Liao Results For Cw Event.

67 replies to this topic

#41 Faith McCarron

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 02:53 PM

Ok, I'll give you credit for playing nice here, and so I'll switch off beyotch mode for a minute. *AFTER* I address something. I don't know what Padre told you, nor do I care to. Padre likes to stir things up. For example, after Elijah left to form the ETFC unit in Kurita space, Padre orchestrated a little "misunderstanding" that almost had the two units coming to blows. I dont think he does it maliciously, he's just a Goon, that's what he does. So take whatever you think you know about the inner workings of 4TCR that you learned from him with a grain of salt. Ok, now, beyotch mode off.

I'll hit the specifics, then the general.

For the record - the HLGK Command Staff does not consider any unit less than a lance to be a "Battalion Drop" unless there is an officer present.

I assume you consider your Sao-Shao's to be officers. Because one was present in the 2-man drop that set me off.

We use GMT 0 to coordinate time zones.

What time do you play if it was US Central, Eastern or Mountain?

I'll send you a friend request in-game.

I'm in the Eastern US timezone, and my sweet spot is usually 10am-2pm

While SunTzu's comment was unsanctioned and a breach of our Stoic Discipline, it was reactive to your slights.

Your comment here is needlessly antagonistic and potentially harmful to the entire House.

My comment was me being me. What you consider "antagonistic" is simply how I operate in this game. I respect skill, and my respect is earned, not given. If someone is mouthing off to me and I know they have the chops, I'm fine with it. Otherwise, I'm going to get right back in their face.

You should join our unit Faith. I know this feeling. I used to have it too, but I've got the medicine. Despite what your perceptions are, Gatekeepers don't experience this issue due to training, activity and camaraderie. We are building an EU team to widen our competition range and provide more activities for our members who do not dwell in NA.

Who knows?

You might be a good fit.

I doubt it. Your rigid structure is not for me. I play with 4TCR because I have friends there, they're good people, and I'm a Liao loyalist at heart. Prior to CW opening, I left for a period of about 6 months to drop with House of Lords. Prior to that, I just played angry a lot, raging at pugs and such. But my time with Lords taught me how to be a winner, and helped me refine my gaming philosophy in terms of MWO. Above all, it taught me to be honest with myself. That means if someone is better than I am, admit it and work to fix it. But it also means calling it as I see it, and so far, almost all of my interactions with HLGK have been negative. I've run into you guys doing something dubious called "gunnery practice". I've dropped in a CW match where a HLGK Sao-shao was very vocal, and yet performed very poorly. I see that Shin got kicked from the HLGK TS server for idling and "counting", yet Stoneblade does that very same thing in our server. It adds up to a negative experience thus far for me, and I call my experiences as I see them.

#42 Zvolimir the Blackhand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 388 posts
  • LocationThe Forbidden Zone

Posted 07 April 2015 - 03:58 PM

View PostFaith McCarron, on 07 April 2015 - 02:53 PM, said:

Ok, I'll give you credit for playing nice here, and so I'll switch off beyotch mode for a minute. *AFTER* I address something. I don't know what Padre told you, nor do I care to. Padre likes to stir things up. For example, after Elijah left to form the ETFC unit in Kurita space, Padre orchestrated a little "misunderstanding" that almost had the two units coming to blows. I dont think he does it maliciously, he's just a Goon, that's what he does. So take whatever you think you know about the inner workings of 4TCR that you learned from him with a grain of salt. Ok, now, beyotch mode off.

Nothing like that, and I don't know Elijah or what he did. It wasn't personal stuff about people or interaction, but rather the difference in structure and direction. It wasn't anything I didn't already know, really...a lot of units don't have much in the way of "structure".

I assume you consider your Sao-Shao's to be officers. Because one was present in the 2-man drop that set me off.

I am not exactly sure what happened to make you focus on 2 guys out of a single game. A public group game, too. Screenshot? Let's talk about it. We're not afraid of the cane at HLGK, but bear in mind that you play enough times and you're going to lose. Sometimes it's really bad.

However, if I had been Drop Commander it is unlikely that anyone would have even communicated at all. In our long experience, we find that it's better if we fill up the group with Gatekeepers.

Another thing about having an organization is that you must have things for people to do in order to warrant the existence of said organization. Before we switched to mil-sim, we didn't have as many folks. People started to leave because they wanted more from the game. It was unanimous to adopt the milsim stance, and it has made MWO into what it is for Gatekeepers - THE GAME.

