A Couple Of Tips From A Noob

40 replies to this topic

#21 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 30 March 2015 - 05:48 AM

The laser pointer doesn't work so well in application because you have to lead your targets to strike with your ballistics and PPCs. It's a nice thought though. :)

#22 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 06:01 AM

Also for the bigger cicada you need to be looking at the catapault-k2 or the Jester. The Jester I can attest to being a fantastic 3rd mech with great closing speed for cleanup duty. A lot of any mech is sticking with them until you actually master them though, and not just master their skill tree it takes much longer to really nail down the nuances of a chassis.

Seriously come check out OLD, we are on the FRR hub, and have a raidcall as our primary- we have a lot of guys that are veterans of the game and are more than willing to guide you into a drop deck that fits your style as well as is effective in CW. Just add me, or Jonathan Paine, Amsro, Divine Retrobution, Tom Sawyer, grlpwr, Drake67, or hopefully some of the others can chime in with a better list since I don't have the game open atm and we will get you set up with our channels and start dropping with you.

The bonus of using the outside comms is that they work between matches as well as sound better/use less network, plus on the FRR hub you'll be able to quickly find other teams to drop with in the cases that we aren't online. I don't like a lot of the things you mentioned about joining units and generally raidcall hubs either, outside of my unit I can usually only deal with the kids for a short time before it starts to grind my gears too, fortunately about then most of Old is on and its back to playing with adults again.

#23 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 06:05 AM

View PostHronis1974, on 30 March 2015 - 05:38 AM, said:

Personaly , i prefer to go bully the clanners , jump into a group of em , start throughing punches create a mess and a chaos , distract em and disorganize em

Just saw this, you'd fit right in with our group just fine. I just sent you a request and will try to get you into our group drops to show you how we do things.

Edited by sycocys, 30 March 2015 - 06:09 AM.

#24 Rushin Roulette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 March 2015 - 06:13 AM

Never thought your oppinions were stupid or provocative. I was just going for an open discussion and trying to get a comparable baseline in for the mechs in questions.

There are more options than the 6 LL Stalker in the same category to choose from (Awsome, Battlemaster, Thunderbolt for example), that is why I am saying the comparison between one of the largest mechs ingame with the smallest doesnt work. Its not comparing apples to lemons, thats comparing apples to Formula 1 racing cars... not even remotely in the same category.

Classic Brawling in CW is only feasable if enough in your team are also brawling and in brawling range. Therefore your comments about the MPL Thunderbolt are sort of correct. If you only have medium range weapons adn your team is mostly sniping... then you are nearly useless.However, if you are one of 8 brawlers in a big Deathball, then those MPLs will wreak absolute and utter chaos on the opponents as they are pinpoint and quick damage to a specific component. The legs of nearly any Clan mech are taken off within 5 seconds making that slow mech an easy target for anyone on your team while you look for the next opponent to leg.

If you are able to coordinate your mech choice with your team, then you have already won a very massive phsychological advantage. Calling a target when facing one Awsome, one Atlas, one Stalker, one Crab, one Victor is really easy. However, calling a target when you are facing 5 Awsomes for example is really difficult for any team. Calling Beta Victor is easy if there is only one victor in view, but Beta Awsome is very difficult if you have a choice of 5 Awsomes (ideally with identical paintjobs) moving in different directions. This way any Mech can be good, even if it is not a Meta mech.

That is the reason why light rushes or Streakcrow rushes are so effective. It is the Fox in the hen house feeling which makes players tick out and play below their standards.

#25 Hronis1974

• Pip
  • Mercenary
  • 14 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 30 March 2015 - 06:18 AM

i admit , i never tried the jester . I did try the k-2 tho and sold it aswell....never met my speed+armament requirements . I also had the arrow which i also sold , the whole locust series (the 3m version was excellent before its quirk reduction on spl's.After that it became mediocre again and i just sold the whole series) , the ember , the whole series of dragons , the whole series of hunchbacks (never tried the centurions of shadowhawks or atlases) ,cataphracts , stalkers etc....the only mech that gets close to what i want is the quickdraw so far , but its still under development , so i wont suggest to anyone to use it , unless he will take the responsibility of his choice.
Since i am not seen anything that i like , and since i am not willing to switch into clanners , i ll stop buying mechs with real money till i see bushwackers/champion/marauders to be implemented. then my plan is to buy with c-bills the whole quickdraw series and use em with my cata 3d which is relatively fast , mobile and has decent fire power . If that would be succesfull or not , icant tell yet.
But thats the plan, so far.

