Sli Is It Working?

5 replies to this topic

#1 Captain Carrot Ironfoundersson

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 86 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 12:29 PM

Hi I have one geforce nivida gtx 780 is it worth getting another one? If sli is working for mwo.

#2 IG 88

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 416 posts
  • LocationSagunay, Québec Canada

Posted 01 April 2015 - 12:37 PM

1 760 is enough for max everything, I dont see why you would want to do sli except if you going for 4k monitor

#3 Captain Carrot Ironfoundersson

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 86 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 12:50 AM

Okay thank you

#4 Raidflex

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 63 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 April 2015 - 05:56 AM

You will receive worse performance with SLI, among other issues.

#5 xWiredx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 06:22 AM

SLI "works" but while you will get moments of much higher FPS than you would with one card, you face harder fps dips as well (presumably in scenarios where the CPU can't keep up with the game's other CPU requirements and still feed both cards as necessary). In addition, there are multiple issues and most end up doing a decent amount of tweaking with inspector to smooth them over. I would say proper SLI support is a ways off still, so don't hold your breath or get a card in anticipation of it working soon. Then again, PGI may be looking at it and surprise us. You never know. Either way, I'd wait.

Also... a GTX 760 is not enough to max out this game. It's probably close, but it's not all the way there. A GTX 960 probably would be enough, but you also have to take VRAM amount into consideration. We've seen almost 3GB used at 1080p during CW matches, so you'd want a 3GB or higher amount of VRAM on whatever card you run. You're probably fine where you're at right now, but keep this in mind if you're going to purchase a new card.

#6 Raidflex

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 63 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 April 2015 - 07:18 AM

Wired is right about SLI, its just too inconsistent right now, especially without tweaking. I have a buddy that also plays MWO with a 4770k and a GTX 760. He is able to play at 1080P with most display settings on very high, with the exception of shadows set to medium. His framerate is around 60-70 FPS.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users