Your Cinematic Moment

26 replies to this topic

#1 HellJumper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,226 posts
  • LocationIslamabad, pakistan

Posted 27 March 2015 - 09:47 AM

Hello

A cinematic moment is something like a movie stuff..somthing which you see and go wow...

now playing MWO have you ever had those WOW moments? what were those? share with us

i will start with mine.. 2 of them.

1. Map: Alpine
Mech: Jager

Our team of 12 engaged 8 of enemy mehcsnear the open area of the radio tower. due to our superior numbers we were killing them easily and that is when i turned around and saw a Stalker, Awesome along with 2 heavies coming over a small hill at our far rear. it was one of those moments where is just stopped shooting and just looked at them. the way they came up the small hill was just pure beauty to see. offcourse we took them out as well but the way they appeared was just too great imo. reminded me of the phrase "Reinforcements have arrived".

2. Map: Canyon
Mech: battlemaster

our lance of me (battlemaster) and 3 mediums just moved a little bit up to spot whats coming in the canyon down below and presto it wsa the whole enemy team. 4 of us vs 12 of them? Omg we are done for. our rest of the team had gone the completely opposite side so we were the ones who had to hold them off whil they came to our aid..and so it happned.. happened so quicklty that the 4 of engaged them and took out 7 of the enemeis (whilie damaging alost all others). 2 of my lance mate were playing together and man were we happy..it gave me the felling of an superior mech pilot in that moment... 4 taking on 12.. killing 7..a good day to die :D

share your wow moments...

#2 oldradagast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 10:12 AM

Nice battles described there!

A few come to mind:

1) Banshee 3E, some variant of the triple AC 5 build. I lead a charge in a PUG game on Tourmaline - and the team actually followed. For a long period in that match, I felt like a god among insects as the enemy team broke and scattered, and my Banshee was in the center of the battle, mowing down everything. Game ended with a win and some silly score (4 or more kills, 800 to 900+ damage.) You know a match will go well when the real fight begins by blowing apart a King Crab and then advancing through his wreckage into the scattering enemy.

2) Awesome 8T, just me and one light mech left. Dual to the death - and I legged him and killed him. It was rather amusing seeing an Awesome of all things being the last man left alive on both sides.

#3 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 27 March 2015 - 10:56 AM

One of my favorite was back in Beta(IIRC). I was in my D-DC (Gauss/PPC/ SRMs/Lasers) Got into it with 3 Phracts. I thought I was DOne. But I danced! And I shot and danced and shot and danced.

Then I wasn't getting shot any more. 3 Mechs dead! Me hurt but functional... It was sweet.

#4 stjobe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 27 March 2015 - 11:01 AM

So many moments, lost in time like tears in rain...

Just a recent one then.

My team is getting mauled bad by the OPFOR on Tourmaline. I see the writing on the wall and decide what the hell, I'll go out in a blaze of glory. I turn my Panther 10K on the nearest enemy and advance holding down my triggers. To my surprise, I kill him on my third shot. I turn left, see another enemy speeding across a gap in the rocks. Reflexively, I pull the ERPPC trigger - and kill him. As I sit stunned by the sheer luck of that shot, I start to take fire from behind, so I head towards a rock crest, wanting to jump over it to get cover and run away. As I jump over the crest, I turn in the air to fire a parting shot at my assailant - and kill him.

That was just too much, I start laughing and get killed shortly after in a 12-4 or perhaps 12-5 loss.

5 PPC shots, 3 kills. That's pretty cinematic :)

#5 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 27 March 2015 - 11:58 AM

Was Canyon Network...i was running the ever so unpopular Mist Lynx-C with ECM and One ERPPC.

The match started much like any other, a few leeroys in the beggining and both sides are down 2 or 3 mechs and things start to heat up. I find myself near the enemy base by the bridge in the back using my ECM and long range weapons to there full advantage. Poptart is this mechs middle name and each thrust of my Jump Jets is followed by an ERPPC on an enemy torso! But I notice our team dwindling and start to feel the pressure to do more damage and try to help my team. The score is now 3-6 in favor of the enemy. I make my move!