#26 Fractis Zero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 102 posts
  • LocationNorth Vancouver, Canada

Posted 30 March 2015 - 06:19 AM

Hronis is correct... all you IS players please stop using 5Ns and TDRs! Use Cicadas and Quickdraws, they are the new meta

#27 quantaca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 06:33 AM

Now a few views from the other side (although we are split about 50 50 clan IS).

I can get your dislike of the stalker for me its also too slow and unresponsive so they dont fit my playstyle and thus seem to have paper armor but playing against them ... oh boy, let me tell you first off getting hit by 3 (er)llas hurts, a lot, second they seem to be able to fire them forever, third when they are hillhumping they present such a small target so when trading you are very hard to hit, but obviously like every mech they need to be played to their strenghts.

Now on the 7mp tdr, this one i like running its very effective, 350m range seems small but the so called op clan med has 400m only 50m more but the MP's are cooler and more pinpoint because of lower burn time so it certainly is nothing to scoff at. And it falls into the preferred clan engagement range of 400m - 600m, even with the dmg falloff 7mp does enough dmg to kill or open up mechs, dont wait till they're in range if you can hit them, hit them every point of dmg helps, IS mechs are usually very heat efficient anyway, i believe the 7mp tdr can alpha 4 maybe even 5 times before shutdown and do it in a very short timeframe.

And as a last note, i like it when the enemy doesnt torso twist that makes all my long burning lasers hit the same spot makes blowing stuff off easy, seriously dont worry about the arms on the stalkers they're useless for shielding and actually hard to hit, when facing a stalker you just shoot for that big zeppelin body

But in the end if you dont like it for what ever reason it may be dont run it, tdr 9se with large pulses has some more range but a lower alpha then the 7mp 5ss, theres also dragons and wolverines (keep an eye on that one arm though) also seeing a lot of vindicators quickdraws and zeuses, and if you like running cicadas and are usefull in them run them specially if its all ECM, information warfare you know

#28 Ridir Semii

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 499 posts
  • LocationPort Torture, Washington, USA

Posted 30 March 2015 - 07:08 AM

View PostHronis1974, on 29 March 2015 - 07:46 PM, said:

Conserning TS server , nations , organized teams and all that jazz...

Well guys , i am 41 years old and i ve been on online gaming as a player , for how long now?...20 years?...somewhere around that , so plz allow me to tell you a few things.
I ve been there , done that...not with TS but with skype and other similar means like 3rd party sites and such , on several games and occasions . I ve been on teams , i ve been leader of clans , factions , brigades , i ve been a simple members on several occasions aswell , hell i was even a leader of a hole nation once. So plz lemmie tell you how this hole thing gonna play out .

At first , you will indeed get organized well and you ll have some significant success which will (and already did) make you enthousiastic about it . But as the time goes by , you ll begin to get isolated from the main body of the players base of your own nation . You ll have your own "strategies" (which already begins to happen faster than i expected) , you ll drop on your own teams , and soon after , you ll begin to feel uncomfortable with every new players joining your drops . You would barely talk to em , quide em or support em . You will , like i said above , get isolated on your own "crystal palace" of your own design , chocked on your own "importance" and "godhood" .
After that point , all hell will break loose . Ppl will start to come forth in the forums , accusing you of elitistic behavior (and they wont be very wrong) , flames and trolling will begin , and then ppl will either quit the nation and join another , or will create their own small groups and follow no directions or strategies and just play their own game till they get bored and quit themselfs.
So plz excuse me if i wont join any TS server , or any other kind of 3rd party comunication device , or large teams , or council's or websites , or anything else beyond the public forums and the voip . And to be honest , my experience from "organized teams" so far its not the best.Too much arrogance , too much "pro" behavior and at the bottom line , they dont play to enjoy the game.They play to win....thus the rushes and the drop point camps . So pardon me if i dont want to be a part of this. Maybe in the future , i will join a small group of 5-6 ppl , but that would be all.
If you wonna lead attacks or defences , voip can do just fine and i will follow you .As for anything else , thnx but no thnx.
Like i said , been there done that....and its always end up in the same bad way.
So if you be wise enough to take my advice and not push that TS thing too far , things will remain good .
Besides , wasnt there another topic saying how good FRR anorganized pugs performed with some leading through the voip?...isnt it true that FRR's pugs turned the tides of this war with only some straight forward orders like " go c2" , "stay together" , "push on my count 5-4-3-2-1..." etc?
Why would you make things more complicated?...what more can you accomplise?
Simple solutions are always the best.

