple groups so everyone gets more matches.

#18 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 March 2015 - 09:53 AM

View Postsycocys, on 27 March 2015 - 05:45 AM, said:

TS server would be good for some of you guys, the comms outside the game actually run better than the in-game one, plus its easier for them to set up multiple groups so everyone gets more matches.

Additionally its a bit confusing using both and I won't give up the ability to talk to the other guys in between matches. Talking about a strategy BEFORE the match starts is just invaluable.

#19 Redshirt93

Rookie

• The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 11:28 AM

I only recently joined the FRR, after playing CW since its launch, and never have I enjoyed such success as I have here. I watched the Clan march into the Inner Sphere, almost powerless to stop them. every CW match was a loss, I almost stopped playing. Then, after searching the fourms, I decided to pick up a contract with the FRR, and fight the clans head-on. sure, I figured it would be just as bad a Davion pugs, but I'm a Redshirt. I'm used to defeat.

Then I played my first FRR match. multiple clan 'mechs killed, twice as many assists, and a victory. c-bills and XP everywhere! I have only played three matches since, and they were all resounding victories. The teamwork was great. most pepole were using the in-game comms, or just stuck together. orders were obeyed, and clanner scum was destroyed. at this point I am seriously considering a permanent contract with the FRR. Best CW matches I've ever had!

#20 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 11:41 AM

Glad you are experiencing the some fun and good matches!

And you should always take a permanent contract no matter where you end up - the "severe penalty" is 1.15m c-bills versus a a few hundred thousand. Not really that severe at all.

I'll be back in the FRR again tonight joining the madness. Let the shoosting begin!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users