I run for the high ground around theta firing ERPPC's as fast as my little mech can! I come face to face with a heavily injured Dragon. *THUMP* I hit him CT with a lucky ERPPC and down he goes...4-6. I continue my push for the high ground in the middle of the map to assist my injured and diminishing team mates. They had lost their ECM coverage and were getting some flack from a LRM Atlas down in the canyon under heavy cover from his teammates. I take a scan of the battlefield and realize how out numberd i am not only out numbered but out tonned. 1 Atlas', 1 warhawk, 1 Hunchback and an unknown mech still block my path to victory, The score is now 8-10 and the enemy knows it has us on our heels. THEY PUSH and I see my teammate go down! I run for some better cover and to put some range between me and the enemy!

After a few seconds of successful evasion I turn to fire a ERPPC at the mechs at theta from the ridge behind it and BOOM, I loss my Left Leg! "S%#T!!!" well this is getting tougher by the second. I see the mech that legged me a heavily hurt Hunchback we exchange shots my first ERPPC hits hard! He scatters lasers on me, my seconds PPC misses wide! He also Misses most of his fire...grazing my already hurt remaining leg. My Third ERPPC lances out hitting the HBK in his Crit left torso and POP down he goes. "9-10 Well there is some stat padding...time to die."

I head back for theta where the remaining enemies are, legged and gimping the whole way, but I realize they dont know where I am and are heading for the location the HBK died at. FOOLS! I perch myself behind theta, Knowing I cant move I find cover on the middle ledge that is halfway down all the ledges on canyon. I see this as a great way to keep cover and use my JJ's to poptart up for ERPPC shots and use it to full advantage! I drop the First mech I see, the LRM ATLAS! He didn't last long and a few ERPPCS to his back dropped him before he even knew where I was, but the gig was up and they were heading for me! I see the last and calm my nerve for my final fight! 10-11 maybe I have a chance?

I sit and wait "patience will pay off" i say to myself and it does, here come my next victim! The Warhawk comes to the high ground on theta, i see him the whole way letting my ERPPC's fly! He come to the ledge very hurt, smoking and limping guns blazing the whole way from both of us. I Jump Jet up for my final blow and hit succesfully, Down he goes! 11-11, in thinking i got this in the bag! The last assault approches, he is a medium damaged Atlas with a brawler build and each time i pop up he is missing with his AC/20 and the SRM's are still to far out to hit...this is my chance! I hit him RT again and again! He is starting to back up now! Not quite sure where i am on the ridge. I am slowly moving back and forth, keeping him guessing and not really approaching the ledge. But he quickly makes a decision and decided to close range so he can use his weapons.

Lady luck was on my side, before he makes it to the ledge I hit him and Crit his AC/20! Looking better keep it up! My team is cheering me on and in pure disbelief at this point, the enemy is speechless. The atlas keeps walking closer, my nerves are getting to me and i and missing my shots! I gotta calm down and i try to repositiong on the opposite edge near the tower but still on the middle ledge. The atlas still walks closer yet and comes to the edge, He looks over and sees me, firing he misses and i realize he cannot look down far enough to shoot me. " YOUR MINE!" I let the ERPPC's fly from a standstill. Then i poptart up changing my position best i can to keep him on his feet. The last ERPPC juts out! BOOM, Atlas Down!

The song of my people (victory tune) plays, my team cheers and i walk out like a F%$*ing BOSS!

Posted Image

Edited by DarthRevis, 27 March 2015 - 12:24 PM.

#6 WarHippy

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 12:14 PM

Mine was on the first night of CW. I was standing on top of the ramps on the attackers side by the gate when the enemy team came flooding out pushing my team back, and I in my Hunchback dropped down in the middle of them to buy some time for my team to reorganize much like Gimli in the Two Towers when the wall was breached. The chaos and the laughs I created with my dwarvish looking Hunchback was awesome. Considering the "Archer" hasn't been added yet I pretty sure I'm winning on the numbers count. B)

#7 Gamuray

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 866 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 12:18 PM

My favorite one:

Map: Alpine
Mech: Jagermech-DD (2 ac5, 2 ac2)

The match started n conquest, so the lances were decently spread. My lance is mostly mediums/lights other than me. I go straight down the middle of Alpine (spawned on higher side of middle conquest spawns, where epi, theta,and kappa are) and spot a few enemy mechs, their whole heavy lance. My Jager's cannons start going off with one arm fired after the other and held down, -boom bang bang bangboom bang bang bang boom bang bang boom- (like that kinda, it sounds really nice ;) ) I take out two enemy heavies that came to greet me easily, a dragon tries to flee to the right behind the small hill, but I take him out before he gets there. A thunderbolt is hiding behind the cap point, so I shoot his leg and he tries to run too, having seen the other 3 mechs dispatched, he gets behind the hill, to be confronted with my lancemates, which turn him around back to me where he dies quickly. One lance taken out almost entirely by me alone. I head right, where another lance is fighting a lance of lights and mediums. I come in and in a few seconds finish two off. A cicada take a bit longer to kill, and then a jenner is the last one, legged and subject to no mercy by my cannons. Two entire lances that I got kills from, now just barely crit to the ct. Our third lance then finishes off the last enemy lance at the upper cap point (by i9 hill, base).