Thnx again for your attention mates and plz once again , forgive my bad english :)

I run Ghost Bear and FRR, I was in the 1RDR for a tour, and formed my own unit with personal allegiences to the FRR, 1RDR and 1stH specifically, and they are always helping each other, and all that... before you start in on age, I too have been there and done that, I too am 41, I too have been online gaming since the only real online gaming was poker on AOL... these guys are fantastic, helpful, and most importantly, NOT like the clan after guild after unit I have seen do the same garbage you are talking about...

I even have a Unit channel within the FRR hub, we are a small unit, but the ties that bind within the FRR seem to me to be very strong and very solid indeed.......

coming from a grandfather who is sure that you would not find the elitist heavy TS server you think it will be.

I have run and still run to this day with member of almost EVERY FRR group in this game, NONE of them have acted like you describe to me... yes, idle chatter is not welcome IN GAME, but we chat it up all the time out of matches. I have had the same issues you have in the past, but when you realize that not all gamers are the same, not all games are the same, and well, not all people are the same, you come to realize that giving people a chance before basically calling everyone on TS out could lead to some decent buddies, great times and great games....

I do apologize to you if you have had experiences like mine have been in the past, horrible... I got kicked out of a group in a game because I notified them I would be playing less over a single weekend, so I could download and start playing this game, during MW:O's beta test...

DTA (dont trust anyone) is never a good way to live bro, seriously.........

#29 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 10:24 AM

Well it sounds like you may have enough spare cash for mechbays, but you might not be sticking with any chassis long enough to really start to get in tune with it. Like I said the mech xp bar even through the module slot really isn't a great indicator of how mastered you have the mech, you need a lot of drops in a lot of different conditions to really get a feel for the little things that add up to huge survivability and damage/kill gains.

Personally I've only sold off a few chassis since the game went live, and those were the cheapest lights and one atlas that was completely replaced by the DD-C. Not having access to those mechs you sell as you move forward does a lot to limit your options as the game changes over time as well. For instance the Catapaults hit boxes were adjusted and now they operate a bit more efficiently in CW, little tweaks sometimes make more difference than you'd think.

Concerning the speed/dps hit and run game that's where I was when I started CW and honestly still miss having my HBK's, but once you learn to slow down some and average your game out you start to see how you can take most of those same models and swap out some speed for survivability and still wreck house, or simply fit them in as is into a better loaded deck that has a perfect spot for a chaser nearer to the end of the match.

#30 EldenLance

• PipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 84 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 01:34 AM

If you are looking for a fast, tough mech that wrecks havoc running into enemies - I have one.
My 4th mech in the drop it is. The Centurion. It is fast, it has much lower profile then other humanoid mediums, it has a better damage spreading capabilities, allowing you to run XL freely(especially if you have your armor on the side torsoes moved to the front because its rear ST hit area is really small), it has a shield(its left arm covers the whole thing when turned against the fire) and it has firepower.
In particular i would recommend CN9-D, CN9-YLW and CN9-AH

The D if properly assembled (+unlocks) runs 120kph and has an LB-10x with 120 shells.
The cooldown quirk of 40% +5%(fastfire) + 12.5%(module) makes up for solid 57.5%
Tends to do 800ish dmg and can participate in light rushes. Just dont stop moving and keep firing.

The AH/YLW is another story. it has more firepower and less speed. It also requires sure aim with AC20.
If you dont like AC20 though, I wouldnt insist, but i have to say a couple of words in it's defence. In comparison to 4 MLs, sure its not that weight efficient, but think of it as of WWII fighters. 4MLs mech is Corsair, while AC20 is Airacobra. The total weight of Corsair's bullets fired per second may be roughly equal to the weight of Cobra's cannon shell, but it spreads all over the enemy making lots of small holes, while Cobra simply tears a wing off in one shot. Likewise AC/20 makes nice round holes in mechs. (which can then be focused with lasers, if the mech is still moving. Or just followed up with another shell.) The only hard thing at first is to really hit. it requires some practice.

