23 replies to this topic

#1 Ted Wayz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,913 posts
  • LocationTea with Romano

Posted 31 March 2015 - 04:35 PM

First of all I have asked customer support, and no, there are no more Gold Timberwolfves for sale. And I respect PGI for their stance. They said the item would have limited availability and they are sticking to it. This is good as it also holds for the Gold Stormcrow and Dire Whale that I own.

But Sir Lock-a-Lot... (not really, these forums are pretty free flowing but I like the moniker)

If a player would like to divest themselves of a Gold Timberwolf there are many ways, with the assistance of PGI, to do a transfer without violating the ToS, EULA or whatever the hell else you would want to throw at it.

So it is a fair question to ask if anyone has a Gold Timberwolf they want to get rid of and then work through and with PGI to complete a transfer of sorts.

Asking if someone has a Timberwolf they want to get rid of is not a violation of anything.

#2 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 31 March 2015 - 04:57 PM

did you hear? Someone (probably no one, sorry man), my want to get rid of a Gold Timberwolf!!!

Ted, sorry, but I don't think anyone wants to get rid of $260USD for a refund, and a limited stock at that.

#3 Ted Wayz

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,913 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 09:28 PM

Do you really think Princess Leia thought two droids would be able to deliver a message to their "only hope"? No, but she took a chance.

There will probably be one disgruntled MWO player out there that is looking to get something back.

If you don't ask the answer is always no.

#4 Anarcho

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 538 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 09:31 PM

I have a gold Timber Wolf for sale if are interested... Meet me at the back of that dark alley over there...

#5 Kiiyor

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 31 March 2015 - 09:33 PM

View PostTed Wayz, on 31 March 2015 - 09:28 PM, said:

Do you really think Princess Leia thought two droids would be able to deliver a message to their "only hope"? No, but she took a chance.

There will probably be one disgruntled MWO player out there that is looking to get something back.

If you don't ask the answer is always no.

Then increase the breadth of your search, dear fellow! Thou shouldst send your query to both the HPG Reddit, where many a dapper fellow resides, and perhaps even the r/mwo forums, where you'll be dodging many a cutpurse and embittered veteran.

#6 Ted Wayz

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,913 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 09:49 PM

Good call, I should reach out to the Reddit community. They had some pretty disgruntled players if I remember right.

#7 Kiiyor

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 31 March 2015 - 09:58 PM

View PostTed Wayz, on 31 March 2015 - 09:49 PM, said:

Good call, I should reach out to the Reddit community. They had some pretty disgruntled players if I remember right.

Well, r/mwo is your first port of call if disgruntled players is what you are after. Though it's not quite as bad as it was, there was quite the burning hatred of PGI there for a while.

#8 Risko Vinsheen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 573 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 10:00 PM

There's nothing in this game that supports the transfer of resources from one player's account to another. They won't even do it for the doubled Loyalty mechs they gave out. Sorry to say it but you should really stop asking. PGI won't do it, and it's pointless without their help.

Also the EULA (that you seem so quick to throw out) makes it wrong to sell your account to someone else, I'd assume this also includes selling mechs.

#9 RAM

• The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 2,018 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 31 March 2015 - 11:50 PM

View PostRisko Vinsheen, on 31 March 2015 - 10:00 PM, said:

There's nothing in this game that supports the transfer of resources from one player's account to another. They won't even do it for the doubled Loyalty mechs they gave out. Sorry to say it but you should really stop asking. PGI won't do it, and it's pointless without their help.

However, PGI did do it for multiple Gold Mech purchasers...

RAM
ELH

#10 Raggedyman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationFreedonia Institute of Mech Husbandry

Posted 01 April 2015 - 03:34 AM

View PostTed Wayz, on 31 March 2015 - 04:35 PM, said:

If a player would like to divest themselves of a Gold Timberwolf there are many ways, with the assistance of PGI, to do a transfer without violating the ToS, EULA or whatever the hell else you would want to throw at it.

Have you actually read the TOS and EULA?
They really aren't that complicated a document, and they make the situation rather clear.

Obviously it's possible of PGI to make an exception/do what they want with their game but as they've shown zero willing to do what you're asking for in the past what makes you think they will change now?

I will admire you for your tenacity on this, but also suggest that you let it go. As you're looking that little bit obsessive.

#11 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 01 April 2015 - 04:29 AM

Fun fact: Using your thread title to tell people not to lock or delete your thread will exponentially increase the probability of your thread being locked or deleted.

#12 PocketAces

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 175 posts
  • LocationEverywhere yet nowhere

Posted 01 April 2015 - 06:27 AM

Won't transfer mechs, I've asked.

#13 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 01 April 2015 - 06:32 AM

View PostPocketAces, on 01 April 2015 - 06:27 AM, said:

Won't transfer mechs, I've asked.

I guess the prestige gold mechs may be an exception.

#14 Bobzilla

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,003 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 01 April 2015 - 06:41 AM

If there's ever any money to made in anything people will do it. It's up to the developer to realize this and make the money themselves.

You can't stop someone from selling/buying an account for real money that PGI never sees. (I doubt this is happening in this game, but perhaps in the futre). PGI could charge for the transfer of certain things from one account to the other and make money off it, or create a whole in game economy and make money off of it.

#15 Necromonger Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 145 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 07:02 AM

If I had known how OP Timberwolves were going to be I would have bought a gold one....

#16 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 01 April 2015 - 07:08 AM

View PostTed Wayz, on 31 March 2015 - 09:49 PM, said:

Why would you even want to wade in that cesspit of humanity?

#17 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 01 April 2015 - 07:12 AM

View PostNecromonger Commander, on 01 April 2015 - 07:02 AM, said:

If I had known how OP Timberwolves were going to be I would have bought a gold one....

They sure catch bullets like nothing else... I saw one in game the other day on the OPFOR, when I called out TBR-PRIME (G) in chat, 12 mechs swarmed it... you couldn't tell it was gold a few seconds later....

#18 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 01 April 2015 - 07:29 AM

View PostNecromonger Commander, on 01 April 2015 - 07:02 AM, said:

And if it got nerfed? crying and refund?
if you buy mechs because of their Op'ness then you live a risky Life since MWO is not the first game where items change during its Lifetime.

#19 RoboPatton

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 794 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 08:28 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 01 April 2015 - 07:29 AM, said:

And if it got nerfed?

Sounds great.

+1

#20 KraftySOT

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 09:19 AM

Ah selling limited edition virtual toys.

Not quite as easy to turning your childhood toys into profit is it?

Anyone want my 1989 first run Ral Partha Timberwolf? I painted it gold. 650$ starting bid. Its cockpit is wrong, and its arms are T-rex arms, before they changed the design for the official release in 1990. Less than 20 in existence.

Heres the re-press of that edition they put out in 2014 at an increased scale:

The only difference is that the arms arent as gimpy small. The original design looked terrible.

Edited by KraftySOT, 01 April 2015 - 09:21 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users