This Gamemode Make Me Sick

26 replies to this topic

#1 Broodlapin

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 07:46 AM

premade clan mechs vs pugs 90% of the time. lost rating is at 95% for me, so I get ONE FAIR match out of 20 *pukes*

#2 Kenyon Burguess

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 27 March 2015 - 07:48 AM

View PostBroodlapin, on 27 March 2015 - 07:46 AM, said:

premade clan mechs vs pugs 90% of the time. lost rating is at 95% for me, so I get ONE FAIR match out of 20 *pukes*
you have the ace of spades achievement, so you have some skill, stop pugging and join a unit so you win 19/20 times instead.

#3 Voivode

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 07:49 AM

If you're referring to CW, then yeah, pugging is rough. It's a game mode specifically meant for organized groups so going in with no organized group will put you at a severe disadvantage.

#4 Broodlapin

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 07:49 AM

View PostGeist Null, on 27 March 2015 - 07:48 AM, said:

you have the ace of spades achievement, so you have some skill, stop pugging and join a unit so you win 19/20 times instead.

I've been trying, sadly house davion ts are mostly empty.

#5 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 07:52 AM

View PostBroodlapin, on 27 March 2015 - 07:46 AM, said:

Your grammar 'make me sick.'

Also, just because you're losing doesn't mean it's unfair. It may just be a reflection of your skills.

If not, try a different faction if Davion isn't finding you a team.

Also, as Davion...you're ALWAYS defending someone else since you have no clan border. Go on the attack with another faction...you're FAR more likely to get an organized group to team up with compared to defense.

Edited by Ghost Badger, 27 March 2015 - 07:53 AM.

#6 Broodlapin

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 07:53 AM

View PostGhost Badger, on 27 March 2015 - 07:52 AM, said:

Your grammar 'make me sick.'

Also, just because you're losing doesn't mean it's unfair. It may just be a reflection of your skills.

If not, try a different faction if Davion isn't finding you a team.

Also, as Davion...you're ALWAYS defending someone else since you have no clan border. Go on the attack with another faction...you're FAR more likely to get an organized group to team up with compared to defense.

where your ace of spaces titles?

#7 Strykewolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 394 posts
  • LocationRogue River, Oregon

Posted 27 March 2015 - 08:00 AM

CW as a pug is not the 'trial of fire' that some folks make it out to be. It is the OMGWTFBBQ napalm strike you were not expecting.

#8 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 08:02 AM

View PostBroodlapin, on 27 March 2015 - 07:53 AM, said:

where your ace of spaces titles?

For the record it's "Ace of Spades."

I don't like the clutter the titles cause in game. Unless I get a Deathstar, you won't see a title on me. Sadly, there's no 11 kill achievement lol.

Edit: Changed my mind, lol. I kinda like 'The Hammer.' :)

Edited by Ghost Badger, 30 March 2015 - 08:13 AM.

#9 Broodlapin

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 08:04 AM

Yeah I just need to find a decent premade to join in Davion for this weekend event. Pugging make me cri.

#10 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 08:06 AM

View PostBroodlapin, on 27 March 2015 - 08:04 AM, said:

Yeah I just need to find a decent premade to join in Davion for this weekend event. Pugging make me cri.

Puggin' makes a LOT of people cry. You're not alone, lol.

#11 Repasy Cooper

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 27 March 2015 - 08:24 AM

Here's a PRO TIP:

If you must pug in ComWar, don't pug with 11 other solos. You can now see through the queue interface the number of people who are lined up for the next drop, including which of them are in a faction group. Wait for the drops where you have at least one 4-man in the lineup, better yet a 6-man. You will win your matches more frequently watching for these drops.

If you are pugging and you know with absolute certainty there are active enemy 12-mans, either move to another front or wait to drop with a partial group. You can usually tell when you're likely to face a 12-man (when the blue squares start falling like dominos).

If you're a solo pug you should still attempt to find at least a couple of units to have relations with. If you're on good terms with them they might invite you into group drops when they're down a man. It's also a great opportunity for a solo to experience group play coordination that you will never experience with randoms. Learn enough from group dropping, and you can apply this coordination yourself by taking command confidently while dropping with randoms. Randoms can actually put up a good fight when there's at least one guy in there barking orders who makes sense. But again, I only recommend pugging with randoms after you've absorbed some concept of coordination.

If there's one thing I've learnt from pugging myself, it's to not expect a good game unless you're willing to take command of the battlefield yourself. If you're unwilling, the only other option is to put up & shut up.