PS: Can anyone clarify what does +xx% cooldown exactly mean? is it -xx% cooldown OR +xx% rate of fire? I assume you guys know the difference here. (-50%Cd = +100%RoF)

Edited by EldenLance, 31 March 2015 - 01:36 AM.

#31 Nazar24

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 94 posts
  • LocationItalia

Posted 31 March 2015 - 03:57 AM

@eldenlance
The cooldown quirk will reduce the cooldown of the weapon.
For the lbx in your post

Cooldown unquirked = 2.5 seconds
cooldown quirked=2.5-(2.5*57.5)/100=1.06 seconds

Edited by Nazar24, 31 March 2015 - 03:57 AM.

#32 Hronis1974

• Pip
  • Mercenary
  • 14 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 31 March 2015 - 05:40 AM

@eldenlance

Hmm i think you r right . I saw some vids about that particular centurion configuration with the xl and the lbx and it was very impressive (at least for my standarts) . And cuz i am one of those players that i am not afraid to use xl in cw , this might work in replacing the x-5 , which is good and fast , but cant handle any serious dmg . Ty for bringing it into my attention , but what about ammo?...can it carry enough , cuz with my cata's when i was using balistics , i found out that i needed at least 5 tons of ammo per gun (in cw , not in solo que) and it didnt have such a great cooldown.Can it carry that much while carring an ams and a BAP?
As for the ac/20 you mentioned , i understand your point . The same one could same for the early versions of the spitfire and the harricane , which had 8 machine guns and qyickly switched to 4 x 20mm hispanoswiza cannons . And i did use the hbk ac/20 and it was realy fun in solo que , but how practical such a mech could be in cw , i am not realy sure .

@fractis zero

I assume you ve been sarcastic in your commend , and if so plz tell me, where exactly did i say that ppl should stop using tdrs and dragon and begin to use cicadas and quickdraws . If you even bothered reading my post ,you would see that the only thing i said is that from what i saw when spectating others , they use mechs and configurations that they cannot hanlde , just because they look/are "cool" .
On the other hand , yesterday i droped many times with many ppl using stalkers and TDR's but they obviously knew what they were doing and so they were wrecking havoc all over the place and breaking the 2000 dmg points relatively easy . Why would i object to that . But that happened yesterday . Prevous days , ppl were taking stalkers and TDR's , never brawled , never pushed , just sitting behind me , occasionly hitting my back , and in general leaving me alone to exchange fire with the clanners till i die , and then got overun themselfs , and at the end they were dieing too without achiving anything significant at all.
At least i was honest enough to admit that i couldnt handle the stalker , and so i moved on to the next mech.

@cycosys

Yes you r absolutely correct , i shouldnt have sold so many mechs out of frustration and dissapointment . I should have kept em cuz PGI changes quirks all the time . I see that now and i regret selling em , but what is done is done. As for that i am not staying on a chassis long enough to understand it , that also holds some truth , yet again and altho i can operate many mechs decently , i havent found yet the "one" for me , and so i am still experimending . And conserning stalker , when i begun using it in cw i rarely see any other player bring it to the field . And if did so , those where lrm champion variants , not very usefull in cw . Thus , and by facing organized teams , i used to get shoot at from every direction possible , and by not been aple to take cover fast , i forced to move almost all armor to the front and stoped torso twisting cuz there was no point . I was losing my weaps in a blink of an eye . So that configuration was out of necessity . Nowdays i see more and more stalkers with far better builds , which so far , they practicaly replaced any other assault in the field .If i had kept my stalkers ,probably nowdays i could have done better with it.But still , it wouldnt be the "one" for me .

@Uminix

Ok mate , i quess could trust your opinion about that . I ll keep it in mind . Be adviced tho , that my typing , even as terrible as it is , its still far better than my speaking , and currently i dont have a mic in this house either .Thus i wont be able to chat with anyone.

