Liao Results For Cw Event.

67 replies to this topic

#1 CruiseMissileCowboy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 108 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 30 March 2015 - 05:18 AM

House Liao Forces had a good CW Event Weekend vs. Davion, taking 3 worlds from Davion, and preventing Davion from taking any from Liao! Good work!

2015-03-27 - 2015-03-30
Liao takes Monongahela from Davion!

Liao holds Davion to 2 on Mandate.
Liao holds Davion to 1 on Mandate.
Liao takes New Macao from Davion!
Liao takes Quittacas from Davion!
Liao holds Davion to 5 on Mandate.
Davion holds Liao to 4 on Stein's Folly.
Liao holds Davion to 2 on Mandate.

Edited by CruiseMissileCowboy, 30 March 2015 - 06:02 AM.

#2 MingTheMerciless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 200 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between here and Sian

Posted 30 March 2015 - 05:35 AM

The fight around Mandate and Stein's Folly was rough and tough with no holds barred. Davions are definitely bringing some very competent units to the Liao / Davion front - so they had quantity and quality. I think on Stein's Folly we managed to get it to 54% briefly before being beaten back. Meanwhile, Mandate hovered around 23% as we had one House Liao strike unit consistently winning that helped offset more negative results elsewhere.

House Liao managed between 4-6 active drops between the two locations and the Davions still came piling in, they outnumbered us on all fronts and kept up the pressure. I had about 17 drops over the weekend, with very little waiting.

All good matches, even the drops where we got stomped.

WML

#3 CruiseMissileCowboy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 108 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 30 March 2015 - 06:03 AM

Yes, looks like the fighting was mostly on the Davion front, I re-ordered the event listing to exclude all but Liao events. Liao gained against Davion. Very Nice!

#4 Faith McCarron

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 06:22 AM

I think the event actually had a negative impact on Liao's chances for growth over the weekend. It did so in two ways:

First: The influx of cw noobs watered down our skill pool significantly. Davion on average started (imho) with a much weaker pool to start with, so the dilution of talent was much less. At one point in time, I dropped into a match in the oceanic window where I was one of only THREE Liao pilots who were even members of a unit. Three of the remaining nine warm bodies had trial mech dropdecks.

Secondly: Flooding people into cw naturally means that the more "popular" factions are going to get more of a numbers boost. And Davion are the Arby's eatin', red white and blue wearin', space 'murican heroes straight from the heart of Stackpole, US of A. That numbers advantage meant it was hard to turn the cusp of getting constant attack matches. All it takes are a couple of drops where the harder line units get sent to the defend mode of counter (easier mode but where their win gains no value to the conquest) while the attack drops go to either pug groups or Gatekeepers and you've got the weaker units going into a harder mode where all the chance for cranking up the planet-taking meter are to be had, and voila, you've lost a big chunk of any gains you had made up to that point.

Another thing to factor in is the addition of Black Spikes to the Davion side, that is a big influx of talent there on the scales.

#5 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 07:00 AM

The 313 unit in the probably just temp davion mechs.. They were pretty go as well.

#6 CruiseMissileCowboy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 108 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 30 March 2015 - 07:10 AM

Looking at the defensive actions by Davion, they were not successful vs Liao, Liao took 3 Davion worlds, and Davion was not able to take any worlds - from anyone for the whole event. Liao beat Davion - astonishing!

House Kurita took 17 worlds for the event. They are the ones to worry about.

Edited by CruiseMissileCowboy, 30 March 2015 - 07:11 AM.

#7 Rocket Angel

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 07:27 AM

Good job, everyone! And well fought, Davion~ There were -a lot- of very close matches this weekend and I had tons of fun. :P

#8 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:38 AM

Yep. The question will be more next week- as in how many people -stay- in CW, vs. those who only did it to grind out a 'Mech.

#9 Piddles

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 53 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 01:01 PM

Everyone stop saying positive things about Davion, don't you realize you are disrupting CruiseMissleCowboy's thread to continue to try to avenge himself over whatever personal insult Davion did to him on his main account?

#10 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 March 2015 - 01:32 PM

View PostCruiseMissileCowboy, on 30 March 2015 - 07:10 AM, said:

Looking at the defensive actions by Davion, they were not successful vs Liao, Liao took 3 Davion worlds, and Davion was not able to take any worlds - from anyone for the whole event. Liao beat Davion - astonishing!

House Kurita took 17 worlds for the event. They are the ones to worry about.

Kurita has a much more 'target rich' environment than Liao. :)

I am still amazed that they still qualify for the highest level of bonus rewards though.

