Hey Guys Lets Talk A Bit About Clan Balance

197 replies to this topic

#21 Funkmaster Rick

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • 184 posts
  • Locationis just an illusion.

Posted 28 March 2015 - 06:43 AM

There is a lot of misinformation in this thread.

#22 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 06:53 AM

View PostMirumoto Izanami, on 28 March 2015 - 06:10 AM, said:

Balance between clan and IS is pretty close. Yes there are a few IS mechs that could stand a slight adjustment downwards in their quirks, still, and there are also a few IS mechs that could stand some tuning upwards (oh woe are the Highlanders and Victors). And clan mechs could use the unlocking of ferro and endo options, to help under performing chassis, and Clan AC weapons could do with a reduction of 'shots fired'. But overall, its not far off from being reasonably balanced (if it isn't already).

And while there are more "viable" IS mechs than Clan mechs, thats just a factor of there simply being more IS mechs available. The percentage of viable IS mechs falls in line with the percentage of viable Clan mechs (and the next wave should help increase the percentage greatly - AC, SCAT, and CB).

If you're actually overheating every five seconds, and not just resorting to poor hyperbole to get some imaginary point across, then you have problems, and it isn't clan tech.

ITs not hard to over heat CLan tech every 5 seconds. Meta? Laser vomit. Clan lasers? Hotter then hell. Fire all your like 8 Lasers together twice? Over heat...lol. Warhawk wtih 4x LPL, if I fire all 4 of them twice, back ot back as soon as the CD is over, over heat...even with 28 DHS...

Now, I dont fire them like that, but still..its not entirely impossible or hard to do.

#23 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 28 March 2015 - 06:54 AM

View PostHillslam, on 28 March 2015 - 01:17 AM, said:

The only thing they sell are mechs. Think about that.

CW had groups going IS v IS from day 1. In fact before day1 groups were planning to go IS v IS.
So according to the CW map we see:
-IS vs IS
-Clan vs IS
-almost no clan vs clan

That tells me when players want an even fight they are playing IS v IS.
when they want a challenge they play IS vs clan.
when they want easymode they play clan vs IS.
and we see that players who are running clan mechs dont want an even fight when they drive them, as proven by the near total lack of clan v clan on the CW map.

Its not arguable - if they did there'd be a ton of clan v clan and the CW map would look VERY different.

You have no idea what you are talking about...

Clans dont fight clans because THERE IS NO REASON!

Also, If you knew what you were talking about or paid attention to the early days of CW the CLANS fought the hell out of each other. Found out who was tougher then who and the squabbling stopped.

Nice try to bash clanners though ****** passive aggressive Clams is OP line? If you think clans are OP just say it, dont hide it in your text bud. thats what cowards do.

Also IS vs Clams is easy mode, we have no advantages over you and no quirks to speak of outside Clan XL engines which are taking a hit soon enough.

#24 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 28 March 2015 - 06:54 AM

View PostFunkmaster Rick, on 28 March 2015 - 06:43 AM, said:

There is a lot of misinformation in this thread.

Par for the course. Although my replies are always tactfull, polite, on topic, and interesting. I pride myself in being correct and informative. haha :lol:

Edited by Johnny Z, 28 March 2015 - 06:58 AM.

#25 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 06:57 AM

View PostHillslam, on 28 March 2015 - 01:17 AM, said:

The only thing they sell are mechs. Think about that.

CW had groups going IS v IS from day 1. In fact before day1 groups were planning to go IS v IS.
So according to the CW map we see:
-IS vs IS
-Clan vs IS
-almost no clan vs clan

That tells me when players want an even fight they are playing IS v IS.
when they want a challenge they play IS vs clan.
when they want easymode they play clan vs IS.
and we see that players who are running clan mechs dont want an even fight when they drive them, as proven by the near total lack of clan v clan on the CW map.

Its not arguable - if they did there'd be a ton of clan v clan and the CW map would look VERY different.

IF clans were so OP, then CLan pug vs IS Pug would equal a Clan win more then 80% of the time, atk, or defense....as it is, not even close. Ive done Clan vs IS, IS vs Clan, CLan vs Clan, IS vs IS. NEver is it a sweeping number of wins either way, it really boils down to which side got the premades on it. If it is actually pug vs pug, its usually who ever is on defense wins.

#26 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 28 March 2015 - 07:01 AM

View PostJohnny Z, on 28 March 2015 - 12:14 AM, said:

I agree. Nerf the Cheese Wolf and Cheese crow cannot be said enough. Nerf the other two OP clan mechs also but in a small way.

What are the other two OP clan mechs that need a nerf?

#27 Zolaz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 28 March 2015 - 07:03 AM

Nerf the Doomcrow, Timbergod and the Arctic Cheater before it is released.