Three all out slug outs, an my Jager only stopped shooting once before 8 enemies died.

The definition of fun was invented that match. Well, for me anyways, likely not for the opposition.

#8 Nothing Whatsoever

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 27 March 2015 - 12:18 PM

Floating through the air with my Mist Lynx.

I've had a few times where I'd float over an opponent, firing my SPLs and with their CT being cherry red, some times you can get the damage to register for a kill as you're still in the air.

#9 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 27 March 2015 - 12:29 PM

I had a running kung fu movie JJ fight between my SHD and a Jester on Canyon, both of us dancing along the walls of the canyon, trying to finish the other. I can't even describe the whole sequence but it was like something out of Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.

Dang I miss jump jets.

#10 Gamuray

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 866 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 12:29 PM

Another one would be some random pug match in terra therma, when the Atlas-S was released. I ended up in a lance entirely composed of 2 atlas-s, 1 d-dc, and something else (K or RS or something). Without a word, we formed up close together and went of clockwise, opposite our allies. Every enemy we cam across vaporized. We walk over a hill, eney atlas in our faces, dead in 4 seconds. Stalker? 3. An enemy lance? Not even a problem. It was fantastic, the power was real.

#11 Flak Kannon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 581 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 01:04 PM

Hi Hell,

There have been many, many memorable matches for me.

I like to tell this story. It makes me :)

5 days after the first quirk'ening. All the talk is about the Thunderbolt wub master. I played it a bit. It's lack of range plagued my medium distance play style. I played my Awesome Pretty Boy a bit (enjoi'ed those rapid fire LL; fun), then I made my way to the Dragon 1N..

I loaded up 2 AC5's, 2 ML, a cool down module and a range module for them ac5s. Being a Kurita Pilot, I made it my job to MASTER the Dragons pre quirk. That was a painful month of playing, let me tell you. All Dragon's Mastered pre quirk.. still makes me shudder...

So a random PUG drop on Crimson Straight. Our team takes the top platform. I settle back, as I usually do in my Dragon, ready to run the hell away... what Dragons used to do best. The other team proceeds to saddle rush us, about of 6-7 us on top.Our Lights attempted to tunnel run them.

At that point it became a game of Whack a Mole with my AC5's. No one yet knew how strong the DPS was on these things.

I lose about 3-4 of my teammates on the top from their group rush of 6-10 mechs. I got the kill shot on 4 during the initial push. At this point I started feeling the power of the Twin AC5 Dragon 1N.

4 of them put their mechs in reverse, then hung back over the ridge line., poking their heads over to pot shot us remaining at the base under the platform, and on top the platform. Our lights that ran the tunnel killed their lights and were starting harrassing them from behind, so the remaining 4 come over the top guns blazing. A Timberwolf, a Direwolf, and couple mediums.

I fired up the XL300, started zig zagging on the the top platform and laid into them with the twin AC5 machine gun. I drop the remaining 4; at this point I had lost count of my kills, but was so jazzed!

The End screen pops up. 8 Kills 1465 damage.

I have reproduced 1400+ 8 kill games a few other times in my Dragon 1N. Besides my Huggin, and my Ilya Muromets, one of my most lethal mechs in my stable.

#12 Asrrin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 200 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 March 2015 - 01:09 PM

I was in the back entrance of the tunnel in Crimson Straight in my Dual Gauss Illya. Our team was down by one but it was a pretty close and intense match. I poke my head out of the tunnel to see a cherry red torso Centurion standing there not looking in my direction. I line up my Gauss and let lead fly.

At that exact moment an enemy raven jumps down from the top of the tunnel directly into my line of fire. I curse out over comms for him ruining my shot, but then I see it.

My log showed two kills in my name appear simultaneously. I couldn't believe it. one of the Gauss rounds somehow whiffed right through his legs and hit the Centurion, while the other one critted him and killed him in one shot.

