172 replies to this topic

#161 Astrocanis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 642 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 04:38 PM

View PostSandersson Jankins, on 20 April 2015 - 09:09 AM, said:

I'm aware of perfomance issues it seems to cause in certain cases; and the quality IS a bit low. I like it, because its immersive...but that probably wasn't the intended outcome, lol.

I've not had any issues with the push-to-talk hotkey. I'm nearly always in TS as well, and I have no trouble using both at once. I would never honestly use non push-to-talk VOIP. Seems awful. I don't want folks to hear my ass sneezing and stuff.

I have tried (literally) a hundred times to get VOIP to work. I see people talking, but no matter how high I turn my sound up, I can't hear them. I've tried the mic and people have responded about 50% that they hear me.

So I just stopped trying to use it.

#162 Knyx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • 266 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 08:48 AM

View PostStoned Prophet, on 21 April 2015 - 08:01 AM, said:

Mhmm. More baseless accusations with ZERO proof. Just plain BS.

You realize that posting any kind of video, proof or not of someone exploiting/cheating/etc is against forum TOS, and it's that way for ANY game out there. Think before you post, as to not look so ignorant

#163 Rameau

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 10:36 AM

What keeps new players away from CW is that it simply doesn't pay. New players need to farm a lot of credits to build their first mechs and the rewards for CW games are too low... It takes 5-10 minutes just to form a team in a planet, then about 3-5 more minutes to find an enemy team, or maybe even 10 more minutes if there's no enemy team. That's an average of 10 minutes just to get into a game, possibly even a 20 minute wait for a drop with no enemy team! And then the actual CW game will last 30 minutes - that's a total of 40 minutes dedicated to a single match, and since new players usualy lose, their reward will rarely be above 150K credits... But in those 40 minutes that same player could have earned at least 3 times that amount in public games! And since new players are very hungry for credits as they still need to buy and configure a good number of mechs, they will always prefer public matches. As I see it, CW matches should reward at least the triple of what they do right now.
I simply don't understand why the CW rewards aren't higher - this is clearly a design flaw! 40 minutes of CW should reward you more than 40 minutes of public games, otherwise people won't be motivated to play CW!

Edited by Rameau, 21 April 2015 - 10:40 AM.

#164 ZenFool

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 414 posts
  • LocationOrion's Bible Belt

Posted 21 April 2015 - 11:00 AM

@Rameau
I agree with you completely. Its been discussed, but some people said it would just cause more seal clubbing. I personally don't see why it would be so hard to rework the low end rewards for people trying it out.
The high end can stay the same. With premium time a CW match can net you 1.5 million, though 750k was more the norm. That doesn't need to be changed, especially considering the people in CW w/premium probably have plenty of money and mechs.

The idea is to make the mode more friendly to new players without compromising the fact that its a competitive game. Hopefully all of the tools they have put in like Voip(sry Astro), LFG, and the upcoming 4v4 will help.

The worst thing about it imo, and why this thread was started in the first place, was that when more people were playing they were having fun. Your chances of running into a comp group was slim. Games were quick. Payouts were good when the wait time was low.

We need more players. I don't much care how we get 'em.

#165 Bigbacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 11:00 AM

View PostRameau, on 21 April 2015 - 10:36 AM, said:

What keeps new players away from CW is that it simply doesn't pay. New players need to farm a lot of credits to build their first mechs and the rewards for CW games are too low... It takes 5-10 minutes just to form a team in a planet, then about 3-5 more minutes to find an enemy team, or maybe even 10 more minutes if there's no enemy team. That's an average of 10 minutes just to get into a game, possibly even a 20 minute wait for a drop with no enemy team! And then the actual CW game will last 30 minutes - that's a total of 40 minutes dedicated to a single match, and since new players usualy lose, their reward will rarely be above 150K credits... But in those 40 minutes that same player could have earned at least 3 times that amount in public games! And since new players are very hungry for credits as they still need to buy and configure a good number of mechs, they will always prefer public matches. As I see it, CW matches should reward at least the triple of what they do right now.
I simply don't understand why the CW rewards aren't higher - this is clearly a design flaw! 40 minutes of CW should reward you more than 40 minutes of public games, otherwise people won't be motivated to play CW!

it isn't just new players, even long term players, like myself, stay away because I can't make the bills playing it.

