12 replies to this topic

#1 Deristul

• Pip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 19 posts
  • LocationGeorgia US

Posted 31 March 2015 - 09:10 AM

I have read in a few forums that house Marik has a history with wolverines. That being said I'm new to the meta game. Havn't played the TT either.

I am loving community warfare, but I'm looking for a certain kind of people. Bonuses to my wolvies would be nice, but something else matters more. In a nut shell...

I'm looking for a community of people who don't ***** about clan mechs being op. That being said they are op, but that makes killing them all the more satisfying. I'm looking for people that appreciate the challenge and run IS with pride. I'm looking for people that know the difference between tactics and strategy.

So House Marik I read your creed and charter, but what say your pilots? Are you guys who I'm looking for?

I look forward to a favorable response. Death to the clans, especially man bear pig...

Deristul former 19-D

#2 Stingr4y

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 336 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 11:28 AM

Great attitude. Pilots like you will go far in CW. Several of us are in the same mind set that know that if you are with the right team, clammers can drop just as fast, but you need to work together.

As for fighting the clans on their own planets, Marik has a slight disadvantage. There are 3 southern IS houses that have no access to clan fronts, so several of us will support and defend northern houses when we can. When we do defend against clans, there are no QQ'ing about Clans being OP. The tactics just need to work right.

To find out more about us, please go to www.house-marik.com and take a look. We are all here when you need us, and we will get you in the games that you are looking for.

#3 Jown7676

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationMacon, GA

Posted 31 March 2015 - 11:42 AM

I would like to recommend that you join A.C.E.S. We are a casual group with some comp players and we fight the clans often, and usually win.

http://www.aces-hq.com

We are a Merc corp so we change groups often, normally about every couple of weeks (mostly to where the fights are). We can teach you with training sessions and we have very good drop callers. Drop on by and say high in the NGNG teamspeak if you are interested. :)

#4 Lightning0861

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 60 posts
  • LocationBerenson, Free Worlds League

Posted 01 April 2015 - 07:37 AM

I will second what Singr4y says. Some of us including myself will help the Northern Houses and defend their planets just to get some very tough and competent competition. If it were up to me (and its not I have only been playing seriously a month) we would stop all IS land grabs and purely defend against the clans as the competition would hone our skills and make us better players. That being said as a southern house we do not have any lanes to take any planets from the clans. We do have 12 man's going every night so you will get a lot of CW and in the form of some good competition against IS houses like Kurita (there 12 mans are VERY skilled) although we are currently in a ceasefire and Steiner who field some good groups (Sky Ranger's A team is damn good and all of 12 DG) and Davion who also field some competent groups although I have fought them the least so I am less familiar with their organized teams.

Secondly, as Jown said if you go Merc ACES is great group to checkout. They were with us for a while and I dropped with them for 2 weeks. Very skilled. Very professional. I have nothing bad to say about them other then I wish they were permanent Marik. The Templars who are with us for now are very god too and really help players.

Lastly, If you are FWL at heart for old battletech loyalties there is Definitely a core group of players that love to CW here. Personally I hope to see you as a loyalist to Marik we always need pilots with your type of attitude!

Regards,
Andy

#5 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 April 2015 - 07:46 AM

I know you are posting in Marik forums, but I can't ignore this:

View PostDeristul, on 31 March 2015 - 09:10 AM, said:

• I'm looking for a community of people who don't ***** about clan mechs being op.
  • I'm looking for people that appreciate the challenge and run IS with pride.

... you just accurately described the FRR in a nutshell. Space Vikings laugh in the face of Clantech, stomp or be stomped. Lately they've been doing the stomping. They're also literally right in the middle of Clan space right now, chewing up the Clans bit by bit from the inside out.

#6 Deristul

• Pip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 19 posts
  • LocationGeorgia US

Posted 01 April 2015 - 06:48 PM

First of all thank you for good answers. I've been dropping with Marik a lot lately. Good guys, communicate, focus fire, and pretty mellow. So far I'm signed up for a 28 day contract. I signed up on the website and I filled out my application.

So I'll roll with Marik for now. So far I've been in several drops with these guys, a few clan fights and we took them...mostly. So far I see good strategy and cooperation. I might go loyalist, just agree with the general vibe of House Mariks charter and pilot skill helps too. Forgive my grammer, I'm in a hurry. My four kids are raising hell ATM. TY again see you on the battle field!

#7 Uklistan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 266 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 12:27 AM

There is another group out there to look into: Templars. We're a really good solid unit and currently with a house Marik contract. We, like ACES & a few others, are a merc group that switches between the IS factions every few weeks - going where the fight is. Like most of the other units out there, we have a pilot training program, and many people who are very in-touch with the meta. We also have connections all over the MWO units, even some of the best pilots in MWO have grace our hollowed halls.

Fun Facts:

We have many pilots who are veterans of the Siege of Asuncion, the Wazan Meat Grinder. {Back when we were davion}
Participants in PGI's: First Engagement Tournament.
Currently hold a 80%+ win ration versus Clans. (Including a 48-4 win, Yes I do have a SS)

#8 Scoops Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 716 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 12:40 AM

The Templars are an incredibly dedicated unit, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them as a stopping point for someone looking to play daily. They constantly impressed those of us in Kurita with their commitment to being there playing and coordinating with us nearly every day.

#9 Deristul

• Pip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 19 posts
  • LocationGeorgia US

Posted 02 April 2015 - 11:33 AM

I'm doing a 28 day contract with Marik for now. I have enjoyed fighting with these guys so far. I figure it takes a month to really know you like a group. You'll find I am methodical as hell about most things. I've read good reports for the Templars and the A.C.E.S. After my contract with Marik I will consider running with a merc group for awhile. I would love to get some IS vs Clans going more often. Marik for now seems focused on keeping Terra and thus we drop against House Davion a lot. Loving it so far though. I used to drive a bradly and loved those things. Tanks and walking mechs work the same. I never made gunner or TC, but I had a blast driving. Oh and I once won a 12 pack of beer for proving that you can get a tank stuck in the mud. Hell I'm from Georgia son, we can get anything stuck in anything!

Looking forward to some good CW tonight as I will be sans wife and kids for only the second time in 8 years!
Come to think of it I'm gonna grab a 12 pack. Don't worry I won't be running around leg humping I can pace myself.

Seriously ask any family man with a bunch of kids, tonight is priceless! See you guys in the field.

#10 S T I N G S

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 02 April 2015 - 02:31 PM

Don't forget about the Seraphim!
We are a lot of the time with House Marik... But with Steiner right now...
We are a no profanity/Christian guild...
And love to have active pilots

#11 Deristul

• Pip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 19 posts
  • LocationGeorgia US

Posted 14 April 2015 - 01:32 PM

When I started this thread about a month ago, I had no idea what to expect. So far I've had a blast running with marik. I'll probably go loyalist and stick with you. I like the teams, and we play smart. Today I had a blast pugging with a unit in teamspeak. Even before that the pugs were jammin today.

Long story short, glad I signed up, and having a lot of fun. I've seen a few bad nights, but for the most part I've seen about 70-80% win ratio.

House Marik is where its at! Ty for some great runs.

#12 Tarhornak

• Pip
  • Captain
  • Captain
  • 16 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 April 2015 - 09:07 AM

I welcome you Deristul to Marik.

Have fun with us Loyalists!

#13 Cleaver404

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 43 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 April 2015 - 12:06 AM

Yup, good choice, you're definitely in the right place.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users