Isorla/war Trophies

8 replies to this topic

Poll: Isorla/War Trophies (10 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like players to have the option of taking one mech from the opposing faction, using ONLY its techbase, in their CW dropdeck?

1. Yes. (3 votes [30.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

2. Yes, but only with an additional restriction (please explain). (2 votes [20.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

3. No. (5 votes [50.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Aethon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 2,037 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, Niles, Kerensky Cluster

Posted 27 March 2015 - 05:26 AM

Would you like to have the option to add a single mech from the opposing faction (ONLY using its techbase) to your drop deck in CW? Perhaps as a reward for having won a certain number of battles or planets?

For example, using a Zeus instead of a Gargoyle in your Clan dropdeck. Or, perhaps, swapping in a single Timberwolf instead of your Orion in an IS dropdeck.

The idea being, as time goes on, the IS had more and more access to Clan tech, although it would always be a rarity. Clans, on the other hand, often used IS mechs in their garrison forces on their IS worlds, if they were captured intact.

If your answer is no, please share your thoughts.

Edited by Aethon, 27 March 2015 - 08:39 AM.

#2 Kalimaster

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 27 March 2015 - 06:54 AM

Sounds good to me. B)

#3 Huoshini

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 72 posts
  • LocationTip of the spear!

Posted 27 March 2015 - 10:21 AM

Yes but with the restriction of it being stock

#4 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 27 March 2015 - 10:21 AM

I wouldn't want to see this for a long time, at the very least. And for Clans it really doesn't make any sense, as the idea of a trueborn using a battlemech should be insulting to them.

#5 Aethon

• Mercenary
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 10:32 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 27 March 2015 - 10:21 AM, said:

I wouldn't want to see this for a long time, at the very least. And for Clans it really doesn't make any sense, as the idea of a trueborn using a battlemech should be insulting to them.

Not all Clansmen are trueborn, though; there are many freeborn warriors in the ranks of several Clans, mine included.

View PostHuoshini, on 27 March 2015 - 10:21 AM, said:

Yes but with the restriction of it being stock

This would make the whole feature pretty much pointless, though, aside from the Stormcrow Prime and a couple others. CW is hardcore mode, and customized mechs are kind of a must.

#6 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 27 March 2015 - 10:49 AM

View PostAethon, on 27 March 2015 - 10:32 AM, said:

Not all Clansmen are trueborn, though; there are many freeborn warriors in the ranks of several Clans, mine included.

Of that I am well aware, being an Abtakha Elemental ture born House Davion, that being said, no freeborns would be on the front lines.... wait your a Hell's Horse.... never mind, you would rather be in your tank than a mech, you know not of what you speak.

#7 Sundervine

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 131 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 10:58 AM

Great idea, as long as there are restrictions like the stock suggestion earlier in this thread. I would not want clans getting PPFLD and I would not want IS getting their hands on Clan range.

#8 Aethon

• Mercenary
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 11:25 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 27 March 2015 - 10:49 AM, said:

Of that I am well aware, being an Abtakha Elemental ture born House Davion, that being said, no freeborns would be on the front lines.... wait your a Hell's Horse.... never mind, you would rather be in your tank than a mech, you know not of what you speak.

Correct, I would rather be in my tank. :) However, there are plenty of times the Inner Sphere attacks Clan-held worlds.

#9 Christopher Hamilton

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 159 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII, Steiner Sector

Posted 28 March 2015 - 09:45 AM

i would be happy with access to clan M-ER-Lasers and LRMs :)

but it makes sense in canon, but at a high CW Ranking only. people got DCMS Nova Clones before they got Novas. that stuff was highly valued.

also - clanners do actually run in IS mechs sometimes. it is called 2nd line unit or e.g. certain honourable designs. Orion, Warhammer, etc. where considered a rare honour. especially if vintage old founders stock.
"see, i can even lead my clan to victory in a SLDF Orion."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users