What One Mech Meakes You Lick Your Chops And Think...."yeaahhhhh.... Lunch!" When You See It On The Other Team?

113 replies to this topic

#81 Fate 6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 03:30 PM

View PostMetus regem, on 31 March 2015 - 09:26 AM, said:

Kit Fox, I love stumbling into those on my YEN-LO-WANG.

And thanks Bishop for giving me that build, I like it a lot.

My Locusts are often too busy running like hell to notice what I'm shooting at...

Should move a ton of ammo to the head. Also, should remove 2 tons of ammo and upgrade the MLs to MPLs. The beam duration difference is the difference between life and death. You shouldn't really be engaging much past 300m in the YLW anyway.

As to the mechs I love seeing, literally anything that I know is stock. Also, most Grid Iron pilots are garbage and it's really easy to instakill their Gauss Rifle.

#82 Johny Rocket

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 03:34 PM

The slowest assault in their lance. Doesn't really matter what he is swinging. But I really get excited when its an Atlas or King Crab. If Im light and fast I like to run up behind them, 5-10m, make sure they know Im there, then slowly rotate with them staying behind and well you know this story already.

#83 mkapraly

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 19 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 03:36 PM

Most likely the urbanmech when it comes out on Tuesday. I'm looking forward to wrecking the light queue with dual gauss

#84 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 31 March 2015 - 03:36 PM

Champion Stalker with the stock loadout. Rip one side off and it dies. A welcome change from the other Stalkers, those need to be shredded before they're dead.

#85 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 03:43 PM

TBRs, because I use LBX 10 on a few builds and I can get that CT, and because they almost always bring LRMS so maybe about 1/3 of their available firepower is doing nothing for a brawl. I get Stalkers and Warhawks and even DWFs if I can stay out of their face, I can still slap that nose.

#86 Kiiyor

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 31 March 2015 - 03:51 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 31 March 2015 - 09:22 AM, said:

To this day, no matter what I am in, I just feel zero trepidation about 1v1ing an Awesome. Any AWS, and speed, any loadout. But most especially, a nice, fat, lone and juicy 8R with lots of LRMs.

I round the bend and see one of them in their usual "hiding in cover while their team does the targeting" position? Hunchy just found an all you can eat buffet.

Fresh mech on fresh mech, uninterrupted, I don't think I have ever lost to one since the Stat reset, and seldom have I lost to other models.

And this makes me sad. Always want to love the Awesome. But.... Awesome....isn't.

How about you guys?

For me, it's Awesomes and Atlai.

I fear a Raven with a single ERLL more than an Awesome.

The Atlas is just too short range. I love seeing one because they are oh so satisfying to crack open. Pop that ballistic torso and you can almost guarantee that you've neutered it.

#87 LORD ORION

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 03:58 PM

Blackjack

#88 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 31 March 2015 - 04:10 PM

View PostFate 6, on 31 March 2015 - 03:30 PM, said:

Should move a ton of ammo to the head. Also, should remove 2 tons of ammo and upgrade the MLs to MPLs. The beam duration difference is the difference between life and death. You shouldn't really be engaging much past 300m in the YLW anyway.

I run a ton and a half less ammo, and pull 8 points armor from each leg to make up the difference for the MPLs. A lot of people obsess over the YLW's AC20 and try to focus the arm, so most of them ignore the legs. Also, another big YLW tip: paint it all one color. The base paintjob screams, "I have an AC20 and you want to kill me at range!" A monocolor paint job hides that trademark sunburst pretty well, especially if you use one of the darker blacks (I use the Hotrod Black that I got as a Project Phoenix bonus goodie).

#89 Gamuray

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 866 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 04:15 PM

Timberwolves are the most tasty meals when I'm in my 4 large pulse TDR-9SE. Such confidence, I smash it before it amounts to anything. Yum. :P

#90 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 31 March 2015 - 04:43 PM

There isn't any one mech exactly (although the Mist Lynx qualifies pretty well), but bad builds make me go nom nom nom.

Whether it's Lurms, or a terrible misuse of the chassis, or even stock Champion/trial mechs... yes... it's nom nom nom.... unfortunately.

#91 Saint Scarlett Johan

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts
  • LocationOn the Delta side of Vicksburg

Posted 31 March 2015 - 04:56 PM

For me right now it's gotta be the Zeus. It's like and Awesome without the quirks.

