Mech Suggestions?

8 replies to this topic

#1 Roachbugg

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 195 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 07:09 PM

So im sitting on about 15 million cbills and i'm trying to decide what mech to buy next I recently bought the awesome 8q and have been having a decent run with it and my new Zeuses. So what should i pick up next? Thought about maybe picking up a Hunch back since the quirking happend or perhaps another awesome? Also looked toward the stalker but i really don't want another no ballistic assault atm. Also i have all the Clanner mechs so im just looking for a recommendations on a new is toy any thoughts on whats fun to drive around in?

#2 Summon3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 02 April 2015 - 07:15 PM

get yourself 3 AWS chassis to get them elited then you will really enjoy it

#3 Emery

• Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 02 April 2015 - 07:57 PM

Dragons are also a lot of fun. Good mix of missile and laserboat variants, with a ballistic variant if you want to play with that. Good, well rounded chassis with a lot of options, that handles like a much lighter mech.

#4 Deadeye2907

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 01:28 PM

I agree with Summon3r. Elite the 'mechs you like unless you REALLY REALLY don't want to. 99% of the time it's well worth the Cbills and effort. If you only want one Awesome just sell the others after you have unlocked all the basics. But if you really don't want to elite your Awesomes: The TDRs and HBKs are both 'mechs I would wholeheartedly recommend to anyone looking for new IS 'mechs to play.

Hunchbacks do work. (HBK-4G and HBK-4P especially) They are hands down my favorite 'mechs. The HBKs are all great 'mechs and will serve you well especially after the quirks. If you have the Cbills to burn and 'mech bays to fill the HBKs are a great edition to your collection.

If you don't already have the Thunderbolts the TDR-5SS and the TDR-9SE are fun 'mechs. The Wubberbolt can deal some crazy damage if used properly and running around with loads of quirked MPLs is always fun. The 9SE has JJs and a few quirks for LPLs and lasers in general that make it an enjoyable 'mech.

Edited by Deadeye2907, 15 May 2015 - 01:29 PM.

#5 Mazzyplz

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 07:53 PM

you should get more awesomes, if you like missiles you can't go wrong with awesome 8r.

awesome 8t is pretty good as well but for the arm hardpoints it has;

you can check out some builds i use here

Spoiler

honestly i think the 8q is the worst awesome IMO - 8t is similar but more like a clan mech with the arms and it's something i like.
8r is just amazing can rip mechs to shreds at close range, but the playstyle is completely different in an 8r with SRM you need to always be moving almost like a spinning top

Edited by Mazzyplz, 15 May 2015 - 07:54 PM.

#6 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 15 May 2015 - 08:13 PM

If you really just want a mech that's fun to drive around, may I suggest the FS9-A loaded with Small Pulses? Enough point blank firepower to trade with most mechs, fast enough to choose your engagements.

If you really wanna play ballistics, I've ben told I should try the Dragon, as it's supposed to be a more efficient version of the AC5 and Uac5 Shadowhawks I run.

~Leone, Raid Leader of the Crimson Hand.

#7 Mazzyplz

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 08:26 PM

i have that dragon, it's easy mode - to me it's not fun just shooting at a dire wolf so fast he can't even respond! it will give you a lot of games with 3-5 kills and 600-900 dmg

in some games you will do great with that dragon 1n, you can get at least 1 kill per match, but as you climb elo levels people start hunting you down earlier in the game and focus you as a group as well, in solo fights people shoot your sidetorso or just plain destroy your arm.
it's a great gimmicky chassis but it has limited fun and also limited use since without that arm you are worth nothing to your team without those quirks that pgi gave it, and the rest of the dragon chassis? not even half as good! a total pain to grind

the other variants are a joke, pgi only quirked one of them good

to get good mileage off 1n you still need to get it elited so... i wouldn't recommend dragon 1n unless you got plenty of cbills to spare

#8 mogs01gt

• Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 19 May 2015 - 06:32 AM

View PostRoachbugg, on 02 April 2015 - 07:09 PM, said:

So im sitting on about 15 million cbills and i'm trying to decide what mech to buy next I recently bought the awesome 8q and have been having a decent run with it and my new Zeuses. So what should i pick up next? Thought about maybe picking up a Hunch back since the quirking happend or perhaps another awesome? Also looked toward the stalker but i really don't want another no ballistic assault atm. Also i have all the Clanner mechs so im just looking for a recommendations on a new is toy any thoughts on whats fun to drive around in?

cant go wrong with a Stalker.

#9 Rear Admiral Tier 6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 12:03 PM

well if you have the Awesome 8Q,its recommended that you buy 2 more or those,9M and 8R might be the best bets for performance

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users