6 replies to this topic

#1 Phreeseed

Rookie

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 11:05 AM

Hi

This frustration I'm trying to hide when I type this, is nigh immeasurable.
I'm not saying my Factions matches are won and lost one one pilot, but it sure as **** changes the dynamics.

SORT THE DAMN CODE OUT!!!!! After at least a SEMI decent experience the previous day, I'm treated to this absolute rubbish today. To make matters worse, it's after I spend $100, making me feel an even larger fool.... compounded by the "UNKOWN ERROR" I got when it was trying to redeem the F&*#$*&# content to my account.

Again, I know this comes across as a peeved post, and it's because I am. The last time I played MWO was 2 odd years ago, and the game was near 90% more stable than 2 days worth of what I've experienced.

Please, for the love of all that is good, sort this out.

EDIT: Sometimes it pays to calm down.... and even just after being DC'd from joining a game AGAIN, I am more level headed. Do you guys understand how frustrating it is? Not only as THE player affected, but for the rest of the team who's now down a man, thanks to this??? I actually just gave up re-trying to login as well, so this time they really are a man down. I cannot believe this is an acceptable state.

Some background: From South Africa, on a 10mbps connection.
Games that currently work fine: LoL, D3, Heroes of the Storm, Warframe, STO and 1 or two others I've probably forgotten. What I'm saying is this is not my connection. Other internationally based MMOs work fine.

Edited by Phreeseed, 28 March 2015 - 01:41 PM.

#2 Telmasa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 05:44 PM

You're trying to get a stable connection to servers located in Canada - from South Africa? Good luck....

There's a whole pandora's box of factors that affect your ping & the reliability of your connection that you seem to either be unaware of or are not considering.

I for a fact know that I have a sometimes-spotty, could-be-better, but usually-stable connection. MW:O is more stable, or as stable, as many other MMO games that I've played.

Edited by Telmasa, 28 March 2015 - 05:44 PM.

#3 gloowa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 645 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:07 AM

OP, you need to realize that most likely your trans-atlantic connections are ran by Level3, [citation] and no amount of "sorting out" the net code will help with L3 throttling policy and abhorrent packet loss. Also, there are some other limitations like, for instace, speed of light. From central Europe to Canada it takes ~30ms for the light to travel. So thats 60ms minimum round trip, in ideal conditions (light beam travelling from server to PC through vacuum). You live farther away than central Europe. I don't think net code changes will allow for breaking the speed of light. If you had good experience for a long time and suddenly it broke, blame whover your ISP has a contract for T1 network access.

[tin-foil-hat-on]Also L3 nodes serve as NSA information gathering points.[/tin-foil-hat-off]

Edited by gloowa, 30 March 2015 - 11:10 AM.

#4 cSand

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:51 AM

View PostPhreeseed, on 28 March 2015 - 11:05 AM, said:

Hi
Other internationally based MMOs work fine.

Technically this game's not internationally-based. It has servers in Canada (right now) and that's it.

Down the road they may add international servers if the game grows enough, but time will tell.

a 10mb connection from South Africa though... hoo boy. I don't think the netcode is your problem TBH

#5 Phreeseed

Rookie

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 10:31 AM

Look.... I get that my ire got the best of me in my original post.... not being able to connect for an entire match, only to join when we were being spawn camped, was the final straw.

I'm not expecting them to change the internet. I am expecting them to get on level with at another small developer like Cryptic (STO) who also ONLY have a server situated in the USA. I know my latency will be high, as it is in STO (280-300ms), however I seem to do just fine. Constantly having to try and connect to one game 4 or 5 times is a joke.

Once I'm in, I stay in and all is well. Getting in is another matter entirely.

#6 Summon3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 31 March 2015 - 11:10 AM

OP you are far from alone, personally i dont have conn issues but i play with guys nightly that live right next to the servers basically and still get disco'd many many times per night.

#7 Telmasa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 01:21 PM

View PostSummon3r, on 31 March 2015 - 11:10 AM, said:

OP you are far from alone, personally i dont have conn issues but i play with guys nightly that live right next to the servers basically and still get disco'd many many times per night.

There's literally all kinds of possiblities for that - like whether a microwave or wireless phone happens to be active. (It's happened to me, albeit with older phones & microwaves).

Like I said earlier, figuring out connection stability opens up a whole slew of variables and factors that have to be accounted for.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users