@Nighmare1

I am using this tecnic daily on every battle , combining lasers and ppc's (lasers and ac/10 before that configuration) , and it works wonders for me . Unless ofc you mean angles of aproach which exceed 60 degrees and beyond and at ranges at around 400 meters . In that case , you need to lead not just a bit , but alot .
What i do , is pointing the LL on the target and with the edge of my eye i am looking at the top right mask in the screen which shows the condition of the enemy mech....if it starts blinking means that i am on target with my LL and so i quickly click my right mouse button to unlease the ppc's/balistics and i dont stay to see if it hits , i quickly get into cover .
Now if an enemy is coming fast from left to right and vise versa on a horizontal manner , i dont even bother to take such a shot , cuz that chances are not good . I just wait a couple of secs till he changes his course in a more vertical to my position manner , and then take the shot.

thnx again :)

#33 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 05:59 AM

You don't need a mic to run with our group, or most in the FRR. The comms are primarily for easy dissemination of tactics and locations. I have a mic that sits no more than 2 feet away from me and I still type 90% of my relays unless I'm dropping with a group I don't know.

Also you definitely don't need to use meta builds, they are helpful and do give you a bit of an edge but if you don't enjoy them they really aren't that helpful to you or your team. Like I said there's a lot of guys in our group that will help you rig out mechs to suit your preferred style of play while helping you to understand better what CW is all about.

There's all sorts of groups in the FRR that run all sorts of different tactics once that initial push is made and its actually pretty interesting to see how different people/age groups play the game in quite different ways. Our group -OLD- is a headstrong bunch that prefers to jettison complex strategy for having fun and pushing right into the enemy team. Sons of Odin on the other hand is a younger team that performs much more expansive tactical play which can be equally fun. Other groups take it further yet or even less than we do but the central focus with them all is having fun.

-I should have noted earlier about the cussing with some groups, 90% of it is just young guys being young guys talking like sailors. Not a lot of it directed at anyone, but I work with kids all day so there's just only so much of that I can tolerate when I'm trying to relax and enjoy my games.

Concerning your last comment though, it is a very good thing to learn how to lead and hit targets strafing the battlefield. Even shots barely missing in front of them will often change their mind about where they are going, really good for controlling lanes and not letting them get to where they want to go uncontested. Make them earn every inch.

#34 Hronis1974

• Pip
  • Mercenary
  • 14 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 31 March 2015 - 06:22 AM

@cycosys

ok mate i ll consider it then . Conserning aiming , well by using almost only Lasers and pulses all this time , i totaly neglected any practise on aiming balistics or any other slow projectile weapon . I tried practising in testing grounds , but aiming on stationary targets , is not excactly a serious exersize. So i took em to solo que , but even there the matches used to end fast so i couldnt practise much either. Then i took em to cw , were i accidently came up with this sort of "tecnic" . I just noticed that when my LL were on target , the ac/10 always hit . On any other condition i had to waste 1 or 2 , or even 3 shots in some cases to hit the target . And all this time i was (stupidly) exposed in the open trying to aim at a moving target , with devastating results as you can imagine. Now i just take a quick shot , with good chances of success and quickly back off , which allows me to last longer.
Thats all more or less , nothing fancy or complicated...

#35 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 07:17 AM

Ballistics are all about practice, standard is a decent place but come on in to CW with us and get it in. You'll learn way more about the mode and have people working together to set up firing lanes rather than people jumping your shots and running around the map wildly.

Not really sure what you are running, but another thing with ballistics/ppcs/missiles that you have to take into account is they all have a travel speed unique to that weapon. Does make a big difference if you keep switching between which kind you are using.

#36 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 31 March 2015 - 11:15 PM

Range matters. If you're within 200 meters, you can pretty much fire any ballistic at the same time as your lasers and they both hit. If you're at 200 or greater and you're shooting a moving target, however, lasers will hit your target, but your ballistic will miss because of travel time. Ballistics in this game are very slow, even the gauss rifle needs to be led at long range on moving targets.

With ballistics you need to "lead your shot", which is why it's a bad idea to put ballistics in the same group with other weapons and why I find that your advice to aim or paint with a laser is not very effective and should be discouraged.

#37 EldenLance

• PipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 84 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 02:18 AM

Here is my CN9-D Centurion:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...9435272dc68fde9

It is very tightly packed. Both Endosteel(which comes as standard) and Ferro-Fibro are installed and it has no free slots nor free tonnage.
Concerning ammo - 8 tons seems sufficient in most situations, though I do sometimes run out of it. But if that happens it means that a good damage is done already. 120 shells 10dmg each(with a small chance for additional dmg per pellet). With 1/3 of all projectles missing we get 800+ dmg.
As for AMS or Bap - not possible with such speed and ammo capacity. You may put a weaker engine in, but then you'll have to remove FF, and hence reduce the engine rating even more. That will hurt your survival capabilities since speed=life.
You may fulfill your need for AMS with radar deprivation module, which will grant you some protection from direct weapon as well, since your adversaries will consatntly lose you as you circle them. As for Bap... well, theres adv. sensor range module, but I would advice to go for sesmic sensor instead.

