95 replies to this topic

#41 DerangedShadow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 124 posts
  • LocationAnoka, Minnesota, USA

Posted 01 April 2015 - 04:08 PM

I have to concur about the communication aspect. When I was flying the FRR banner and in their hub, I was at least able to rassle up some people to join and play as a group. Even doing CW pubby I was able to coordinate with the others. Now that I am flying the CJF banner and sitting in the hub as I type, there is no one on. It is a perverbial ghost town on the hub while others are still dropping. Trying to coordinate pugs in CW, forget about it. They seem to act like the Falcons in lore and could give two ***** about it.

#42 SethAbercromby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,308 posts
  • LocationNRW, Germany

Posted 01 April 2015 - 04:34 PM

View PostLOADED, on 01 April 2015 - 04:01 PM, said:

Also, a direwolf leading a counter.push can turn arround a lost game literally in the last minute. Seth probably knows what i'm talking about. ;)

As far as I'm concerned, your entire team was scary as all hell ;)

But yeah, you made the excellent move of keeping your biggest and scariest 'Mech for last and managed to stay on the field for long enough to make it have a really big impact. I usually try to do the same with my Stalker, but I wasted my Zeus to stupid play, so I had to throw my biggest weight in the ring just to keep the pressure on you guys, which left me with my Locust for last.

#43 Lawrence Elsa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 202 posts
  • LocationPacific Standard Timezone

Posted 01 April 2015 - 06:19 PM

Good to see a lot of positive attention and debate from both sides.

So far I have gathered that while Community Warfare certainly has room for improvement in the terms of population and planetary attack cycles, a majority agrees that there is a lack of organized teams or cross-unit participation.

I'm hoping that this will change, and who knows, maybe the Clan Council has something planned to be able to unify the entire player-base in a way that would work better than just getting on TS.

Either way, I hope the clan players keep an open mind and start participating together regardless of their unit.

#44 _Comrade_

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 06:54 PM

maybe as a way of protesting and giving attention to PGI's population problems....every unit should pick one faction and join it LOL

#45 Summon3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 01 April 2015 - 06:58 PM

View PostLawrence Elsa, on 01 April 2015 - 01:53 AM, said:

Communication

The amount of IS players using TS are way higher than the amount not. The houses have hub servers with no locked channels with short or no passwords. They have unit leaders either idling or leading groups in those servers to turn pugs into tools of war, or even new recruits.
  • Kurita has a hub server,
  • FRR has a hub server,
  • Steiner has a hub server
  • even Davion (who has no active front against the clans) has a hub server.
Now look at the clans
  • CWI has a server
  • SWOL has a server
  • CWDG has a server, and so on
But there is no Clan Wolf primary hub, Nor a Jade Falcon, Ghost Bear, or Smoke Jaguar.

But we do have this:

Teamspeak3 server:stranamechty.info

password:StranaMechty

If we can get some unit leaders, officers or moderators to keep an eye on the channels, then we can truly unify the clans and even turn multi-clan PUG teams into 12-mans with communication and coordination.

A lot of people mute VOIP right off the bat just because of the audio quality, let alone what some less polite people may be saying. I have been told multiple times when commanding that no one can understand me when I talk on VOIP, and this might just be due to individual client settings. Hopefully this will be changed, but for now we have limitations.

I hope for the sake of all the clans that we stop resenting our Pick-Up-Group players, and start appreciating what sheer numbers and simple communication can do. The Inner-Sphere certainly has...

UPDATES:
So far I have gathered that while Community Warfare certainly has room for improvement in the terms of population and planetary attack cycles, a majority agrees that there is a lack of organized teams or cross-unit participation.
Points made
  • High cost of entry for clan mechs
  • Jade Falcons have a hub server
  • Many new players to CW (or old returning ones) had the chance to play with veterans and learn a lot
  • If there is even one more group attacking on a world, it is near impossible to re-take territory
  • The April 21st patch will be equalizing drop weight on both sides.

wolf hub

http://mwomercs.com/...-hub-ts-server/

i guess people just dont like to use it ;)

Edited by Summon3r, 01 April 2015 - 06:58 PM.

#46 Lawrence Elsa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 202 posts
  • LocationPacific Standard Timezone

Posted 01 April 2015 - 07:33 PM

View PostSummon3r, on 01 April 2015 - 06:58 PM, said:

wolf hub

http://mwomercs.com/...-hub-ts-server/

i guess people just don't like to use it ;)

I didn't even know that we had one. Do you know the address? If so, I'd be more than happy to add it to the original post.

