The Weekend Event, Good Job Pgi!

5 replies to this topic

#1 Rollup

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 31 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 05:47 AM

Hi everyone!, I just thought i'd write a post about this event going on and my praise to PGI for making this happen.
Having only really started playing MWO a month ago, i tried to get matches in CW, but was put-off by the clunky UI for it and the very long wait times in comparison to the Skirmish/Assault/Conquest que.
I've got to say that i've been really enjoying playing CW, and think i will continue to play this mode after the event finishes.

#2 Bottle Caps

Rookie

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 12:44 PM

Yeah I agree. This was a really fun event. Thank you PGI.

#3 Crosell

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 46 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 01:01 PM

It will encourage me to pick out a squadron and run with them for cw. for sure, the rewards were nice. Free storm crow for playing cant complain and greatly apprecaite it

#4 Simbacca

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 797 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 29 March 2015 - 05:06 PM

Arduous experience to finish the Weekend Challenge. Played 21 matches (1 did not count), of which only had 3 wins.

Losses: 18
Wins: 3
Matches Against Clans: 20
Matches Against InnerSphere: 1 (On Skye as Merik was invading it)
Average Score for Qualifying Matches: 170
Lowest Score for Qualifying Matches: 80
Highest Score for Qualifying Matches: 256
Non-Qualifying Match Score: 61

Funny thing is, all 3 wins against the Clans were on Grim Portico map. And in all cases we (InnerSphere) only won because the Clan side had a single disconnected player.

#5 Dolph Hoskins

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 499 posts
  • LocationThe Machine

Posted 29 March 2015 - 08:08 PM

All in all I liked it.

I was on the verge of quitting when my first 3 matches solo were crushing defeats, but by the end of the event I'd say I was with about 60% winning teams.

I endured the event, showed my loyalty, got my prize, and broke the ice with CW. All in all a good ride.

#6 That Dawg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 03:17 AM

View PostSimbacca, on 29 March 2015 - 05:06 PM, said:

Arduous experience to finish the Weekend Challenge.

really? My experience was so positive, I'm likely to play CW vs. pugs.
5drops, Freemium®
10 drops, hanging thingy (and a mech bay for some reason)
15 drops, some other shiny
20 drops, new mech

Only did 24 total drops, only one loss- the last one of my last ability to sneak off and play computer this last weekend...I thought I'd be a clever monkey and "try something different" in my drop deck...face/palm

made a butt ton of cbills, and raked in xp as well. over all, excellent experience vs. the first week of its release where I swore I'd never be back.
Actually reading up on drop decks and tactics!

PGI knew this, whens the last time they offered a serious, tricked out IS mech, or most popular clan mech as a prize?
(can point out the raven(c) I got last tourney, or the adder, but really..nothing compares to the stormcrow, or that other thing for a prize.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users