Though Sao-Shao are line officers, our modification of the traditional Liao military structure has risen out of necessity. The Command Staff are composed of talented individuals who have proven they are committed to the cause by contributing their time and effort inside and outside the game. In some cases, this has caused some of my officers to refer to themselves as Staff Officers.

It's hard to find the right people for the job of leading others. I believe our current Command Staff are not only some of my best players, but the higher ranking ones have aso accepted responsibilities to the battalion that make them critical. I'll stand by any of them.

So, they scored bad, or died quick?

So what? Death is inevitable, and you are judged by your actions. It's hard for me to live very long in a pub drop, because I'm used to having a full unit most of the time. In fact, I never have to drop alone, no matter what time I log on.

Lunchtime is kinda dead though.

So...seriously, what exactly about the encounter generates your beef? Smells rancid, and it's kinda wormy.

So I guess the question is: is it really any different from any public game? If there was only two of them, they might have been happy to not have any "pressure" on them...or maybe he went to get some coffee...or any other number of things.

You're going to have a heart attack if you worry this much about how jacked up units behave in public group queue, and you need to stop. I'm worried about you, legitimately and I want you to enjoy MechWarrior Online.

I'm in the Eastern US timezone, and my sweet spot is usually 10am-2pm

I'll find your sweet spot tomorrow.

My comment was me being me. What you consider "antagonistic" is simply how I operate in this game. I respect skill, and my respect is earned, not given. If someone is mouthing off to me and I know they have the chops, I'm fine with it. Otherwise, I'm going to get right back in their face.

Here we agree wholeheartedly.

Respect is earned, not given.

Let's try and pinpoint the original instance of the "mouthing off".

I doubt it. Your rigid structure is not for me.

How much do you actually know about our structure, and what is expected of you while you are wearing the HLGK tag?

One thing about structure is it allows us to actually function like a unit. Almost everyone enjoys it, but the water might be a bit cold at first.

Relax. It gets warm the longer you are in.

I play with 4TCR because I have friends there, they're good people, and I'm a Liao loyalist at heart.

I have no reason to think otherwise.

Well...

Prior to CW opening, I left for a period of about 6 months to drop with House of Lords.

Say...isn't that a Davion unit? I dunno. Might be another, different unit of which I am thinking.

Prior to that, I just played angry a lot, raging at pugs and such. But my time with Lords taught me how to be a winner, and helped me refine my gaming philosophy in terms of MWO. Above all, it taught me to be honest with myself. That means if someone is better than I am, admit it and work to fix it. But it also means calling it as I see it, and so far, almost all of my interactions with HLGK have been negative.

So...do you want me to tell you that you are a "good" player?

Here's my experience: most players that worry about this overmuch are usually not effective team players in any capacity. This leads to ridiculousness in the match, but our policies have eliminated that for us.

What makes you a good player is whether or not you did what your team needed you to do. What you were trained for.

It isn't damage. It isn't match score. I won't cut your hand off if you score badly.

What we look for in soldiers is response time and the ability to understand and apply our doctrine. We do not use negative reinforcement.

If it's praise you want, join the unit. We stay positive, receptive and above all we learn. Sometimes a whole 12 man will die just so one person can learn a lesson, but I never rage quit...that is the mark of someone who is not rational or truly concerned with the organization's success.

In other words, you're a good player if you can join a unit and contribute. If you join an organization like ours with certain expectations, well...we have a way of quelling all of those before we allow you to take the Oath and be assigned as Sao-Wei.

There is no nepotism in HLGK - it's run entirely by individuals who've earned their ranks through participation, activism and yes - SUCCESS IN COMBAT OPERATIONS.

There is no "Inner Circle" of owners, and our diversity of opinions on the Comman Staff allows for us to debate the matters that must be debated, and also reach a solution. This is how it must be. If there is no conflict, there can be no progress.

However, we can actually guarantee that our troopers can do things. We can commit to events. We can commit to the Clan Front. We can do what our officers say we can, when we say we can do it.

I've run into you guys doing something dubious called "gunnery practice".

This is not Gunnery Practice. Our training program has two pieces - certifications and qualifiers. This was one of those "fun" drops the community leader was running to raise morale.

What? You've never done a Flamer Company?

You're living a lie, Faith.

So while this wasn't an "officially sanctioned" Gatekeeper event and was more just weeknight off the cuff spice by one of our best unit commanders, it WAS still practice.

All pub drops, solo and group, are practice for HLGK.

I've dropped in a CW match where a HLGK Sao-shao was very vocal, and yet performed very poorly.