#47 Corbon Zackery

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 07:47 PM

Large formations of veteran IS troops were promised money, mechs, goods, and commodities last weekend By COMSTAR. To fight the pathetic bandit forces pillaging certain borderline planets. At the same time massive revolts lead by IS special force commandos. Destroyed several garrisoning units of bandits. This has resulted in massive bandit losses. IS forces are now mopping up several areas collecting scrap metal samples and undamaged weapons and salvaging key components from bandit mechs.

It was a great weekend for the IS! The Clans got swished!

Edited by Corbon Zackery, 01 April 2015 - 08:27 PM.

#48 Summon3r

• 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 01 April 2015 - 08:06 PM

View PostLawrence Elsa, on 01 April 2015 - 07:33 PM, said:

I didn't even know that we had one. Do you know the address? If so, I'd be more than happy to add it to the original post.

[color=#959595]TS Info: 108.181.42.46 PW: deltacomms [/color]

Edited by Summon3r, 01 April 2015 - 08:11 PM.

#49 Kirito Kerenksy

• PipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 46 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 08:46 PM

View PostSummon3r, on 01 April 2015 - 08:06 PM, said:

[color=#959595]TS Info: 108.181.42.46 PW: deltacomms [/color]

Deltacomms, hm? Nah, doesn't sounds very unit specific at all...

also, something like having to type out an IP address can cause players to go "Okay, 108. 18- OH CRAP the match started!" And then promptly forget about the whole thing.

#50 Mordin Ashe

• 1,505 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 09:19 PM

Outnumbered and outgunned by better IS Mechs can't be blamed on communication. Right now Clans are in no position to push anywhere because our Tech is repeatedly nerfed while IS Mechs are getting stronger exponentially.

#51 Kinski Orlawisch

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 01 April 2015 - 09:26 PM

I don t belive in These 53%. My average MC had been over 200 with abbout 4-13 kills each game, but 99% of the games had been a loss.

#52 Jimt0r

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 09:32 PM

View PostStory Time, on 01 April 2015 - 08:46 PM, said:

Deltacomms, hm? Nah, doesn't sounds very unit specific at all...

also, something like having to type out an IP address can cause players to go "Okay, 108. 18- OH CRAP the match started!" And then promptly forget about the whole thing.

i had done this very thing for 12 hrs as the FRR hub had lost its DNS server on monday, i lost count how many times i had to type it but to even get 1 or 2 back in the comms was invauluable, and some even took the time out of the game to get in the hub and alt-tab back into game

my friends list grew by another 1/4 by the end of that stint, also anyone that wants to play as a team is MY FRIEND and i will find any and use any old ts, raid call or other comms systems in conjunction with the ingame comms to have fun in this AWESOME TEAM GAME

spying, trolling or noise spamming the enemies comms is dishonerable

Edited by Jimt0r, 01 April 2015 - 10:04 PM.

#53 Jimt0r

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 10:00 PM

to the OP, i know there is places arent clan specific,but many make their homes there like CommStar and NGNG Outreach

#54 Slambot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 203 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 10:17 PM

Speaking as a guy who has nearly every mech (all except vindicators, and all of them at least elited and most mastered) in game...I find many clan mechs to be better than IS mechs in their weight classes. Yes, there are more IS mechs than clan, but clan mechs are MUCH more versatile as far as loadouts. Give a clanner one mech with an ability ie. ECM, and you have given him three due to omnipods. Some IS mechs can hang with clan machines, but most can't. Mostly it comes down to pilot skill and team coordination in matches.

Clan advantages are as follows:

weapon range
weapon damage
weapon size
abundance of ECM (currently there are 9+ clan variants that can mount ECM)
LRMs although lrms are basically dead in CW.
STREAK 4s and 6s (really, they eliminate the light mech from CW if there's more than 2 boats running around)

IS advantages are:

heat efficiency
front loaded damage on AC's

Hands down the Stormcrow and Timber are easily the best mechs in their weight classes and ton for ton, the best mechs in game. Clans also have the hellbringer which is VERY capable and always runs ECM. I will concede that the HBR is a bit fragile and it runs very hot, but it has a hell of an alpha and is very nimble and very fast for its tonnage. The mad dog is a very capable and versatile mech, the nova is very fragile and a little sluggish but can mount lethal alphas. The kit fox is a good support mech if it is overly limited in hardpoints. The fenris is also a decent mech, fast, nimble, fairly resilient, but very limited on weapons. The mist lynx is useless, the adder too fragile. The summoner is a much maligned, but a very good all around mech if a bit limited in weapons. The warhawk has lots of weapons with good speed and agility. The right torso is its achilles heel. The devs really took a potentially dominant mech and borked it but good with the locked left torsos. The dire is almost never seen in cw.

