Is This The Solution To Spawn Camping In Cw?

25 replies to this topic

Poll: Is this the solution to spawn camping in CW? (19 member(s) have cast votes)

Is this the solution to spawn camping in CW?

1. Yes (11 votes [57.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 57.89%

2. No (8 votes [42.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.11%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 AC GLINT

• PipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 54 posts
  • LocationIn a LYNX on top of a king crab pretending to be an elemental

Posted 31 March 2015 - 08:38 PM

So spawn camping is still an issue in CW.

Story time:

Yesterday,on the attacking side of counter attack on the snow map, I had to use the swap lance members feature because the entire enemy defenders decided to swap roles and attacked us head on out of the gate.

Fortunately our main push was on the opposite gate, unfortunate were the stragglers on the saddle who were left for dead when we decided to push for omega. all but one straggler survived.

Instead of having the defenders turning back and going to actually defend omega(Omega is literately useless on counter attack), they ALL went and waited for that one straggler to keep respawning till out of mechs.

Before this poor guy's last mech dropped i finally got company command and changed his lance so he spawns far away and actually has a chance to fight these bad sportsmanship scum. Although he died shortly after, he lived long enough to distract and help us remove the scum from our spawn and gain the lead.

The actual suggestions:

[-=-]Let the players decide when they spawn: Die. Wait. Press respawn. Wait till drop.

-This also fixes the "auto" drop where you don't have a chance to select the mech u wanted to use.

-To prevent a whole team dying once and not respawning and halting the whole match each player has 3mins to automatically respawn.

[-=-]To make defending omega an incentive and rewarding, defenders get 100,000 cbills if it survives the whole match.

[-=-]Dropships fire weapons all times when targets are in range not just when flying in/out.

-Spawn camping should be less viable then.

[Edit 1] Clearing up and adding the 3rd suggestion

Edited by AC GLINT, 01 April 2015 - 07:25 AM.

#2 Idealsuspect

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 11:03 PM

Suggestion : SEPARATE Pugs from Premade for prevent easy and unchallenged rap base party.

Build a independant solo queue and a another group queue for CW like PGI did for assaut, conquest and skirmish mode.

If a team can't defend themself from a rap base it's theirs problems if the match was fair.
But a bunch of pugs can't be a team like a large premade tend to be when they face off also the game isn't fair.

#3 AC GLINT

• PipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 54 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 01:49 AM

View PostIdealsuspect, on 31 March 2015 - 11:03 PM, said:

Suggestion : SEPARATE Pugs from Premade for prevent easy and unchallenged rap base party.

Make a new thread if you are going to make a separate suggestion, not derail my one.

View PostIdealsuspect, on 31 March 2015 - 11:03 PM, said:

If a team can't defend themself from a rap base it's theirs problems if the match was fair.
But a bunch of pugs can't be a team like a large premade tend to be when they face off also the game isn't fair.

Did you even read my post or your own before you posted it? How is this relevant to my topic?

Edited by AC GLINT, 01 April 2015 - 01:54 AM.

#4 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 01 April 2015 - 04:34 AM

Not a bad idea to give players an option of witch location they spawn on.. Also, increase the agressivness of the dropship to make it difficult for the attackers to camp a spawnsite..

#5 Lord0fHats

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 619 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 04:55 AM

I generally respond to complaints about Spawn camping with "put up a better defense and you won't get spawn camped" but this is actually a good idea in a way. At least, I agree with allowing a player to click "respawn" rather than having it be automatic. This would make timing a drop ship with a push to force attackers away from a spawn a bit more intuitive.

#6 DI3T3R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 April 2015 - 05:39 AM

Nice solution, but there is an easier one: Give dropships the weapons they have in TT. The Leopard has 2 PPC, 5 LL, 3 LRM20 and 7 ML. (The upgraded verson has ER-PPCs, ER-LL and Artemis.)

THAT would wipe the spawn-point clean.

#7 Banditman

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationThe Templars

Posted 01 April 2015 - 05:59 AM

You can't allow someone to delay their respawn indefinitely like that. You open up the floor for a completely different kind of griefing.