In total this thing is expensive as a sportscar:
15,676,000 for the mech (including not so cheap XL 335 and other minor mods.)
14,000,000 for modules (6,000,000 = Radar dep.; 6,000,000 = Adv sesmic; 2,000,000 = LB10x cooldown module)

I've made up a budget variant for you. Here:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...252d823e59989fa
8,886,560 for mech + very minimal mods. XL 300 comes as stock.
2,000,000 for LB10x cooldown module.
Same ammo + BAP + AMS.
Its slower and cannot keep up with lights anymore though.

Edited by EldenLance, 01 April 2015 - 02:19 AM.

#38 Hronis1974

• Pip
  • Mercenary
  • 14 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 01 April 2015 - 03:09 AM

@eldenlance

Ty very much for you getting into so much trouble to point me to te right direction conserning a suitable mech for my needs . And yes i believe and jugging from what you shown me that , centurion might be a suitable mech to replace the x-5. I need to firstly collect the c-bills tho.

@Torogato

I always put lasers in mouse button 1 , and balistics/pp's at mouse button 2 . To me , the trick is to fire your ballistics/ppc's before the laser duration expires . If you wait till it runs out (after 1-1.5 secs) , then you ll have adjust your aiming in order to lead . Granted your ballistic/pp'c wont hit the same spot with your LL , but if you do it properly , LL will hit the nose while the projectile will hit somewhere in the budy....but it will hit up to 400meters . Also the tecnic i am describing is not for experienced players , its more about ppl who they are new , get paniced easily and they miss alot . If one is proficient with balistics and ppc's , ofc doesnt have to change his method of aiming , nor to add uneccessary weaponry ( LL's , ML's , etc) to improve it.

Also i have some questions to ask the community.

1) how you guys define a "meta build" ?...cuz so far watching discussions about meta-builds in forums or either searching the net for answers , what ever i came up with usualy contradicts each other , and "meta" in my language , means "after" . "After-build" tho doesnt make much of sense.
2)does BAP and advanced sensor module stack up?
3)does BAP+ADV.SENSOR+SEISMIC stack up?

thnx again guys :)

Edited by Hronis1974, 01 April 2015 - 03:11 AM.

#39 Ivanskij

Rookie

• Big Brother
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 04:25 AM

Meta basically means "the current (most) powerful setup you can have to achieve success". The Meta-Builds are designed to win, not nessecarily to have fun.
Its often referred to "cheese" or "meta".

For example:

You surely read that currently the Tunderbolt SuperSport (9SS) with MedPulse-Lasers is rather overpowered (due to current quirks) as well as the 6Large-Laser-Stalker due to removed 3-Large-Laser heat penalty. Those mechs are basically the "meta" then.
Also you have the "meta"-tactics, such as the currently complained "light-rush" in CW by the Inner Sphere, which basically wrecks the 3 generators.

As for 2) and 3) - the BAP is only useful when fighting either with streaks or LRMs - for other uses you do not need to bring them into CW. Adv. Sensor-range extend your range (obviously) - but if the enemy has ECM, its not worth it - also, here its only useful if LRMs are in play. Otherwise you do not need to have it.
As for Seismic.... pretty much also only useful in regular games, not in CW.... and no it does not stack.

Edited by Ivanskij, 01 April 2015 - 04:29 AM.

#40 Marodeur

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 79 posts
  • LocationBraunschweig, Germany

Posted 01 April 2015 - 05:28 AM

View PostNazar24, on 31 March 2015 - 03:57 AM, said:

@eldenlance
The cooldown quirk will reduce the cooldown of the weapon.
For the lbx in your post

Cooldown unquirked = 2.5 seconds
cooldown quirked=2.5-(2.5*57.5)/100=1.06 seconds

Not sure, have to have a look in game this evening, but they changed the cooldown modules to 10% instead of 12.5%, aren't they?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users