#12 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 08:27 AM

The solo non-unit pugs that drop for Davion and its borders tend to be either brand new players or standard droppers that have no concept of tatics from my experience.

If you aren't going to unit up I'd suggest FRR, at least most of the pugs there are dedicated enough to learn and understand the CW tactics, they don't drop in trials, mechs with flamers or xl130 engines either.

Edited by sycocys, 27 March 2015 - 08:29 AM.

#13 Broodlapin

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 08:31 AM

View PostRepasy, on 27 March 2015 - 08:24 AM, said:

Here's a PRO TIP:

If you must pug in ComWar, don't pug with 11 other solos. You can now see through the queue interface the number of people who are lined up for the next drop, including which of them are in a faction group. Wait for the drops where you have at least one 4-man in the lineup, better yet a 6-man. You will win your matches more frequently watching for these drops.

If you are pugging and you know with absolute certainty there are active enemy 12-mans, either move to another front or wait to drop with a partial group. You can usually tell when you're likely to face a 12-man (when the blue squares start falling like dominos).

If you're a solo pug you should still attempt to find at least a couple of units to have relations with. If you're on good terms with them they might invite you into group drops when they're down a man. It's also a great opportunity for a solo to experience group play coordination that you will never experience with randoms. Learn enough from group dropping, and you can apply this coordination yourself by taking command confidently while dropping with randoms. Randoms can actually put up a good fight when there's at least one guy in there barking orders who makes sense. But again, I only recommend pugging with randoms after you've absorbed some concept of coordination.

If there's one thing I've learnt from pugging myself, it's to not expect a good game unless you're willing to take command of the battlefield yourself. If you're unwilling, the only other option is to put up & shut up.

thanks for the tips m8. o7

#14 OldManRae_IS

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 08:34 AM

There are a lot of good Davion Units recruiting.

Check out the Recruitment threads or come check us out.

The Knight Wardens

http://knightwardens.enjin.com/

#15 Repasy Cooper

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 27 March 2015 - 08:53 AM

View PostBroodlapin, on 27 March 2015 - 08:31 AM, said:

thanks for the tips m8. o7

np man, gl & hf. o7

#16 Liquid Leopard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • LocationChesapeake, VA

Posted 27 March 2015 - 09:06 AM

View PostGhost Badger, on 27 March 2015 - 07:52 AM, said:

...try a different faction if Davion isn't finding you a team.

I predict a lot of FRR players are going to come out of the woodwork this weekend. I want my points for this challenge, whether we gain any ground or not.

And, to borrow a quote from a famous Marine:
"Those poor ********. They've got us right where we want them. We can fire in any direction now!"

Edited by Liquid Leopard, 27 March 2015 - 09:46 AM.

#17 Sandersson Jankins

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 352 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 02:21 AM

View PostRepasy, on 27 March 2015 - 08:24 AM, said:

Here's a PRO TIP:

yes Yes YES YES YES

THIS GUY LISTEN TO HIM PLEASE

Be mindful of the drop you're going into; if you see the other side increase by more than 4-6 at a time, BE CAREFUL!

Fighting on IS defense is the HARDEST MODE IN THE GAME. Not because of mech/loadout balance, but because you are most likely to be teamed with newer/inexperienced players.

Please, try fighting under another house. I've had nothing but good times dropping with FRR. Even try some of the filthy clanners!

You've not given enough thought to this. You had bad experiences, so you told people. That is as far as you've taken the issue. Now, please either put some thought to it and adapt so you can have fun in CW, or if you refuse to do this, perhaps stay away from it.

Believe me, I want every MWO player to LOVE CW. I want it to improve and grow. However, if the direction for it remains similar, CW is NOT for everyone.

#18 PerfectDuck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 328 posts
  • LocationLenexa, KS

Posted 28 March 2015 - 06:34 AM

If everyone in CW were in a larger group or an organized TS, then CW would be a better experience for everyone.

#19 Chilly

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 146 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 06:59 AM

Broodlapin,

As Dorian mentioned above, there are a number of Davion units available. Aces Wild is a unit that has been built from the ground up with an emphasis on (preparing for) CW! Stop by and check us out!

www.the-aces.com

#20 Broodlapin

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 02:41 PM

Quick update on my situation, I've found a teamspeak with active players for davion, my win rating went up to 5% form 75% i would say. I'm actually having fun now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users