The enemy team was so shocked by what happened that their morale broke and we ended up sweeping the rest of the team, with me cackling in comms the rest of the night. I so wish I was able to screenshot that moment.

#13 Lightfoot

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 27 March 2015 - 01:47 PM

Which one?

#14 terrycloth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 769 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 01:55 PM

Crimson Bay... the enemy has at least four LRM mechs set up on the ledge overlooking the side tunnel entrance, and most of our team is underground. I was out hiding behind a building in a short-range Atlas-S blowing up some mech or other. Someone on the team calls for a push.

So I walk out into the open to push, and there's no one else with me. They're pushing the *tunnel*. But I'm too slow to retreat, all I can do is twist to take the LRM spam on my arms as I trudge across the killing ground to try to get in range to fire.

A Timberwolf and a Raven pop out the side entrance right in front of me, chased out by the actual push. BOOM, dead Raven. Series of smaller booms... dead Timberwolf eventually. LRMs are still raining. The good news is that they were hitting my back armor while I was firing at the Timberwolf at least?

Eventually, I get to the other side of the field with no armor and most of my weapons gone... just in time to watch the rest of the team swarm the LRM mechs and destroy them from behind, since they were focused on me the whole time.

Me, in chat: "I'm going to pretend that that was on purpose."

#15 Sauce Tomate

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 32 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta

Posted 27 March 2015 - 02:08 PM

Crimson Straight

Mech: Commando 1D

So one day while bored I decided to run a pug match. I brought out my Commando 1D, who'm I've nicknamed the "1 Armed Bandit". 2 ML (Right arm) 2 SRM 2 (CT)

So like many pug matches, my team ends up splitting up and slowly but surely is dead. I continually do hit and run attacks, but never stray too far from the larger group.

8-11

So my team starts telling me that they're damaged as I'm running through the lower city area. I take a left turn and see a Timberwolf with a crit'd rear CT and splat him with the lasers and SRMs.

9-11

I run up the hill and towards the rear of the tunnel now, jumping under the garage structure and into the tunnel. What do I find? A legged Yen-Lo-Wang Centurion. He fires and misses with his AC20. Instinctually I hit aim left and hit him in the AC20, and whiz by him. Then I turned around and with a few fast volleys of SRM2 and Med Lasers to his healthy leg (The SRM 2 Cooldown module is sweet, btw.), he falls busted to the ground.

10-11

After the Centurion falls, I hear the sound of machine guns behind me spraying and a burst of a Large Laser. My right arm and two medium lasers flies off. Well, this sucks now. I turn around and without even targetting the enemy (It was a Spider-5K), I missiled his torso and he fell. He was probably red-CT'ed.

11-11

One left. My teammates are writing in the chatPosted Image trying to help me at this point. I have no idea what it is I'm fighting. I run for the end of the tunnel and towards the rear upper city and there's an Atlas-D-DC with his SRM torso ripped off. He has a critted rear CT and a red-armored front CT. I go to twist around him and fire off a few volleys of SRMs. He is critted red.
He turns and hits my leg with the AC20, snapping it cleanPosted Image off. Now we are staring at eachother. I am SRMing his CT non-stop, and his AC20 is reloading. He AC20's me again, somehow hitting my left arm(which has no hardpoints and at this point I was suprised I still had) I hit him two more times with SRMs and he falls.

It was a good fun match of clean-up and resulted in me having 5 kills in a Commando.

Edited by Sauce Tomate, 27 March 2015 - 04:56 PM.

#16 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 27 March 2015 - 02:09 PM

From back in the Beta (IIRC it was still CB at the time), I was rolling in my AS7-D on Frozen City, using a brawler build.

A pair of our lights rushed off and swiftly killed an enemy, only to die in turn. Meanwhile a pair of enemy lights came through the cave and tried to hit our rear. A single ally and I turned and fought while the last four of our team attacked the enemy head-on. The two lights dropped my companion, but I killed them both. Then I glanced up at the scoreboard - 3-7. I had 5 more enemies to face, solo, and one of them was an LRM Catapult.

My team was bemoaning the loss in chat and the enemy was getting cocky. They started rushing to get the last kill, overly eager and greedy.

First one to came into my view, AC20 to the chest and down it went. Next one, a full volley of all my guns and he dropped. Third one I had to fight for a bit, giving the LRM boat a chance to unload on me some, but then I killed him and the LRM Cat lost his spotter. Fourth one I reflex killed with a single shot as he rounded a corner. That meant it was just me against the Catapult.

