63 replies to this topic

#21 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 31 March 2015 - 11:39 AM

I think I'll be keeping my R60L with the slower speed, just for that AC 20... she is going to hit like a truck.... put on radar drep and laugh all the way to the bank in a map like river city.

#22 ThirtyOughtSix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 318 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 11:42 AM

If they're hit boxes actually register the way they should oh man I can't wait. Going to one shot then all day in my T-Bolt with 4 LPL.

#23 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 31 March 2015 - 11:55 AM

View PostEcrof, on 31 March 2015 - 11:08 AM, said:

Any one else exited about slaughtering Urbanmechs? They are going to be so easy to kill like lams to a slaughter. :)
CPLT-A1(C)

almost as excited as I will be about killing derps that think I'm easy prey. I need THIS

as a warhorn to mock you with when it happens.

Over. And over again.

View PostMetus regem, on 31 March 2015 - 11:39 AM, said:

I think I'll be keeping my R60L with the slower speed, just for that AC 20... she is going to hit like a truck.... put on radar drep and laugh all the way to the bank in a map like river city.

hoping for MG like LB-X like my CN9-D.

Of course after the amazement that was the Clan Quirkening..... I might not want to hold my breath.

#24 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 31 March 2015 - 11:56 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 31 March 2015 - 11:55 AM, said:

Of course after the amazement that was the Clan Quirkening..... I might not want to hold my breath.

Urbs is an IS gundam instead of a Clam gundam, so there's still some hope... They've also so far been doing pretty well with the countdown to Urbie thing, so maybe if they really wanted to build hype they could give it nice quirkage...

#25 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 11:58 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 31 March 2015 - 11:55 AM, said:

A good reason, just to take a mech, with out consideration of what ever bandaid quirks they get. I'd still rock my Dragon's with or with out the 1N's ludicrous RoF on those AC 5's...

#26 Ecrof

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 11:58 AM

Poor lone assault mech ;)

#27 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 12:01 PM

View PostFupDup, on 31 March 2015 - 11:56 AM, said:

Urbs is an IS gundam instead of a Clam gundam, so there's still some hope... They've also so far been doing pretty well with the countdown to Urbie thing, so maybe if they really wanted to build hype they could give it nice quirkage...

Or all that is just consolation prizes to cushion the blow when it ends up sucking worse than in TT, lol.

Either way......
Posted Image

Prepare to be rectally enlightened (or analrekt, 4 short) on the 7th...... as the 4 winds are unleashed, the Horsemen ride and the Church of Urbietology rises ascendant! (Join today for just 20 USD! Operators, standing by!)

View PostEcrof, on 31 March 2015 - 11:58 AM, said:

streaks don't do much.... to the mech that is 300 meters....behind you.
Especially with his ECM buddy.

Must be a pretty sad Assault when all he can do is HOPE to hit a slow light with no aim weapons. *SMH*

#28 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 12:01 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 31 March 2015 - 11:59 AM, said:

Or all that is just consolation prizes to cushion the blow when it ends up sucking worse than in TT, lol.

Either way......
Posted Image

Prepare to be rectally enlightened (or analrekt, 4 short) on the 7th...... as the 4 winds are unleashed, the Horsemen ride and the Church of Urbietology rises ascendant! (Join today for just 20 USD! Operators, standing by!)

I think turning out worse than TT would be difficult, given the already decently merciful engine cap. The worse case scenario is that you could load up some Large Lasers + Machine Guns and play it like one of the pre-quirk slow Ravens, with roughly similar effectiveness (or lack thereof).

Best case it might be comparable to its Clam counterparts (I hope).

#29 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 12:02 PM

View PostFupDup, on 31 March 2015 - 12:01 PM, said:

I think turning out worse than TT would be difficult, given the already decently merciful engine cap. The worse case scenario is that you could load up some Large Lasers + Machine Guns and play it like one of the pre-quirk slow Ravens, with roughly similar effectiveness (or lack thereof).

Best case it might be comparable to its Clam counterparts (I hope).

Used intelligently..(aka in cover) the Urbanmech was actually a rather potent mech.... since it could usually wreck any other Light in the game with 1-2 shots. And had the armor to take any return fire. Even Panthers and Wolfhounds weren't "sure things" against it...unless you could drag it out into open terrain.

#30 Ecrof

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 12:05 PM

Dumb post

Edited by Ecrof, 31 March 2015 - 12:10 PM.