IS mechs come down to the stalker 4N, dragon 1N, all the tbolts, the orion va, a few of the jaegers with sniping loadouts, the firestarters, and ravens (though you take a real risk of running into clan streak boats that make lights auto-kills) Most of the rest of the IS mechs are okay but really can't take on clan machines in their own weight classes. AGAIN it really comes down to the pilot. Everyone has mechs that they just feel at home in.

Given all of this, I really think its just numbers atm. If you have 5 groups attacking and 4 defending, the attackers will win the planet EVERY time, even if the defenders win every match. This week had the CW event and IS still is more popular than clan.

#55 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 02 April 2015 - 12:28 AM

View PostLawrence Elsa, on 01 April 2015 - 07:33 PM, said:

CWDG's TS is called Wolf Hub.

#56 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 12:40 AM

View PostLawrence Elsa, on 01 April 2015 - 02:28 AM, said:

Great point! but why IS and not clan? Because playing as a clan pug sucks. Trust me.

It sucks to play as a pug in CW. Period. :mellow:
*Unless you have to be matched against another pug group that gives you a fair chance in winning.

#57 Kinski Orlawisch

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 02 April 2015 - 12:50 AM

@Slambot: You forgot armor buffs, ES/FF more flexibel..engine better adjustabel...range due to quircks.....etc.

#58 Mordin Ashe

• 1,505 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 04:05 AM

View PostSlambot, on 01 April 2015 - 10:17 PM, said:

Speaking as a guy who has nearly every mech (all except vindicators, and all of them at least elited and most mastered) in game...I find many clan mechs to be better than IS mechs in their weight classes. Yes, there are more IS mechs than clan, but clan mechs are MUCH more versatile as far as loadouts. Give a clanner one mech with an ability ie. ECM, and you have given him three due to omnipods. Some IS mechs can hang with clan machines, but most can't. Mostly it comes down to pilot skill and team coordination in matches.

Clan advantages are as follows:

weapon range
weapon damage
weapon size
LRMs although lrms are basically dead in CW.
STREAK 4s and 6s (really, they eliminate the light mech from CW if there's more than 2 boats running around)

IS advantages are:

heat efficiency

Hands down the Stormcrow and Timber are easily the best mechs in their weight classes and ton for ton, the best mechs in game. Clans also have the hellbringer which is VERY capable and always runs ECM. I will concede that the HBR is a bit fragile and it runs very hot, but it has a hell of an alpha and is very nimble and very fast for its tonnage. The mad dog is a very capable and versatile mech, the nova is very fragile and a little sluggish but can mount lethal alphas. The kit fox is a good support mech if it is overly limited in hardpoints. The fenris is also a decent mech, fast, nimble, fairly resilient, but very limited on weapons. The mist lynx is useless, the adder too fragile. The summoner is a much maligned, but a very good all around mech if a bit limited in weapons. The warhawk has lots of weapons with good speed and agility. The right torso is its achilles heel. The devs really took a potentially dominant mech and borked it but good with the locked left torsos. The dire is almost never seen in cw.

IS mechs come down to the stalker 4N, dragon 1N, all the tbolts, the orion va, a few of the jaegers with sniping loadouts, the firestarters, and ravens (though you take a real risk of running into clan streak boats that make lights auto-kills) Most of the rest of the IS mechs are okay but really can't take on clan machines in their own weight classes. AGAIN it really comes down to the pilot. Everyone has mechs that they just feel at home in.

Given all of this, I really think its just numbers atm. If you have 5 groups attacking and 4 defending, the attackers will win the planet EVERY time, even if the defenders win every match. This week had the CW event and IS still is more popular than clan.

Go troll somewhere else, your half-baked pseudoarguments are not what Clanners need.

Edited by Mordin Ashe, 02 April 2015 - 04:05 AM.

