11 replies to this topic

#1 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 30 March 2015 - 04:54 PM

I was playing rounds of CW with my friends yesterday, and I kept coming across a distinct problem within the game in all of my CW matches (various maps).

To start, every match I tend to start doing decent, but then suddenly about half way through (about 5-10 minutes into the match I'd guess), I started to just "melt" from a single mech or maybe two that was shooting at me. I was stumped as to why they could kill me so quickly.

It wasn't till my 3 match of the night that I commented that I found it strange that the two mechs I was fighting (dashing between cover and shooting) could kill me so quickly. Then, my unit-mates commented "That's not what we saw here". They informed me that there was a lot of fire going into me and a lot of enemy mechs.

As luck would have it, that was my last mech for that match, and I started to spectate other members of my team. That's when I noticed it as they were playing, mechs were disappearing and reappearing on my screen as I was watching them. I kept moving into bad situations because I kept seeing "oh, there is only one/two of them there" when really there was four to six enemies there instead, because they were not rendering in for me.

I continued to spectate for the remainder of that match, and noticed it contently as I spectated. That Stormcrow just disappeared and reappeared. Oops, that Timberwolf just vanished too.

Has anyone else experienced this situation? It was rather killer in my cases, as it caused me to charge a large group when I was seeing only a couple of mechs...

#2 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 05:06 PM

The scrappy place sort of thing often happens is the Crimson Straits tunnel.

Tried running repair tool and deleting the shader cache in the new folder ?
Be warned that repair tool itself might be bugged at the moment.

Edited by ShinVector, 30 March 2015 - 05:07 PM.

#3 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 05:13 PM

View PostShinVector, on 30 March 2015 - 05:06 PM, said:

The scrappy place sort of thing often happens is the Crimson Straits tunnel.

Oh, yes it does. I've had to shoot blindly at targets in there more than once, as they could see me and shoot me with accuracy. Only option then was to run away till they rendered in.

I was seeing this on Boriel Vault and that new map mostly (whatever it's called). When I was spectating, I literally saw mechs blip in and out of sight. One moment, they were there. The next, they were gone. When I was playing, I'm guessing it was happening then too, because I was spouting some "I can't believe that just happened"s and "how did I die so fast"s into my unit comms. I'm just happy one of my unit-mates pointed out "um, there was a lot of guys over there" at some point, which made me start keeping an eye out for what was happening. :ph34r:

It was making me very curious how a single mech was able to incinerate my mechs so quickly... :unsure: The fact he wasn't alone probably was why...

#4 WonderSparks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 909 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC, Canada

Posted 30 March 2015 - 06:24 PM

Crikey, that sounds like a pretty nasty issue.

Not having played any online matches (let alone CW matches) lately, I cannot say I have seen anything quite like it before.
But I know I would not be happy if I had something like that happen; hopefully something can be done about that. :blink:

#5 Ironwithin

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,613 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 March 2015 - 10:29 PM

Stuff not rendering = bad bad sign.
Are your temperatures ok ? Drivers up-to-date ? Ran the repair tool ? Tried deleting the shaders folder ?

#6 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 10:57 PM

View PostIronwithin, on 30 March 2015 - 10:29 PM, said:

Are your temperatures ok ?
Drivers up-to-date ?
Ran the repair tool ?
Tried deleting the shaders folder ?

As far as I know.
As far as I know.
Haven't yet, probably should soon.
Have not yet. Will let the repair tool handle that task.

#7 Ironwithin

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,613 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:25 PM

View PostTesunie, on 30 March 2015 - 10:57 PM, said:

Have not yet. Will let the repair tool handle that task.

It doesn't, apparently. You'll have to do it yourself.

#8 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 09:05 AM

View PostIronwithin, on 30 March 2015 - 11:25 PM, said:

It doesn't, apparently. You'll have to do it yourself.

Depends upon your settings maybe? I'll check as I'm doing a repair tool on my game now, so I'll let you know in a moment.

Did not clean out the shaders from what I could tell.

Edited by Tesunie, 31 March 2015 - 09:29 AM.

#9 Troutmonkey

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 01 April 2015 - 04:09 PM

View PostIronwithin, on 30 March 2015 - 10:29 PM, said:

Stuff not rendering = bad bad sign.
Are your temperatures ok ? Drivers up-to-date ? Ran the repair tool ? Tried deleting the shaders folder ?

MWO has really, REALLY bad LoD settings. Things are constantly popping in and out / not rendering at certain distances. As mentioned think Crimson Straight, it's likely they messed up just as much in other areas on some maps.

#10 xWiredx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 05:20 PM

Yeah, this is a problem most players experience, especially in Crimson Strait but also just in general because of the LOD issue (and possibly something else as well). You should be able to adjust things via user.cfg, but it will probably come with a decent hit to performance if you go too far.

#11 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 07:24 PM

View PostTesunie, on 31 March 2015 - 09:05 AM, said:

Depends upon your settings maybe? I'll check as I'm doing a repair tool on my game now, so I'll let you know in a moment.

Did not clean out the shaders from what I could tell.

Dude...
http://mwomercs.com/...e-shader-cache/

#12 gloowa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 645 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 04:24 AM

the lower your settings the more pronounced the LoD issues will be. I play with everything on lowest possible and on every map, wherever i am, there's at least one hill/whatever that will not render and allow me to "wallhack" see mechs behind it. Canyon Network does it all the time, also the older-new CW map does it as well (CW Canyon Network, forgot the name). If i set the terrain to high, problems seem to virtually disappear. Except of course for the Crimson Strait 4 dimensional tunnel.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users