I've been in a match where someone else has performed poorly also.

Also, for commanders...you have to understand that it's based on the reaction time of the players in the unit. This is why we have a rigid combat doctrine...there is no debate. You will submit to the will of the unit during combat operations. There is a proper way to get your views noted, and by using it we move the unit forward.

Yes Faith. I could put you in command of 12 Gatekeepers tomorrow and guarantee they will follow your every command (as long as it was in proper Order Call syntax).

I guarantee that you will LOSE. All commanders LOSE. All the time. It never stops.

You'll win more, the more confident and experienced your unit is. The more you lose the better you get. You can take a winning team and add 1 guy who's not with the program, and that dilutes the team to a crippling state. We've created a structure that gets around this.

We're winning every single CW that I have been in command of, as long as there are 8 or more Gatekeepers (that's the minimum we must have before we waste time in a lobby waiting).

Pubs are generally not worth talking to. Everyone thinks that know best. I don't have time to explain our every move, and generally people won't follow orders anyway. We don't want to hear it. It is highly unlikely that you will tell us anything we don't , hence our strict TS policies and standing order to diable VOIP should you find yourself in something less than a HLGK 12 man.

All current company doctrine has been debated at length by our command staff and we routinely receive doctrinal modification suggestions through an established procedure. It is then debated at length, and if we need to experiment with a few drops, we will.

One thing I find interesting is that when people question me on some of our policies, there is an undercurrent of derision that seems to indicate I won't be able to provide a real, solid answer. This is very amusing, and everyone that I've spoken with directly in TS has come to realize very quickly that this must be the place they've wanted to be.

I see that Shin got kicked from the HLGK TS server for idling and "counting", yet Stoneblade does that very same thing in our server.

ShinVector?

That's not why I banned him. Enter / Exit our server repeatedly all the time without saying hello, and we might take exception. We used to have a problem with agitators and spies. This continues somewhat today, with our involvement in the nSL. There are security protocols involved in our TS, and this is all clearly explained on the blog. We assume anyone entering the TS must have sought it out for some reason. TS is used to talk to people. The reason we use it is to play MWO.

So if you don't want to talk to us while playing MWO, stay out of our TS.

Or you could just ask to join the unit? It will save time and headache and will lead to much win and joy.

It adds up to a negative experience thus far for me, and I call my experiences as I see them.

This is not a typical user experience. Tell me how I can help.

#43 Faith McCarron

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 04:39 PM

So, they scored bad, or died quick?

So what? Death is inevitable, and you are judged by your actions. It's hard for me to live very long in a pub drop, because I'm used to having a full unit most of the time. In fact, I never have to drop alone, no matter what time I log on.

They played atrociously. Like literally, playing drunk kind of bad. It was a CW match, Invasion mode, on Alpine. A pug drop, no more than 2 people from a given unit. There were some decent players in the drop, and we settled on the standard left gate, push trench, win-by-attrition strategy. Of course, holding the trench isn't as simple as it sounds, and requires coordination to manage the ebb and flow. The company kept getting out of hand, stringing out, making piecemeal pushes and so forth, and 2 of us in the drop were trying to corral the pugs and get the coordination back in line. Enter the gatekeeper in question, who starts telling us that we shouldn't be so serious and otherwise running down our efforts. As anyone who knows me can attest, I rarely back down from trolls, so I engaged him over the course of the rest of the match trying to get the point across that with some coordination, we could win. Of course, we lost, and I expected at least an average showing at the EOR screen. What I saw was that this guy, over the course of fighting and dying in all four mechs, did a grand total of 278 damage.When you're playing attrition in a pug CW match, you can't win with damage output scores like that. But did he care? Nope.

Say...isn't that a Davion unit? I dunno. Might be another, different unit of which I am thinking.

No. Lords is a non-aligned comp team, known for individual skill, aggression, and the "ggclose" trolling line.

What? You've never done a Flamer Company?

You're living a lie, Faith.

Not in CW, I haven't. In fact, I've never run a group goof build drop since private matches came out. The closest you will get is a few of my drunken drops, and my times playing with gatekeepers they have seemed quite sober.

As for the whole deal with ShinVector, to me, it comes down to respect. Shin is one of the longest serving Liao loyalists in the game, and one hell of an individual pilot. He is obviously not a spy or a troll. As for why he would enter/exit all the time, who knows? Intermittent connection issues? Maybe he has TS set to log him into all Liao severs on start-up? Who knows.

We're winning every single CW that I have been in command of, as long as there are 8 or more Gatekeepers (that's the minimum we must have before we waste time in a lobby waiting).