He used his range advantage and jump jets to excellent effect, but then a miracle happened - he ran out of ammo. All he had left were a few popgun secondaries. Unfortunately, I was very nearly cored with no armor anywhere and cherry red internals. It was going to be something of a quick-draw when he finally got close.

He rounded a corner and we both fired. Tie. I walked away with 7 kills, but he managed to get a simultaneous kill and deny us the win.

Another one that still remains with me was in my Jenner, also back in Beta days. It was my 4 SL 2 SRM4 JR7-D on Caustic Valley.

It was late game and we'd been pretty well crushed. I and an Atlas were the only friendlies still up, against three enemy Atlases. We were in the caldera and I was doing my best to dance around while my buddy took advantage of the distraction to kill them. Then, tragedy struck - I lost a leg.

Legged and in the middle of the three enemy Atlases I was sure I was doomed. I picked the nearest one and fired everything, and lo and behold he exploded. I turned and caught a second one, in the midst of slugging it out with my ally. Together we fried him in short order, leaving only the final enemy Atlas. We turned our guns on him and he ended, leaving me alive in my legged Jenner surrounded by the corpses of enemy most-heavies.

#17 Vandul

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,342 posts
  • LocationYork, New

Posted 27 March 2015 - 03:07 PM

In closed beta, 8v8 on Caustic. Down to me in my 4G Hunchie, 1 AC20 round left. Last Enemy is an AS7D stalking me. Im cutting across the lower rim of the cauldera, Fatlas pops over, misses with his AC20, he spins his torso, I spin my torso, snapshot.

Boom. Headshot.

Best.
Game.
Evar.

#18 Nemesis Duck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 03:19 PM

Nose stall in a light:

While battling, find a lip, move and JJ towards the edge, press 0% throttle mid air so when you land you're stopped on the lip. (A nose stall). Face your enemy, full reverse and JJ off the lip. Fire mid air at your enemy. They will be stunned!

#19 MechWarrior3671771

• 2,021 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 27 March 2015 - 05:39 PM

Map: Canyon Network
Mech: Raven 3L

I'm still new, but scouting very aggressively. I flank so far that I wind up behind the enemy's main line. A stormcrow (my nemesis) spots me and comes after me. I realize I am losing on alpha trades (am now red and orange all over) so I decide to bug out.

The Stormcrow has other ideas. I run and dodge and weave but I can't shake him. His lasers are dancing all over my hull as I frantically try to find cover. By now my adrenaline is dialed up to 11. Get off me! Get off me! I'm so crit all over that if you sneezed on me I would die.

Finally, by some miracle, I lose him and turn the corner to find my assaults. I take a deep breath and settle into formation, crest the hill, and what do I see? That damn stormcrow returning to his line! I reflex fire 2ERLs and hit him CT, and I shout at the monitor like raving lunatic "I'm still here b****!" as he explodes.

My wife is in the room and is laughing hysterically at my intensity. Best MWO experience to date :)

Edited by Fenrisulvyn, 27 March 2015 - 05:41 PM.

#20 wolf74

• 1,272 posts
  • LocationMidland, TX

Posted 27 March 2015 - 05:42 PM

I was running around in my Support Commando (Who is now Outlawed by PGI)

Commando Nick Name CP3o (painted the Brightest Yellow the game had at the time)
Com-2d,
ECM, BAP, Narc (1ton ammo), AMS(1 ton ammo), Tag Laser

Was Running around River City Night Narcing and Tagging for my LRM Boats. Come around a Corner to Jagger Mech, Fire the Narc Hit it in the CT and the Mech Dies... My best Kill Ever 0 Damage, 1 Kill, Lot of assist.

Another Game We had Killed most of the enemy but a Light Runner so we goto their base and start Capping, My Raven was shot all to hell Red CT, Red RT and Red Right Leg. As a Joke of the guys (we all on Teamspeak) Rakes a Small Laser over my Leg, the Damage Kills the the Right leg, Damage Tranfer to the RT wipe it out and the Transfers to the CT and Cores me. The other Members of the Group were about ready to TK him for killing me.

The 3rd time is some where on Youtube. Where Me another Light were doing a Dance of Death around a Enemy Team, I take a really bad CT hit so I am as bright red as it can get. For some reason we criscrossed our paths and the damage from the light bump between our two mech kills me in a Glores Melee attack :P

Edited by wolf74, 27 March 2015 - 05:45 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users