#11 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 30 March 2015 - 09:17 PM

Honestly, after I got my 80 points I stopped being serious in the matches....Thats how PGI wants us to play RIGHT?

#12 Faith McCarron

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 09:46 PM

Wait, you guys play differently when you're serious? Please demonstrate.

#13 _____

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 742 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:27 PM

HLGK has an RP/milsim mode (serious) and a casual puggin' mode where we take whatever mechs we want. It depends on the time and day when we are required to be in the milsim mode.

Edited by BlackhawkSC, 30 March 2015 - 11:29 PM.

#14 Faith McCarron

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:34 PM

How about a 2-man cw drop? Because I had that misfortune the other day, made me rage quit out of cw after the match and curse the gatekeeper name a thousand times.

#15 _____

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 742 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:50 PM

Did a 2-man really have that much of an influence in a CW match? In pub drops 2 noobs or even discos get carried all the time.

Anyways the larger the unit, typically the more range in experience levels. I remember JFP is known to be a scrubby Jade Falcon unit because they recruited heavily. The other thing to mention about HLGK is that winning by using whatever it takes is not always the point for some of us. A win under hard-mode just feels better than a normal win. We do have a number of quite skilled players in HLGK who play not expecting always to win, but for the community and challenge of the milsim. It's definitely not for everyone and we try to make it clear when we recruit.

Lastly, I know sometimes you get frustrated by what happens when you and HLGK drop together. But you know the game is meant for a variety of player types, their goals sometimes being different from yours. I remember Sun Cobra, who's a pretty skilled player, just raging in pub drops because he can't get the pubs to do what he wants. There's really no point, they just don't play the way he expects. So hopefully this will help set certain expectations the next time it happens :)

Edited by BlackhawkSC, 31 March 2015 - 12:26 AM.

#16 Risen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 192 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 31 March 2015 - 06:24 AM

I think the armed forces of the Capellan Confederation did quite well, when taken into account that numbers are more or less the only influence in winning planets and usually we run up against higher numbers!

And missing unit tags are not always signs of "scrubbness" ;)
(champion drop decks on the other hand...)

Our problem is that Liao offers good contract money on wins...which attracted alot of sub-pars for the event...

#17 Faith McCarron

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 06:33 AM

That's what makes it so frustrating. It's not like it's some collection of noobs or something. There are skilled/and or experienced players that you see going into battle, knowing that they're probably going to lose because they've decided to hamstring themselves by making it "Dress up like Napoleon and practice right oblique Day" or something.

As for the specific incident I'm referring to....omg, it hurts to even try to recall how bad it was. I might not have noticed the player in question's (who I won't name) poor play amongst the slop that our pugs were giving us, but for the fact that they were actively engaging me in the chat while I was trying to get people to actually do something. It was all 'relax, dont worry, everything will be fine, dont be so serious' kind of stuff, so I started noting the guy's play. It's not that he wasn't trying to do stuff, he was just atrocious at it all. After the inevitable defeat where we got ground into the dust, I checked him out on the EOR screen, and found that while participating in the whole match, not doing any suicide charges or anything like that (it was a classic attrition match), and going through all of his mechs, he did a TOTAL of 278 damage. Ok, do you know how mind numbingly bad that is? That's 69.5 damage per mech. We've all had a bad pub match where you die early or whatever, but this is the output of FOUR of those bad matches, spread across the entirety of a full CW match. It's the kind of score you get when you're playing drunk and spend half the match walking into a wall or something, but this guy was perfectly lucid and all. So I said to myself, 'ok, maybe he's just a new recruit or something' and went to the HLGK to look, only to find that....he's a Sao-Shao... That's right....massive, massive sad face. That's the point when I ragequit for 2 hours out of CW.

#18 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 31 March 2015 - 06:54 AM

Hey Faith, I seem to always miss the time you play. My schedule has me online after 23:00 UTC until ussually around 04:00 UTC. So perhaps you are cursing the Gatekeepers based off you encounter with a few? That would be like me judging 4TCR based off of Padre Grimm: it just silly. I know Padre is no longer with 4TCR, but that is what makes my point more so.

#19 Faith McCarron

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 06:59 AM

Perhaps. Most of my drops are in the Euro attack window.

#20 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 31 March 2015 - 07:08 AM

View PostFaith McCarron, on 31 March 2015 - 06:59 AM, said:

Perhaps. Most of my drops are in the Euro attack window.

I have Good Friday off, perhaps we will fight side by side then.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users