For example:

1. A single player decides he doesn't like the team he's on, and refuses to spawn, putting his team one pilot down for the whole match.

2. An entire team refuses to spawn, forcing the other team to simply wait 30 minutes as a delaying tactic.

3. An entire team refuses to spawn after getting a lead. The other team has no way to ever catch up, since the other team simply sits in their dropship.

I'm sure there are others, these are just off the top of my head.

#8 AC GLINT

• PipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 54 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 07:05 AM

View PostBanditman, on 01 April 2015 - 05:59 AM, said:

You can't allow someone to delay their respawn indefinitely like that. You open up the floor for a completely different kind of griefing.

My exact point with the last 2 lines of my post.

View PostDI3T3R, on 01 April 2015 - 05:39 AM, said:

Nice solution, but there is an easier one: Give dropships the weapons they have in TT. The Leopard has 2 PPC, 5 LL, 3 LRM20 and 7 ML. (The upgraded verson has ER-PPCs, ER-LL and Artemis.)

THAT would wipe the spawn-point clean.

I do agree with the fact that dropships do need buffs, but what you and Vellron suggest wont help, especially yours DI3T3R.
The current armaments of the dropships seem ample enough they just need to fire whilst the mechs are being dropped rather than just only firing as they fly in/out.

#9 Idealsuspect

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 07:16 AM

View PostAC GLINT, on 01 April 2015 - 01:49 AM, said:

Make a new thread if you are going to make a separate suggestion, not derail my one.

Did you even read my post or your own before you posted it? How is this relevant to my topic?

Isn't a separate suggestion, it's an additional one...

I read your post yea but i didn't see any real solution about rap base...

For me a real solution is to have 2 equal teams, if one is rap base ok they are losing it happend in a game ( or in real war ).
This game was fair also even a rap base is a part of the multiplayer game also conclude this match by a rap base is fair too.

Of course i like the idea to choose spawn location ^^

Edited by Idealsuspect, 01 April 2015 - 07:18 AM.

#10 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 01 April 2015 - 07:22 AM

Let me get this straight. The OP's team made an 11-man push into the enemy base while the enemy made a 12-man push out the other gate. The 11-man group still couldn't win? Was this counterattack or Invasion? If Invasion, the OP should have won that. If counterattack, then bad coordination is at fault; not spawn camping.

#11 AC GLINT

• PipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 54 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 07:54 AM

View PostNightmare1, on 01 April 2015 - 07:22 AM, said:

Let me get this straight. The OP's team made an 11-man push into the enemy base while the enemy made a 12-man push out the other gate. The 11-man group still couldn't win? Was this counterattack or Invasion? If Invasion, the OP should have won that. If counterattack, then bad coordination is at fault; not spawn camping.

Oh yes, obviously every player on the defending team chose for them selves to all stay at one drop zone waiting for one pilot, the just killed pilot, rather than defending the useless omega which they should be. That's not spawn camping that's just bad coordination, right? :lol:
Correct, we didn't win the counter attack, probably due to this.

#12 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 08:11 AM

View PostAC GLINT, on 01 April 2015 - 07:54 AM, said:

Oh yes, obviously every player on the defending team chose for them selves to all stay at one drop zone waiting for one pilot, the just killed pilot, rather than defending the useless omega which they should be. That's not spawn camping that's just bad coordination, right? :lol: Correct, we didn't win the counter attack, probably due to this.

I meant bad coordination on the part of the attackers. If you give up your spawn point and then leave that player to die repeatedly, then that's a coordination issue. The defenders sound pretty well coordinated to me. :)

#13 AC GLINT

• PipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 54 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 09:10 AM

View PostNightmare1, on 01 April 2015 - 08:11 AM, said:

I meant bad coordination on the part of the attackers. If you give up your spawn point and then leave that player to die repeatedly, then that's a coordination issue. The defenders sound pretty well coordinated to me. :)

Once the pug train chooses its destination it's breaks are broken and wont stop until shot dead. Not much a 4 man can do then.
Pugs are well known for their anti coordination not doing as told.
Our objective is to attack omega, not go back to our spawn just as we got through the gate. and we only caught on that there was something wrong and they were spawn camping, as we was freely let to take omega with our back unscathed and that same pilot died twice in a row.