#92 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 31 March 2015 - 04:59 PM

View PostFate 6, on 31 March 2015 - 03:30 PM, said:

As to the mechs I love seeing, literally anything that I know is stock. Also, most Grid Iron pilots are garbage and it's really easy to instakill their Gauss Rifle.

Technically, the build he got off me was:
One True Wang
Same build I have run on it since the day it was introduced (except possibly the DHS, I honestly cannot remember which was introduced first).

As you noted, the speed makes the range irrelevant, and the beam duration is often the difference between keeping your RA or not. The Mech absorbs damage like a hoss, and I find few enough people try to leg me, that I prefer to keep my shield arm fully armored to absorb more punishemnt.

With this setup, I probably lose the arm one match in 4, and lose it before I run out of ammo (or nearly) 1 match in 10.

Though I admit, I feel a little ashamed to admit, I have largely parked it in favor of my HBK-4G. Though when I need to run Medium Mechs in a non CW match on my Clan Acct, I go to my YLW before ANY Clan Medium made.

View PostLord Scarlett Johan, on 31 March 2015 - 04:56 PM, said:

For me right now it's gotta be the Zeus. It's like and Awesome without the quirks.

You must be running against Lightfoot a lot then.... because with pilots who twist, Zeus are tough as nails.

#93 Saint Scarlett Johan

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 05:01 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 31 March 2015 - 04:59 PM, said:

You must be running against Lightfoot a lot then.... because with pilots who twist, Zeus are tough as nails.

I dunno who that is. I just know as an avid Awesome pilot, I find the Zeus goes down so much quicker.

#94 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 05:02 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 31 March 2015 - 09:22 AM, said:

To this day, no matter what I am in, I just feel zero trepidation about 1v1ing an Awesome. Any AWS, and speed, any loadout. But most especially, a nice, fat, lone and juicy 8R with lots of LRMs.

I round the bend and see one of them in their usual "hiding in cover while their team does the targeting" position? Hunchy just found an all you can eat buffet.

Fresh mech on fresh mech, uninterrupted, I don't think I have ever lost to one since the Stat reset, and seldom have I lost to other models.

And this makes me sad. Always want to love the Awesome. But.... Awesome....isn't.

How about you guys?

Atlas. Atlas is always lunch. It is, quite possibly, the most non-threatening 'Mech in the game. It can pretty much only kill you if you let it.

Runner up is the Nova. That 'Mech is a stinker in open combat. Its forte lies in being sneaky...it's basically a giant Light.

#95 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 31 March 2015 - 05:04 PM

View PostLord Scarlett Johan, on 31 March 2015 - 05:01 PM, said:

I dunno who that is. I just know as an avid Awesome pilot, I find the Zeus goes down so much quicker.

Definitely running into scrub pilots then. My 6S loves him some AWS flesh.

#96 Saint Scarlett Johan

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 05:17 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 31 March 2015 - 05:04 PM, said:

Definitely running into scrub pilots then. My 6S loves him some AWS flesh.

It's gotta be. I've also been having trouble running them though. This is the only build I've been able to do well in: ZEU-9S

I just get bowled over so fast by all the meta mechs in group queue. It's relativity safe for CW though since there's a lot less meta there.

Edited by Lord Scarlett Johan, 31 March 2015 - 05:18 PM.

#97 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 31 March 2015 - 05:50 PM

View PostLord Scarlett Johan, on 31 March 2015 - 05:17 PM, said:

It's gotta be. I've also been having trouble running them though. This is the only build I've been able to do well in: ZEU-9S

I just get bowled over so fast by all the meta mechs in group queue. It's relativity safe for CW though since there's a lot less meta there.

That's rather amusing... Hardcore mode, not that hardcore....

#98 LordBraxton

• The Formidable
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 05:52 PM

dragon, awesome, quickdraw.

(adder, cute fox)

...grasshopper.

Edited by LordBraxton, 31 March 2015 - 05:53 PM.

#99 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 31 March 2015 - 06:02 PM

View PostLord Scarlett Johan, on 31 March 2015 - 05:17 PM, said:

Try this: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...a12a29f986d0849

Hits like a truck. Just remember to baby your heat scale a little and stick with the pack, you should do fine.

#100 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 06:02 PM

Now that ive played a bit more, mechs that make me lick my chops? Jagers, since they are low on armor, carry big guns and have XL STs....so easy to kill off. Dragons as well...

But I tend to aim CT anyway...

Oh, DWFs as well, when they are not looking my way.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users