#1 Scum of the Earth

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 106 posts
  • LocationMidwest, USA

Posted 26 March 2015 - 08:00 PM

Greetings Mechwarriors,

I am confused and rather irritated at my current situation. SOMEHOW, without my full consent, I have been put into a permanent contract with house Steiner.

I am not part of a unit and I certainly didn't want to be a part of this house. Any other time, if I want to change my mech layout or log out or pick a faction reward, I get a nearly countless pop up loop of "Are you REALLY sure you want to do this?". I can't imagine that I clicked one thing and was put into a permanent contract with a house.

So, short of having my account hacked, subliminal messaging, hypnotism, a drunken blackout, or body snatching... I cannot fathom how on earth this has happened. The only thing I DID do recently was obtain my Resistance mech pack and picked every faction content and painted several of my mechs in house colors (including house Steiner). However, I can't say I remember which house I picked or painted first but that has been about the closest that I have come to being house Steiner.

Now, I've looked and it's going to cost me 1.15 mil C-bills to break this contract. Thankfully, that's less than the cost of buying double heat sinks for a mech. I'm still annoyed that I have to part with it but I can make that in a day with a few hours of work. However, this weekend's event may screw with me even more. I of course want to participate and earn what I can this weekend. However, I can't help but feel that trying to break this contact on the weekend will make me pull out my hair in frustration at being screwed over even more by this incident. I would probably break my contact and then have a cool down period so then I couldn't pick the house that I want and then I would not be able to earn anything over the weekend. The problem is, I don't have a freaking clue of anyone in house Steiner so I'll have to pug it this weekend. Looking at rewards, House Steiner has one of the lowest rewards so that would make it appear to be one of the biggest groups to play in. I am hoping that this is a good thing then so that I can get into fights faster over the weekend.

Now, I have a few follow up questions, is 1.15 mil the lowest price that it's going to cost me to break this contract or will time also decrease this price or not because it's permanent? By playing for house Steiner, would earning rewards or levels increase this price? Is there a wait/ cool off time to join another house if I leave this one? Anything else that I should know when I quit a house? Thank you.

#2 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 March 2015 - 08:05 PM

It is a one day cooldown. If you break a permanent contract right now (12am EDT) it will cost you that 1.15mil C-Bills, and you will remain Steiner for 24 hours. Once that 24 hours is up (12am EDT Friday night/Saturday morning) you can immediately choose another contract and begin playing on it.

Edited by Tarogato, 26 March 2015 - 08:06 PM.

#3 Elizander

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 27 March 2015 - 12:57 AM

Break it right away to save time or bear with it until after the event ends. :ph34r:

#4 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 05:31 AM

I was just trying out a different house only to realize that no one from it is online at my time of day. Gave it a few hours to give people a chance to come online and when they didn't canceled out and am returning to my old faction for the time being.

Other than maybe missing a couple matches early on for the event (which I 'could' just pug defense for while waiting on the timer), the downsides to leaving a faction are really nothing at all. May as well just go perm on every contract for the bonuses because the buy-out is extremely cheap and the cd is the same.
Unless there is absolutely no one playing cw in Steiner, it really doesn't matter when you break it because you can still drop with them right up until the timer drops you out at which point you can immediately go to a new faction. The whole "severe penalty" warning is pretty misleading.

#5 Nothing Whatsoever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 28 March 2015 - 10:12 PM

If its a bug, I'd say contact support at: http://technical@mwomercs.com

Good Luck and Godsped!

#6 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 29 March 2015 - 04:10 PM

Contact support to address it. Honestly, the C-bills for getting out of an existing contract (especially a perma one, and not made by you) is a general PITA, plus possible loss of the loyalty bonus from the previous contract only serves to annoy.

I don't know what PGI does in its downtime...where it decides contracts should be randomly moved at will for solo players in a faction.

#7 AlmightyAeng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:24 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 29 March 2015 - 04:10 PM, said:

Contact support to address it. Honestly, the C-bills for getting out of an existing contract (especially a perma one, and not made by you) is a general PITA, plus possible loss of the loyalty bonus from the previous contract only serves to annoy.

I don't know what PGI does in its downtime...where it decides contracts should be randomly moved at will for solo players in a faction.

PGI should include another checkbox in the game options:

"Hide Permanent Faction option."

#8 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:27 AM

View PostGhost Badger, on 30 March 2015 - 11:24 AM, said:

PGI should include another checkbox in the game options:

"Hide Permanent Faction option."

TBH, the Perma-Faction option is not as obvious as it looks when you take a look at the contract options. I mean, I guess you could eventually deduce that, but it's not exactly the most obvious thing (like many things in MWO).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users