#28 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 07:06 AM

View PostDarthRevis, on 28 March 2015 - 07:01 AM, said:

Hes gunna say DWF and HBR.

Bur DWF? I dont think its that OP. ITs big as a battleship and slow as the bismarck...after the Swordfish attack..Its only advantage is the number of guns. Almost anything can circle jerk it, its only good when stuff is to tis front, hardly OP imo. The number of times I see a DWF lumber forward and promptly get nuked is alot higher then the number of DWFs I see roll forward and dominate the entire enemy team.

THen HBR, OP only cuz it has ECM? Other wise, it seems to be an OK mech. I personally, so far, dont like mine....cant seem to find a loadout taht doesnt make me puke at how poor the damage on it is....

Even the SCR/TBR, are they really so OP? SCR moves well, but it doesnt seem to be that amazingly OP...it dies like the rest of them.....and if its "Cuz a comp team ***** us with one" is the arguement, then that is no arguement. TBR/SCR good mechs? Sure... OP? I dont think so.

#29 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 07:06 AM

View PostZolaz, on 28 March 2015 - 07:03 AM, said:

Nerf the Doomcrow, Timbergod and the Arctic Cheater before it is released.

Well said lol.

The balance isnt that bad as others have said. Some minor adjustments to a few game mechanics and some more quirks and a few minor nerfs and it will be super close.

#30 Mirumoto Izanami

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 07:10 AM

View PostLordKnightFandragon, on 28 March 2015 - 06:53 AM, said:

ITs not hard to over heat CLan tech every 5 seconds. Meta? Laser vomit. Clan lasers? Hotter then hell. Fire all your like 8 Lasers together twice? Over heat...lol. Warhawk wtih 4x LPL, if I fire all 4 of them twice, back ot back as soon as the CD is over, over heat...even with 28 DHS...

Now, I dont fire them like that, but still..its not entirely impossible or hard to do.

Oh, I'm aware its not impossible to do. I'm just saying, if a player is overheating every five seconds, then there's an issue, and it isn't clan tech. You actually alluded to the problem in your post.

#31 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 07:11 AM

View PostDarthRevis, on 28 March 2015 - 07:01 AM, said:

The Loki and DW. Although the DW nerf should be super minor and the loki's to.

Name two mechs on the IS side that can bring to the table what those mechs can. You will have an answer, Im sure but it wont be a fair one, maybe close, but thats the kind of nerf im talking about.

I have no idea what they will come up with for any nerfs concerning OP Omni mechs though. The Cheese Crow is the worste, and I look forward to when I dont have to call it the Cheese Crow any more.

#32 Strykewolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 394 posts
  • LocationRogue River, Oregon

Posted 28 March 2015 - 07:17 AM

I think that there are quite a few folks that do not understand the whole 'clans have superior tech' idea. It's supposed to be a rough fight for those of us in the IS. We're supposed to get our behinds handed to us for some time until we, the IS houses, get our acts together and field newer technology and captured clan tech, in response. This will take time...

((FRR may, or may not, have captured several clan mechs already...but, given the nature of the whole 'drunken space Viking' thing...gotta wait until we're momentarily sober for us to begin copying the technology. )) :ph34r:

Edited by Strykewolf, 28 March 2015 - 07:17 AM.

#33 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 07:21 AM

View PostLordKnightFandragon, on 28 March 2015 - 06:57 AM, said:

IF clans were so OP, then CLan pug vs IS Pug would equal a Clan win more then 80% of the time, atk, or defense....as it is, not even close. Ive done Clan vs IS, IS vs Clan, CLan vs Clan, IS vs IS. NEver is it a sweeping number of wins either way, it really boils down to which side got the premades on it. If it is actually pug vs pug, its usually who ever is on defense wins.

Funny the ONE CW game I got into was a pure Kurita pug ( I was solo dropping) against a CSJ with a 6 man.

.....we won.

#34 Vocis

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 07:25 AM

Clans aren't overpowered.

The Stormcrow and Timberwolf are.

#35 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 28 March 2015 - 07:28 AM

View PostVocis, on 28 March 2015 - 07:25 AM, said:

Which sadly are 80% of the mechs used in CW by the clans.

#36 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 07:29 AM

View PostYokaiko, on 28 March 2015 - 07:21 AM, said:

Funny the ONE CW game I got into was a pure Kurita pug ( I was solo dropping) against a CSJ with a 6 man.

.....we won.

Clans so OP!!!!

I to got into a pug defense drop vs a combined 8 man of CGBI abd CGSI and we as the IS scrubs won as well. CLans OP...so OP lol.

Now, as I play my Zeus, I am finding them to be alot more enjoyable then my CLan mechs. So far, 800+ dmg 5k game, 2k, 650 dmg, and just now 560, 3k......

