#21 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 31 March 2015 - 02:11 PM

View PostBrizna, on 31 March 2015 - 01:55 PM, said:

I don't know about that but if PGI's religion prevents them from it they could just leave all the omnipods as they are and simply add new omnipods to buy:
Head F: No fixed cAP, ECM hardpoint
Head G: No fixed cAP, Energy hardpoint.
Arm F: 2 Ballistics + 1 Energy

FIXED, or rather: reasonable

Forget the head; just give us the G and the F arms!

The F is 4E per arm, the G is 1E4B per arm.

8 MG Koshi! The G also has 2 leg lasers...which could handily fit in the RT, with 2 crit slots available. 4E8B sounds delicious.

4 ERMLs with 3k ammo, or 7K ammo with ERSLs.

Heck, even just the 'G RT' would be a big buff, to 6 E hardpoints, AND TORSO HARDPOINTS!

Of course, we can't have nice things.

Edited by Mcgral18, 31 March 2015 - 02:11 PM.

#22 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 31 March 2015 - 04:53 PM

Just give it Locust level quirks.

/thread.

#23 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 05:32 PM

I just want more armor in my arms. Much more armor. The Mist Lynx is the only 'Mech I have where I have to tell myself to not rotate through damage because, if I do, I will get my firepower blasted away.

I've started grinding them out recently. It's starting to click with me, but my god the arms are just so, so squishy.

Also, on second consideration, a Summoner-like 5% speed quirk wouldn't me amiss, either. It's already running way slower than it should without Speed Tweak which, for a super squishy light. 5 kph off of the TBR's lore speed pre-Tweak is a smaller percentage than 5 kph off of the MLX. That is murder, man, murder!

I love this 'Mech though. Locusts are best, but they are no longer Hard ModeTM.

Edited by Yeonne Greene, 31 March 2015 - 05:33 PM.

#24 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 31 March 2015 - 06:45 PM

The Mist Lynx is an endangered species.

A major chunk of its mass is in its arms (like 30 to 40%) and it is our duty make sure they don't die out like the Spider-5V.

With your contribution of *redacted* C-bills MC, you can tell PGI to SAVE THE MIST LYNX from extinction.

Please, think of the Mist Lynx... trial mech. Don't let friends pilot the trial mech.

Now pray to MechJesus... even if it does have a variant with the Magic Jesus Box.

HELP US AS SOON AS YOU CAN!

#25 Leggin Ho

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 495 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationBristol, Va

Posted 31 March 2015 - 06:55 PM

I like the Mist Lynx myself, and run them almost every drop in CW, it's a great scout and good to "poke" at the rear of enemy mechs once I work behind them, BUT it is too hot for the weapons it carries and really should have the 10 true DHS in the engine as well as some speed increases and beefing of the internals in the arms. It's a light so doing 1000 pt's of damage is possible and I've done it multiple times, it's "role" really is as a scout and early warning mech. Would it be nice for it to take and give damage like the broken Firestarter, sure but do we really want another broken mech in the game or should we alos wish for PGI to fix some of the IS lights that are totally OUT of what TT and Lore always said they should be.

#26 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 07:02 PM

I don't want it to tank and damage like a Firestarter. I just want to be able to not get crippled by a single volley from a Streak Crow, a 'Mech it can't even run away from. Even my 89-armor Locust can maintain greater combat effectiveness after sustaining one of those hits, and it also has the ability to dodge.

As for heat, I don't find it an issue, and I don't even have the 2x bonuses yet. I don't find heat to be an issue with Clans in general, let alone this one 'Mech.

#27 Curccu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,614 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 09:57 PM

View PostGrisbane, on 31 March 2015 - 09:53 AM, said:

I know a few pilots that would disagree with the whole "save the Myst Lynx " I have seen them easily rack 800/900 damage games on a constant basis with it. it is a finesse mech that only a very skilled light pilot can use. considering we have so many mechs designed to cater to the masses, 1 or 2 chassis should be allowed to sit in the "high floor, higher ceiling" department

The one who is that good with mist lynx could rise his arm and show his W/L K/D and damage done stats...
I think I have played that mech semi decently and got only 309 average damage/a game :(

#28 Aresye

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 10:05 PM

View PostGrisbane, on 31 March 2015 - 09:53 AM, said:

I know a few pilots that would disagree with the whole "save the Myst Lynx " I have seen them easily rack 800/900 damage games on a constant basis with it. it is a finesse mech that only a very skilled light pilot can use. considering we have so many mechs designed to cater to the masses, 1 or 2 chassis should be allowed to sit in the "high floor, higher ceiling" department

I can consistently do well in a Mist Lynx because I like a good challenge. Doesn't mean it isn't a trash mech. If I do better in a Mist Lynx because it gets buffed, great! I hope to inspire future, "Mist Lynx OP," threads.

Balance NEEDS to be tweaked at the level of the average player, and for the average player, the Mist Lynx is crap.

