• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 08:24 PM

View Postxengk, on 02 April 2015 - 08:13 AM, said:

they own Gear Krieg now?
http://www.dp9.com/gearkrieg

Posted Image

Jezuz Christ, if Gaijin Entertainment could actually cooperate and license from DP9, they can really make a Gear Krieg game a reality.

Edited by Anjian, 11 April 2015 - 08:24 PM.

#22 Anjian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 06:57 PM

Another video of the event. It does look like they stuck a T-50 and a T-60 turrets on the side of a KV-2 turret and gave it legs.

I really wish they would redo the event. It is just plain mayhem.

#23 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 14 April 2015 - 04:25 AM

Gaijin otu did themself yet again.

For those who are new to WT last year they had thise huge collosal snail that fired lightning everywhere that took a lot of bombs to kill and the year before they did a bunch of MLP ponies with wings and rockets and guns strapped on.

This year they also had a bunch of inflatable tanks firing carrots and potatos as well as it being powered by bikes and using a health bar damage model to make fun of WoT.

#24 RedDragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts
  • LocationKurpfalz, Germany

Posted 17 April 2015 - 07:52 AM

View PostTank, on 03 April 2015 - 11:00 AM, said:

Anjian, this why we should never use this engine:

It's forever broken mess that's get functionality updates, but they never bother to polish anything!

Works decent only in offline IL-2.

Well, compared to MWO it has:
  • Large playerbase (3 modes and yet I hardly ever have to wait longer than 1 min for games)
  • Good graphics (lovely plane models, weather effects etc.)
  • Working netcode (I've got average connection and play on W-LAN, still I don't get disconnects, have a good ping and always hit what I'm shooting at)
  • Skill tree that makes sense
  • Outstanding performance (average rig here, yet I play with most features turned on and never have video lag/FPS drops)
  • Not too much grind. Playing for a while now, I don't put much time or effort in, yet I always have enough money, even though I buy all the stuff I researched and haven't spend a single dollar yet
On the other hand, we have ... MWO. Which has nothing of the above. So although WT may not be the best game out there, it is fun, works well and has a rewarding F2P system. Unlike MWO which looks ugly yet plays abysmally, is so grindy it drives most new players away after a few matches, and is, you can't say it otherwise, unpolished.

#25 Anjian

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 06:52 PM

Here is one thing too, and this alone puts War Thunder light years above MWO.

Check the forums. Not the user count (its nearly three times higher at 15 minutes than MWO in 30 minutes).

http://forum.warthunder.com/

Go down deeper. See Technical.

What do you see?

Moderated Suggestions

[color=#5A5A5A][/color] [color=#777777]

Please post your Suggestions here![/color]

THEY ACTUALLY LISTEN.

You send a suggestion, and if its worth it, they will post it. If they think the idea is ripe, they will close the suggestion thread and post it to Passed to Development. If it made it to the game, it goes to the Implemented Suggestions.

In contrast the devs in PGI avoid the forums, Russ only looks at his Twitter feed. How much can you actually say in 140 characters? Twitter is a medium that is only good for broadcasting, not for discussion. In other words, where the discussion is mostly one way, where communication is highly filtered and aimed at self promotion.

War Thunder's deves bother with the English forums even if they are Russian and its not their native language. This is in sharp contrast with WoT's Wargaming who ignore the English forums and just communicate in the Russian ones.

Edited by Anjian, 17 April 2015 - 06:55 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users