I know playing on my dad's PC, where I get 40FPS is helping, but IS just seem easier and better in many regards. THe faster beam duration, the lower overall weapon heat.....it just makes for a deadlier mech. Clans, like the World of Tanks American T34 Heavy, pay so dearly so they can pack in a negligible damage advantage and a meaningless range advantage.....

Zeu with 2 AC5, 3 MPL and my other ZEU with 1 ERLL, 1 LL, 2 MPL just seems to be so much better then anything I put together on my Clan mechs. Best Clan loadout I had was 2LL/2LPL/ASRM6, got a few good games out of it. My Zeus have 12 kills in 4 games. Only 1 death. My Warhawks are all in the negative.

Idk, the more I play this game, and I never thought I would say this, but the more I like the IS stuff....it just seems more functional...fits the games meta better or something.

Edited by LordKnightFandragon, 28 March 2015 - 07:31 AM.

#37 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 07:40 AM

View PostVocis, on 28 March 2015 - 07:25 AM, said:

You have Thunderbolt and Grasshopper, both of which can match or exceed a Timberwolf in firepower, Thud flat out tanks better, I have a Grasshopper that goes the same speed, jumps, and has basically the same loadout as a Timber, Thud -5SS can choose between long or short range, and do either with better heat efficiency.

You have Wolverine 6K and Enforcer -4R both of which pack 3 llas with 2 mlas, far far exceed the sustained fire of a Stormcrow (which is around 86% after two laser cycles firing 2-2-2) Enforcer jumps, saves 5 tons on the drop deck and doesn't have to expose its entire CT to fire its llas. Wolverine.

You have Dragon -1N Direwolf DPS, without the lightbait speed, turning radius of an 18 wheeler or whatnot, it never jams, never overheats, and only has to worry about running out of 10-12 tons of ammo.

You have Stalkers, I have two that I CW with, -4N of course, which outdamages, out tanks, out DPSs and out alpha's basically every non-streakboat Clan CW build, runs nearly the speed of a Warhawk, without downsides of being a big knuckle dragging brick that everyone focuses. You also have the -5S which is loaded like a Timberwolf, plus dual AMS and dual SRM4, same speed more firepower better tanking does everything a Timber does except is has better hardpoint locations and moves slower (ok a lot) slower.

#38 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 07:44 AM

View PostYokaiko, on 28 March 2015 - 07:40 AM, said:

You have Thunderbolt and Grasshopper, both of which can match or exceed a Timberwolf in firepower, Thud flat out tanks better, I have a Grasshopper that goes the same speed, jumps, and has basically the same loadout as a Timber, Thud -5SS can choose between long or short range, and do either with better heat efficiency.

You have Wolverine 6K and Enforcer -4R both of which pack 3 llas with 2 mlas, far far exceed the sustained fire of a Stormcrow (which is around 86% after two laser cycles firing 2-2-2) Enforcer jumps, saves 5 tons on the drop deck and doesn't have to expose its entire CT to fire its llas. Wolverine.

You have Dragon -1N Direwolf DPS, without the lightbait speed, turning radius of an 18 wheeler or whatnot, it never jams, never overheats, and only has to worry about running out of 10-12 tons of ammo.

You have Stalkers, I have two that I CW with, -4N of course, which outdamages, out tanks, out DPSs and out alpha's basically every non-streakboat Clan CW build, runs nearly the speed of a Warhawk, without downsides of being a big knuckle dragging brick that everyone focuses. You also have the -5S which is loaded like a Timberwolf, plus dual AMS and dual SRM4, same speed more firepower better tanking does everything a Timber does except is has better hardpoint locations and moves slower (ok a lot) slower.

LOL, DWF doesnt even have a turning radius as good as an 18 Wheeler.....those actually fit inside of truckstops and stuff....try the rudder jammed Bismarck......that is the DWF in terms of mobility.

BUt Clans OP!

Edited by LordKnightFandragon, 28 March 2015 - 07:44 AM.

#39 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 07:46 AM

View PostYokaiko, on 28 March 2015 - 07:40 AM, said:

If this were accurate, which it isnt, then Omni mechs wouldnt be getting balancing adjustments.

Were you the same guy that was argueing that Omni mechs were not OP before quirks?

Either way its nice to see a House Kurita player defend the OP Clan Omni mechs so well.

#40 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 07:48 AM

View PostJohnny Z, on 28 March 2015 - 07:46 AM, said:

Either way its nice to see a House Kurita player defend the OP Clan Omni mechs so well.

Guess again, I'm a merc and we usually swing between CSJ and Kurita, because that is where the units we like to work with live.

You see, PGI caves to whiners, its what they do its what they ALWAYS have done and I can put a VERY long cause effect post going back to when the Centurion was the new hotness in the game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users