Don't that run contrary to what you say right before that:

I guarantee that you will LOSE. All commanders LOSE. All the time. It never stops.

So which is it?

So...do you want me to tell you that you are a "good" player?

No. Good players recognize one another automatically, no need to explicitly state it.

You're going to have a heart attack if you worry this much about how jacked up units behave in public group queue, and you need to stop. I'm worried about you, legitimately and I want you to enjoy MechWarrior Online.

I literally am not even sure what to make of that statement.

#44 Zvolimir the Blackhand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 388 posts
  • LocationThe Forbidden Zone

Posted 07 April 2015 - 05:19 PM

View PostFaith McCarron, on 07 April 2015 - 04:39 PM, said:

They played atrociously. Like literally, playing drunk kind of bad. It was a CW match, Invasion mode, on Alpine. A pug drop, no more than 2 people from a given unit. There were some decent players in the drop, and we settled on the standard left gate, push trench, win-by-attrition strategy. Of course, holding the trench isn't as simple as it sounds, and requires coordination to manage the ebb and flow. The company kept getting out of hand, stringing out, making piecemeal pushes and so forth, and 2 of us in the drop were trying to corral the pugs and get the coordination back in line. Enter the gatekeeper in question, who starts telling us that we shouldn't be so serious and otherwise running down our efforts. As anyone who knows me can attest, I rarely back down from trolls, so I engaged him over the course of the rest of the match trying to get the point across that with some coordination, we could win. Of course, we lost, and I expected at least an average showing at the EOR screen. What I saw was that this guy, over the course of fighting and dying in all four mechs, did a grand total of 278 damage.When you're playing attrition in a pug CW match, you can't win with damage output scores like that. But did he care? Nope.

That you attempt this in pubs is amusing. I can say that Battalion Operations include Gatekeepers, and I think we might take a step back to our isolationist policy. I'm tired of dealing with people like you.

No. Lords is a non-aligned comp team, known for individual skill, aggression, and the "ggclose" trolling line.

Oh, I see. I didn't realize you could be unaligned.

Not in CW, I haven't. In fact, I've never run a group goof build drop since private matches came out. The closest you will get is a few of my drunken drops, and my times playing with gatekeepers they have seemed quite sober.

The pilots can get their kicks however they want as long as they aren't on my time. To you I say think outside the box. Put something on the line. Make them feel it. That little excercise counted for something - people DID learn how to use an AC. Maybe we didn't win, but it helped.

I can't even fathom you remember so much about your pub games...and they call ME obsessive.

As for the whole deal with ShinVector, to me, it comes down to respect. Shin is one of the longest serving Liao loyalists in the game, and one hell of an individual pilot. He is obviously not a spy or a troll. As for why he would enter/exit all the time, who knows? Intermittent connection issues? Maybe he has TS set to log him into all Liao severs on start-up? Who knows.

So, I should just give respect to Shin, even though I don't know him at all and we've never had any kind of interaction that promoted our fellowship.

Come to think of it, most of House Liao is that way toward us until they decide to join. I think that's why we tend to keep folks who decide to participate.

Don't that run contrary to what you say right before that:

So which is it?

You're not fishing for nuggets very well. I will elucidate.

We won every CW yadda yadda FOR TWO WEEKS...

Yeah. I'm going to LOSE while in command. It will happen. I won't dwell on it, but will learn from it and work past it. There's always another drop, and when you have good people who are good players in your unit it's as easy as the breeze.

I didn't say I'd never lose again, but keep fishing for poo down there.

No. Good players recognize one another automatically, no need to explicitly state it.

Do they?

I think loudmouthed windbags who think they know what performing as a unit means recognize each other when they start talking about how HLGK should be doing things.

It's ok though, you're gonna have to find the chinks where you can if you want to slander us. So two of our guys piddled around in a CW.

Who's causing more of an issue here, them...when it's not even their normal behavior...or you?

You're gonna have to sell me on the whole "I'm better than you, you should recognize that" attitude, because that attitude will get you banned quicker than Enter / Exit.

BTW, ShinVector was online and had no problem informing me he could not connect. He just wanted to see if he could ride on the drops, and didn't even have enough respect for us to say anything or communicate with anyone until he had something nasty to say.

You know what.

I'm starting to lose my good will.

I literally am not even sure what to make of that statement.

Lemonade?

I've offered to help all I can here. Alternatives, invitations...I don't know what you want, so if you just want to troll us do the entire faction a favor and ignore us. We don't troll you. We don't seek out and threadcrap your recruitment post. We don't look for every piddly little ***** reason to make a stink.