View PostCurccu, on 31 March 2015 - 09:57 PM, said:

The one who is that good with mist lynx could rise his arm and show his W/L K/D and damage done stats...
I think I have played that mech semi decently and got only 309 average damage/a game :(

Posted Image
430dmg/match avg
My first CW match I took a MLX out for my first mech. Had 1600dmg when I died and took out my next mech o.O

Edited by Aresye, 31 March 2015 - 10:17 PM.

#29 Brizna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,360 posts
  • LocationCatalonia

Posted 01 April 2015 - 02:22 AM

My best MLX (ERPPC+ECM ) is at 240 dmg/match I think PGI should nerf Aresye, add him 500 ping pls :P

#30 Kmieciu

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 01 April 2015 - 02:57 AM

View PostBrizna, on 01 April 2015 - 02:22 AM, said:

My best MLX (ERPPC+ECM ) is at 240 dmg/match I think PGI should nerf Aresye, add him 500 ping pls :P

3.33 Win rate? I envy his team mates. Because sure as hell those are not solo queue stats ;-)

#31 Draal Kaan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 356 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 April 2015 - 03:15 AM

I am ok with my 4SPL Lynx...
As long as i am ignored (which is done by most), i can deal decent damage.
But once targeted, the arms are blown away in not time...

So i agree, it could need some love... I would love to use the ECM, but i simply can't. ;)

#32 Chagatay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 964 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 10:25 PM

Ah the good old small death. Almost always in my drop deck as a bench warmer to give me access to bigger mechs with more guns. The mech is beastly* in prolonged engagements where both sides fail to really push or pull and are just mucking around**. Just slap on your ERPPC and ECM and fill them with blue bolts of win sauce from here, there, and well everywhere in your portable nuclear oven.

*Not kidding, the amount of LP gain from hit and run, flanking, protected light (lets face it everyone around you will be heavy), spotting (sporting my range boost mod for super far 'R' locks and advanced target decay) is just crazy good (third mod is reduced fall damage because I sometimes believe in the false notion I can fly like an aerospace pilot).

**Left your big burly 'mech to die on the planned trench push? Time to load up on the little guy.

Edited by Chagatay, 01 April 2015 - 10:25 PM.

#33 Brizna

• Liquid Metal
  • 1,360 posts
  • LocationCatalonia

Posted 02 April 2015 - 02:40 PM

I just played my best (most satisfying) match in a MLX, 4xspl river city night. Nothing to be too excited about when compared to other mechs but 420 damage and 5 kills felt.... whole.

Still it was a perfect storm of right map, right illumination (dark), right mode (conquest to spread teams) and right positioning ... I surely wouldn't be posting about 400 damage in a death's knell even in its seriously underquirked state.

Edited by Brizna, 02 April 2015 - 02:40 PM.

#34 Larsh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Lanner
  • The Lanner
  • 272 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationYinz all going to EnP at PGH n'at?

Posted 06 February 2016 - 12:00 AM

I would also like this mech to be revisited. I know the Arctic Cheetah has come out, and pretty much outclassed this mech in every way. But, a re-balance or tweak to this mech would make MWO not feel stale in the light mech area.

#35 Col Jaime Wolf

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 05:00 AM

would be nice to shave out the CBap, some of the JJ and DHS for different variety, more omnipods would be nice as well. also fix the freaking huge arms on lights PGI, commandos suffer this problem as well just not to such a degree.

#36 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 February 2016 - 06:10 AM

View PostBrizna, on 31 March 2015 - 06:59 AM, said:

Sugestion: Whatever web page or technical read out this mechs comes from make as it never existed, then:

But... but... if you look at the technical read out... you find the MLX-P. Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

(last one has an extra DHS that can't fit, ignore that. woups)

#37 Larsh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Lanner
  • The Lanner
  • 272 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationYinz all going to EnP at PGH n'at?

Posted 06 February 2016 - 07:45 AM

View PostTarogato, on 06 February 2016 - 06:10 AM, said:

But... but... if you look at the technical read out... you find the MLX-P. Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

(last one has an extra DHS that can't fit, ignore that. woups)

So many lasers! Good to have spare when they get knocked off in battle Posted Image

#38 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 12:29 PM

But those fragile arms, tho'...

#39 WrathOfDeadguy

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 08:50 PM

Much as I'm not the greatest fan of powercreep, I find the idea of a 25-tonner with enough pewpew to level a city block pretty funny. Which is one of the many, many reasons why the Raptor is a thing that needs to happen.

Of course, it never will happen, and neither will those MLX-P omnipods, because as any COM or MLX pilot who's been paying attention since quirks dropped can readily attest, PGI hates 25-tonners and wants them to be sad forever. It's been proven. With Science! Posted Image

Seriously, though, I'd support just about any buff anyone suggests for the MLX, starting with unlocked CAP and jets. It's not as if a slow 25-tonner is going to become the new meta cheesegod even if it gets to play with its equipment in ways the other omnis can't.

#40 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 06 February 2016 - 09:15 PM

There's nothing to save because Paul hates 25-tonners.

:(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users