#14 Captain Lactose

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 09:14 AM

Personally I think in addition to their current armament dropships should pack something heavy and short ranged, like ac20s to discourage the enemy from hanging around their drop sites.

#15 Hotthedd

• The People's Hero
  • 3,213 posts
  • LocationDixie

Posted 01 April 2015 - 09:19 AM

The only solution to spawn camping is not to have respawns.

If mid game respawns exist, there will always be campers. Always.

Instead, have a CW match actually be 3 to 4 dynamic scenarios, in succession, and dependent on the outcome of each skirmish. Make planetary battles into CAMPAIGNS, not Arcade deathmatch with turrets.

#16 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 09:21 AM

View PostAC GLINT, on 01 April 2015 - 09:10 AM, said:

Once the pug train chooses its destination it's breaks are broken and wont stop until shot dead. Not much a 4 man can do then.
Pugs are well known for their anti coordination not doing as told.
Our objective is to attack omega, not go back to our spawn just as we got through the gate. and we only caught on that there was something wrong and they were spawn camping, as we was freely let to take omega with our back unscathed and that same pilot died twice in a row.

So, it's not spawn camping; it's coordination. You're right, a 4-Man's hands are tied if the Pugs won't coordinate. That's all I'm saying here. Bad coordination, not necessarily on the part of your 4-Man but in terms of the overall drop (due to the pugs' behaviors) resulted in the problem. I doubt that a 12-Man would have allowed their spawn to be camped like that because their superior coordination would have prevented it (unless the 12-Man isn't much good).

I'm not trying to belittle your efforts or anything, just point out that spawn camping is not the problem; communication and coordination is. Until the pugs learn these things, experiences like yours will continue to repeat themselves no matter what PGI does to "fix" them.

#17 DI3T3R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 April 2015 - 01:04 AM

@Hotthedd:

Imagine a series of small missions 12-vs-12.

The last mission is an attack on a heavily defended fortress with lots of gates, chokepoints and turrets.
With every win the attackers had the defenders are more and more at a disadvantage.

#18 Hotthedd

• The People's Hero
  • 3,213 posts
  • LocationDixie

Posted 02 April 2015 - 05:27 AM

That would be great.

The scenario could be opposite as well, with the objectives getting to be more difficult for the attackers for each win the defenders had. The final round being trying to evacuate/ prevent evacuation...

You could keep the same mech you were in if you survived a round, or choose a different mech from your dropdeck. If you are destroyed in a round, you would HAVE to choose a new mech.

#19 Astarot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 167 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, Troy, hiding from the Romans

Posted 02 April 2015 - 05:52 AM

I'm going to point a fatal problem with this suggestion. Pugs vs well coordinated groups. This suggestion will help pugs out yes, but will be out right abused by 12 man drop groups. Pugs would never stand a chance from tactics I can already see happen.

People waiting the time so that they will all drop instantly together, they know how to because they practice with eachother, they would let them push, then devastate drop them.

Honestly, I think you all are looking at this game from the prospective of a typical C.O.D. game play. Honestly if the other team managed to push you into your spawn, and able to keep you there, then that was their hard work, and your own fault that, that happen. You did poorly on the earily drop, thus now you suffer the consequences late game.

Simply, you messed up, welcome to war, welcome to game play where every action matters in the match. Every drop matters. That play that they made, and it was successful? Well they managed to get the reward with it.

This isn't call of duty, this is a game where tactics and brain power can mean just as much as reflexes.

#20 Jon Gotham

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 06:48 AM

I would like to bump this great idea.
Three spawn points, random landing within say a 300m radius too. When you die you get to choose which drop point you want.
The spawncampers would then have to try to spread their camping forces thinly AND not know exactly where the dropship will be until it's there, vomitting lasers at them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users