#166 That Dawg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 05:24 PM

View PostKnyx, on 21 April 2015 - 07:57 AM, said:

. Can't post it here.

bullsht

links or it didn't happen

View PostKnyx, on 21 April 2015 - 08:48 AM, said:

You realize that posting any kind of video, proof or not of someone exploiting/cheating/etc is against forum TOS, and it's that way for ANY game out there. Think before you post, as to not look so ignorant

no, its not, and trust me, "they" would appreciate any video proving a so called hack....

you're a loony toon- links or you have little credibility. And I'm not above apologizing when I'm wrong either'
lets see it

View PostKnyx, on 22 March 2015 - 10:29 AM, said:

Issue #6: Lack of real anti-cheat
- I have been in quite a few matches were certain individuals and even units are clearly using some sort of trainer (or Cheat engine). These are scenarios where it is clear that is it far beyond anything that lag may cause. Some examples are Raven's, sometimes even still ones that take more damage then 3 Atlases combined before even going critical. I have even seen a certain unit where every mech was immune to rear damage. I have seen mechs stand there and non stop alpha 4/+ LL or LPL and not only not shut down nor show any signs of heat. I have even seen a light with a single LL turn a fresh assault mech critical from a single front hit.

this was your first post

video of cheats, love to see them

#167 Sandersson Jankins

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 352 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 06:04 PM

View PostKnyx, on 21 April 2015 - 07:57 AM, said:

When I am done, I am sure you will be able to google it as there will be articles written on game review sites. Can't post it here. Most of the units I called out switched to clans the day I called them out in the behavior and the ones that didn't switch I went from facing them 90% of my matches to like 10%, so not sure how I am going to get footage of them without switching to IS

I understand that you will absolutely refuse to accept any reality other than one where the largest, best units in the game all use cheats/hacks, but man....you're sounding pretty out there right now. You're saying that because YOU posted this publicly, even though you've been ridiculed by everyone on the forum, these units in question switched to clan, because you're a clan player and you aren't gonna have access to evidence now?

Really, m8?

Nah, man. Nah.

#168 Anjian

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 07:52 PM

I seriously make a lot of money on CW all the time. In fact, I reached past 400 million in CBills before deciding to spend some of it on more modules. Even with lose, you still make a lot of money.

The repetitive style of CW matches however, does tend to get boring over time.

#169 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 April 2015 - 11:09 AM

still, i would play CW more if people would actually be willing to understand what a PUSH is.
what their mechs SHOULD do and CARRY as weapons or when you drop what.

since that wont happen at any point its pointless to drop with pugs.

#170 Richter Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 601 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 02:41 PM

Tools to capture, edit, and upload video footage of a game are both easy to use and widespread, leaving them constantly running is easy and does not require massive amounts of hard drive space due to the existence of streaming services, and it is not against the terms of service to upload video of a match. The impetus is entirely on you to prove that people are cheating, because it's extremely unlikely that any of the groups you mentioned would do so for many very obvious reasons. I'd assume this was some kind of personal grudge but you mentioned several units that are fighting each other constantly (NS, MS, CI, 6RNT, etc fight on different sides) so I think you just don't know what cheating looks like.

I imagine if you had any real proof you could have easily found it between the time I last told you to prove it and now, and this footage is never going to materialize because you're a liar, a fool, or both, but that's neither here nor there.

Edited by Richter Kerensky, 22 April 2015 - 02:57 PM.

#171 ZenFool

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 414 posts
  • LocationOrion's Bible Belt

Posted 22 April 2015 - 05:00 PM

I thought this guy was already warned about derailing a thread with troll vomit?

On a more topic based note.... The new matchmaker is very punishing in low populations, but I think(hope) it would work fine if more people were playing. I suppose the upcoming event will give us an idea about that, but the only way to find out is to play.

#172 Onionbird

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 199 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 05:33 AM

Unfortunately Knyx, due to your toxic attitude and posting we have no choice but to report your posts for moderation. I hope you take this as a hint to improve your attitude and present your ideas in ways that are not so overtly hostile. Namaste, Mechwarrior.

#173 Onionbird

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 199 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 06:58 AM

It's unfortunate you feel that way (erroneous as it may be), but the TOS is quite clear on what is and what is not acceptable posting behavior.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users