#31 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 12:05 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 31 March 2015 - 12:02 PM, said:

Used intelligently..(aka in cover) the Urbanmech was actually a rather potent mech.... since it could usually wreck any other Light in the game with 1-2 shots. And had the armor to take any return fire. Even Panthers and Wolfhounds weren't "sure things" against it...unless you could drag it out into open terrain.

When we compare it against all the other TT mechs as a whole, the Urbie's one trait is just that you can spam a crapton of them due to low C-Bills/BV. For a 1-to-1 basis there are more powerful and more armored mechs that move at least 2/3 MP or faster...

#32 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 12:07 PM

View PostEcrof, on 31 March 2015 - 12:05 PM, said:

Locust eats you for dinner.

Maybe in MWO. Not in the TT scenario Fup and I are talking about.

View PostFupDup, on 31 March 2015 - 12:05 PM, said:

When we compare it against all the other TT mechs as a whole, the Urbie's one trait is just that you can spam a crapton of them due to low C-Bills/BV. For a 1-to-1 basis there are more powerful and more armored mechs that move at least 2/3 MP or faster...

You'll note I'm not talking about BV? Go fire up megamek and run a lance of urbies against a lance of any other 3025 Lights, and the Urbies will win more than not. Because the other Lights have to come into range of the Urbie, except the Valkyrie and Panther. And you put it in a city, the Urbies just have to park it and wait.

I find it funny people think as 1 dimensional about TT as they do MWO.

#33 WarHippy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 12:10 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 31 March 2015 - 12:01 PM, said:

Either way......
Posted Image

streaks don't do much.... to the mech that is 300 meters....behind you.
Especially with his ECM buddy.

Must be a pretty sad Assault when all he can do is HOPE to hit a slow light with no aim weapons. *SMH*

So how much would I need to pay you to make a poster size version of that pic and ship it to me in a blueprint tube so I can hang it on my wall? :wub:

#34 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 12:10 PM

View PostWarHippy, on 31 March 2015 - 12:10 PM, said:

So how much would I need to pay you to make a poster size version of that pic and ship it to me in a blueprint tube so I can hang it on my wall? :wub:

I think it can be ordered thusly off my Deviantart acct........

#35 Dirkdaring

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 685 posts
  • LocationTwycross

Posted 31 March 2015 - 12:11 PM

Urbanmechs travel in single file, to hide their numbers.

Be warned!

#36 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 12:11 PM

View PostEcrof, on 31 March 2015 - 12:05 PM, said:

Locust eats you for dinner.

City map in TT would wreak that Locust, she can't really use her speed to get the defensive mods... to many turns, and if you run and turn, you run the risk of falling and doing damage to your mech, and making you an easy meal next turn for that Urbanmech.

#37 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 12:12 PM

View PostDirkdaring, on 31 March 2015 - 12:11 PM, said:

Urbanmechs travel in single file, to hide their numbers.

Be warned!

and hide underneath Direwolfs and catapults.......

#38 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 12:13 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 31 March 2015 - 12:07 PM, said:

You'll note I'm not talking about BV? Go fire up megamek and run a lance of urbies against a lance of any other 3025 Lights, and the Urbies will win more than not. Because the other Lights have to come into range of the Urbie, except the Valkyrie and Panther. And you put it in a city, the Urbies just have to park it and wait.

I find it funny people think as 1 dimensional about TT as they do MWO.

It's about more than just lights. It's about any mech of any weight with a top speed of at least 2/3 MP, with at least equal armor, and at least equal guns as an Urbs. Throw on 2 JJs as well if you want. Mediums, heavies, and assaults can fulfill that criterion quite easily.

The Urbie cannot beat those mechs in a 1-on-1, but it does have the attribute of being way cheaper, which means you can use them in greater numbers. It's a Zergling vs Zealot type situation like from Starcraft.

#39 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 12:21 PM

View PostFupDup, on 31 March 2015 - 12:13 PM, said:

It's about more than just lights. It's about any mech of any weight with a top speed of at least 2/3 MP, with at least equal armor, and at least equal guns as an Urbs. Throw on 2 JJs as well if you want. Mediums, heavies, and assaults can fulfill that criterion quite easily.

The Urbie cannot beat those mechs in a 1-on-1, but it does have the attribute of being way cheaper, which means you can use them in greater numbers. It's a Zergling vs Zealot type situation like from Starcraft.

Get's pretty funny when you can plunk down a full company of them for less than the cost of one Timber Wolf, then watch that Clan runner brick himself when he sees that you dropped down 10 times his number in Urbanmechs.

#40 WarHippy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 12:23 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 31 March 2015 - 12:10 PM, said:

I think it can be ordered thusly off my Deviantart acct........

Unless I missed it I don't think it is. :(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users