#59 Lord0fHats

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 619 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 05:07 AM

heat efficiency

Yeah... that's not one sided. You forgot;

IS mechs are better twisters. Most of the best IS mechs have arm or torso hitboxes they can abuse. Clan mechs are generally incapable of this. Our mechs have scrawny arms that can't shield our torsos even the slightest bit. Better yet, many IS mechs can build shield sides which the 2 best Clan mechs (Crow and Timber) cannot do without sacrificing their firepower advantages. On top of that, Clan weapons fire over a longer duration. The longer weapons fire the longer a mech must expose itself to deal its full damage.

IS has more than just a better AC. To list the IS has better; Autocannons. SRMs (to the extent that SRMS are actually useful). and PPCs.The Clan PPC is useless. The splash is an irrelevant bonus and not worth the extra 50% heat. Clan SRMs have a wider spread than IS SRMs which is compounded with bad SRM hitreg. The Clan Autocannons are trash weapons in every way. Only Clan UACs and IS UACs to me feel properly balanced.

And; IS LRMs are better than Clan LRMs. A single AMS mech renders Clan LRMs impotent. The lack of minimum range to arm isn't an advantage. Any LRM boat that is within 200m of an enemy mech is a dead LRM boat, Clan or IS. IS LRMs fire in volleys, and AMS is not as effective against them. That in itself is enough to make the IS LRMs better. This is indeed mostly moot as LRMs are lack luster weapons, but people need to stop pretending that Clan LRMs are better. They're not.

There's also the current glaring issue; Clans have no good Light or Assault mechs for CW and the IS has a powerful tonnage advantage.

EDIT: And this is before we even bother accounting for quirks.

?

Kit Fox, Mist Lynx, Hellbringer (talking about clan mechs like there are 'variants' is rather pointless). Because of Omni-Pods there is no reason to ever not use the Timber-C, Hellbringer-A, Cro-Prime, etc etc at this time. Only 3 Clan mechs have ECM, and 2 of them are bad. Currently, only one Clan mech worth using has ECM, the Hellbringer. If we're lucky, we'll soon have 3 good options, but for now the Clans have no more abundance of ECM than the IS (which has at least 4 mechs worth using that carry ECM; Raven, Spider, Cicada, and the Atlas).

To reiterate; the Kit Fox sucks. We use it only because we need the filler.

IS mechs come down to the stalker 4N, dragon 1N, all the tbolts, the orion va, a few of the jaegers with sniping loadouts, the firestarters, and ravens

?

A little lop sided...

If we break it down, the Clans have 4 superb mechs for; Timbers, Bringers, Dires and Crows. All of which areon the heavier half of the weight scale. Our lights are crap and our Assaults all crippled by some issue that renders them less than feasible in CW (Dires are too slow, and Hawks and Gargys not sufficiently better than a Timber). Which again, our lights suck. Even if we had good CW assaults, we couldn't use them in CW because it's not worth it to take our terrible lights to bring slow/meh assaults. Not until the Cheetah comes and that assumes the Cheetah is good. In CW, the Nova and Ice Ferret are also feasible with the Kitfox a common tonnage filler.

Breaking down the IS, there is an abundance of viable mechs just shy of 20 superb mechs *accounting for variants; Stalker 4N, Dragon 1N, Thunderbolts (3 actual mechs), all the Jaegers baring the A, Blackjack 1X, Firestarters, Ravens, and King Crabs (and I point out, Clan lights suck). Wolverines, Griffons, Shadowhawks, Enforcers, Panthers, and Banshees all have viable variants.

By far the best IS mechs are the Stalker 4N, Thunderbolts, and Firestarters, and the problem is compounded by how much extra tonnage the IS can bring allows them to really start stacking their best mechs in a deck. The only efficient Clan deck (as in the only one with no waste at all) is the 3 Crow 1 Timber deck and that deck is horrendously outgunned by the IS' ability to bring multiple assaults and heavies in a single deck.

Edited by Lord0fHats, 02 April 2015 - 05:08 AM.

#60 Repasy Cooper

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 02 April 2015 - 06:18 AM

This is all wrong.

Biggest reason the Clans lost this weekend was population disparity. All other issues are irrelevant in the face of this.

It's been controlling ComWar since the start, and despite everyone's best attempts to deny it this issue has never been more profound. We need population caps on factions, some way to control population from getting one-sided.

Edited by Repasy, 02 April 2015 - 06:22 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users