I've tried to be friends. Your choice now.

#45 Real men have back dimples too

• PipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 23 posts
  • Locationhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAc2Pdb9uj4

Posted 07 April 2015 - 05:59 PM

#46 Ace Kaller

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 144 posts
  • LocationGettysburg, PA

Posted 07 April 2015 - 06:30 PM

How's about everyone calms down for a second or two.

#47 Kokobutta

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 37 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 06:50 PM

Posted Image

View PostKulu, on 07 April 2015 - 05:59 PM, said:

#48 Ace Kaller

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 144 posts
  • LocationGettysburg, PA

Posted 07 April 2015 - 07:05 PM

Not about winning, we're on the same side, people.

#49 Maxwell Albritten

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 426 posts
  • LocationWoogi, Taurian Concordat

Posted 07 April 2015 - 08:11 PM

WWAD?

What would Aljosha Do?

#50 Kokobutta

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 37 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 08:14 PM

Just bringing some levity ;)

View PostAce Kaller, on 07 April 2015 - 07:05 PM, said:

Not about winning, we're on the same side, people.

#51 Red October911

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 211 posts
  • LocationMTL,Quebec

Posted 07 April 2015 - 08:56 PM

woah the salt levels have gone out the roof in this thread. But yeah shouldnt HLGK and 4TCR cooperate better? I mean we may play the game differently and have different visions on how to operate units, but our undying hate for Fed Rats should overpower the qualms we have. (not to say we can't have any but I feel like this one went out the roof and into outer space)

Or you guys could keep on fighting and I'll just be here eating popcorn...

#52 Gorgo7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 07 April 2015 - 08:58 PM

Nice back and forthing...please take a day to cool off.
Blackhand relax. You don't need the grief.
Faith, please understand you have a powerful voice and it is sowing discord. Nothing good can come from it. Further, others are being affected by your combativeness.
Please cool off.
Thank you for reading this.

#53 Orkdung

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 296 posts
  • LocationCCAF Sian

Posted 07 April 2015 - 09:10 PM

His Excellency the Governor of Bacum suggests trial by combat!

Posted Image

#54 Faith McCarron

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 09:24 PM

Look, I am trying to be friendly here. But if you want to be a toolbag, we can do this. Just let me know. Cuz I can own you anytime, brosauce. Anytime.

#55 Orkdung

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 296 posts
  • LocationCCAF Sian

Posted 07 April 2015 - 09:25 PM

In all seriousness, you aren't going to solve your problems. Agree to disagree and kill Rats.

You come from two different spectrum's. True story.

#56 LittleFly

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 43 posts
  • LocationPurvo

Posted 07 April 2015 - 09:28 PM

Trial by combat seems good to me. But I am a company commander not an individual pilot. If faith wants to bring a twelve man against me to try my strength I'm good with it. My individual skills as a mech pilot are not significant what is important is my leadership. If you cannot get a 12 man together that's your issue. Challenge accepted and the gauntlet is thrown.

#57 Faith McCarron

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 09:41 PM

So you're a 69.5 damage per mech dealing weaksauce sissy.....got it. Nice to know, littlefly

#58 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 07 April 2015 - 09:43 PM

View PostOrkdung, on 07 April 2015 - 09:10 PM, said:

His Excellency the Governor of Bacum suggests trial by combat!

Posted Image

Trials were offered..... maybe we should post the private messages you've shared with my Unit's commander. In which you were saying you'd be unable do any form of "League." Friendly competition similar to the Star League Games in Lore.

I remember that Gunnery Practice night, it was "Run only PPCs." Funny thing about that: THEY LOVED IT. They loved learning a weapon system and practicing it under "Live" fire.

BTW, When I am in a TS I go to the AFK room of that TS so that if someone in the TS needs to talk to me then they can message me. I don't leave the TS 20-30 seconds later. Half the time I log onto the 4TCR TS: I'm the only one there. The other half of the time, there is a group going on and I don't want to disturb them. If I have a question, I'll ask.

#59 Ace Kaller

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 144 posts
  • LocationGettysburg, PA

Posted 07 April 2015 - 09:44 PM

Let's not make this personal. trying to diffuse here.

#60 Orkdung

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 296 posts
  • LocationCCAF Sian

Posted 07 April 2015 - 09:57 PM

战书被抢走,在空气中。
周六或周日 ?

我们有12今天
我们有12今天.

我们将有12 ,周四.